closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Another one for next year

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I can see a redesigned bezel with a high dome plexi and hand-wound movement in the future... the problem will be availability of movements.
    Yes please!!
    This, one hundred times over, yes!

(hopefully <= 13mm thickness)

Apprentice
    So much want but so little money in the bank :( I failed to save up even though I knew it was delayed...

Looks amazing and I'll have to make do perving over pictures other people post and always regret the one that got away...

Makes my life slightly easier though, I can't decide between the white or black dial anyway!

Great price too, really highlights how much other sellers take the wee with their pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

Great price too, really highlights how much other sellers take the wee with their pricing.
    On top of that with higher volumes the manufacturing costs will be lower per unit.
    THIN is the new BLACK

It's a hard decision i must take for this coming Sunday...do i have to try to pick one of the white monopusher or try to get a silver jubilee Everest instead...

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Have I missed something, has there been a secret sale; the Smiths Monopusher appears sold out already!!!

Jubilee still available mind

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Have I missed something, has there been a secret sale; the Smiths Monopusher appears sold out already!!!
    What, you didn't get one in the early-opening special?

More seriously, that's odd.

Craftsman
    The account sign-on was mucking around as well this morning (treating my logon attempt as a new account creation then stating (correctly) that the email address was already in use).

Nothing else that would considered 'In high demand' appears to be sold out.

Odd it should happen today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCansell View Post
    Nothing else that would considered 'In high demand' appears to be sold out.

Odd it should happen today.
    I'm quite sure that none of the Monopushers have been sold so I can only presume that Eddie has chosen to mark them as out of stock for reasons.

Maybe Eddie would prefer to stagger sales of the Silver Jubilee and the Monopusher. Just guessing.

** Update after opening time **

Apparently not. ;-)
    Last edited by markrlondon; 14th November 2021 at 16:00. Reason: Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post

Jubilee still available mind
    Looks good to go now guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the hunt everyone!

Journeyman
    So looks like the black sold out first?

Master
    Fingers crossed 🤞 managed to get a cream dial version 🙂

Master
    Gone in under 2m30s.

Master
    Bagged a white one - I think.
    I had a hunch that the black ones would sell out first

Master

oh well

Thought I had one, but it slipped off the hook as I was completing payment details.

Well done to those who managed to get a blacked dialed version.

Needless to say if anyone has second thoughts........
    Last edited by ZIM; 14th November 2021 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Fingers crossed 爛 managed to get a cream dial version 

Likewise. Hopefully the order will go through.

Craftsman
    I missed out on a black mono pusher, the bank asked for an additional authentication on the app and it meant that at 14.01.20 was too late .......

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Thought I had one, but it slipped off the hook as I was completing payment details.

Well done to those who managed to get a blacked dialed versions.

Needless to say if anyone has second thoughts........
    Same here, but more of an issue with the website rejecting the card payment even though it was preloaded and correct

me too

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wife got a white one; I got a black one. One of them will be sold here at RRP when we have had a look at both.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Wife got a white one; I got a black one. One of them will be sold here at RRP when we have had a look at both.
    Well if you decide to sell the black dialed one I would certainly be interested.

All the best

Sean

Another one for next year

Just missed on a black - got a white! Having two addresses lost valuable seconds!

I do have small wrists though and so I have some concern over the 15mm height. If it's too bulky, I'll resell on here at RRP.

Please PM if you want first refusal.
    Last edited by fm.tz; 14th November 2021 at 15:41.

Wonder if theyve all gone. Looks a superb watch, not sure if the dimensions work for me so I resisted temptation. Looking forward to on the wrist shots from those who were successful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ston View Post
    So looks like the black sold out first?
    Yes. I saw that the blacks had sold out by 14:01.

The whites were gone by some time before 14:03.

It will be interesting to see if that was the entire 100 Monopushers or if Eddie made only a subset of the run available for this opening.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 14th November 2021 at 16:00.

Journeyman
    I expected the cream dial to go first. Just as well we all like different things!

I bagged a cream dial.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

Genuinely interested to see how this wears on the wrist. On paper the dimensions look great but wrists vary. Also, while size, while shape, weight etc are objectively quantifiable there’s always the subjective element. Personally I think it’s going to be just fine; the numbers are at the top end of my own personal preferences but not over the line. I tried on a friend’s Vanguard thinking it would be too “big” (heavy and thick) but it was great: very comfortable and looked perfectly proportioned. The PRS-82 I did find bulky and awkward. It’s like shoes or jeans: you might know your size and check the measurements but some fit and others don’t.

I’m really excited about this and compared with the other watches that use the same movement (Farer, Vertex et al.) I think Eddie’s offering is by far the best. It’s the nicest new watch I’ve seen since the “Everest Expedition”.
    Last edited by Rev-O; 14th November 2021 at 17:52.

I'm just a bit worried about the bezel, but boy, that black dial with aged lume is worth a shot

I was planning on getting one of these until I saw the side-on view of the bezel. Will probably regret not trying for one, but needn't be too hard on myself as most likely would not have been successful anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

Its the nicest new watch Ive seen since the Everest Expedition.
    Yes it is. Myself, I have gone off chronos since they became too popular. 20 years ago I would have payed over-market for one of these. Pity about the movement restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    It's the nicest new watch I've seen since the 'Everest Expedition'.
    Agreed, thankfully I was able to get an Expedition last year and I bought a white Monopusher on Sunday. Hopefully they make an amazing pair.

Master
    Anyone got one arriving today ? Looking forward to seeing some pics.
    maseman

Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post
    Anyone got one arriving today ? Looking forward to seeing some pics.
    maseman
    I have.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Brownie points for a side view of this bad boy

Genuinely excited to see some owners pictures of these!

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Brownie points for a side view of this bad boy

7.25" wrist.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Very sharp.

Journeyman
    Really glad the blue is a navy blue and not the light blue that I saw in some pics. Probably just lighting.

Looks fantastic! Congratulations.

That's superb, congrats on your new watch and the brownie points won. I still have some points left for the first picture of the black dial in the flesh

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ston View Post
    Really glad the blue is a navy blue and not the light blue that I saw in some pics. Probably just lighting.

Agreed, the blue in the pics didnt look dark enough.
    That looks spot on

Looks really good, can't wait for mine.

Master

It's a total strap monster - spoilt for choice. I have a heavyweight Staib mesh somehwere if I can find it that should also work well. Though I think it will stay on the Bund for a while.

I was a bit worried about size, taking it out of the watch roll - at 40mm it's the smallest watch I have - but I needn't have ... the heft gives it plenty of wrist presence. The height is just perfect and overall has a great feel to it. The dial is perfection.

(BTW I was parked up when I took the top shot).

Journeyman
    Very jealous, both look great. Can't wait to get mine now!

All the pictures look stunning, I can't wait to receive mine. Does anyone know what happened to the display case-back idea that was planned to be included? Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    All the pictures look stunning, I can't wait to receive mine. Does anyone know what happened to the display case-back idea that was planned to be included? Eddie?
    I don't recall ever mentioning a view back.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

Eddie,
    Thanks for the response during a busy time of posting orders. I was referring to your posts in this thread, numbers:

"Only one movement, 2 case backs with each watch, like the PRS-42."

"If you want to see the movement, you just remove the movement cover when you swap over to the view back."

As it wasn't mentioned on the shopfront, I wasn't expecting it, but it would have been a lovely addition to show off the movement.
    Last edited by fm.tz; 17th November 2021 at 10:33.

Eddie
    It did come up but never became part of the plan:

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Can it have a crystal caseback? That movement is too pretty to hide it behind a solid back. Also, drilled lugs perhaps? - I imagine a lot of these will be worn on leather.
    I did consider that but then I couldn't have the planned faraday cage.

Eddie

OK, some initial impressions.

The first thing I saw was the dial. I have several old military watches and lots of vintage Smiths (and some that are both) so I think I'm qualified to say that it is really really good. The lume is pretty much the same colour as my radium GS De Luxe, a subtly aged shade of off-white. (Imho more successful than the nicotine of the PRS-82.) The glow is good without being a total "torch" and more than legible. The ground seems to be ever so slightly "tropical" (i.e. a very very dark brown rather than absolutely jet black). I might be wrong about that and it could well actually be black but either way it looks great.

Size: 40mm is about as big as I go (36-38mm is my ideal sweet spot but I wear 32-34mm; 30mm is too small; I'm aware that for others 40mm might be bang on or even a bit less than they are used to.) Any any rate it doesn't look wrong.

Taking it out of the packaging I was surprised -- and not entirely pleasantly so -- by the weight and thickness. As I said, I'm used to vintage watches which are generally manual wind and thinner. I put in on a perlon for a closer fit. I know that adds a tiny amount of height as the one-piece, pull-through passes underneath the head. However, with it being so tall and heavy (again, compared with what I'm used to) I didn't want any looseness or movement on the wrist. After a very short time I stopped noticing that I was even waring it, despite it being a pretty massive slab. (By my own standards it's a bit of a hockey puck but stopping to chat to a neighbour who wears a modern Omega chonograph -- a Planet Ocean, I think -- I realised that many people wear bigger, heavier watches all the time.)

The high profile of the bezel reduced slightly the angle at which the dial is visible, compared with flatter watches, but echoes or mirrors the bevel on the caseback (which is similar to the screw-on back of some vintage cases.)

Pusher and crown look well-executed and work beautifully. Good proportions, too. The signed crown is a nice touch.

The lugs are extremely pleasing; a perfect size and shape. I could imagine some manufacturers might have gone for beefier lugs but these taper down to quite fine ends which I like; the thin ends stops the watch appearing too fat (and goodness knows it's chunky enough as it is). Drilled holes for quick (and non-scratch) strap changes are a big plus for me, and again pick up some of the features and styling of vintage watches. I have a thing for 18mm lugs (and a large collection of 18mm straps) but 20mm looks right on a 40mm case and the extra strap width spreads the weight better. (One top tip for NATO and perlon fans is to use shoulderless spring bars; fabric straps can snag on standard ones and ping them out. On watches without drilled lugs that means cutting the bars if/when you want to remove them, which is another reason for preferring drilled lugs.)

The finishing on the case is flawless: sharp edges, even brushing. In an ideal world I've had preferred a case made in Europe rather than China but I can't argue with the quality, especially at this price point.

The movement has some rotor whirr and wobble but a lot less than the miyota and isn't really noticeable. Timekeeping has been OK but I expect it to settle down once it's been run in.

What would I change about it? Nothing. I could see a manual wind version with acrylic crystal might work well and would be popular; it would also be lighter and even closer to the "original" spec.

All in all it's lovely piece. It arrived at 9am yesterday and I wore it all day. Reaching for it again this morning reminded me of its sheer heft but once strapped securely on it simply has a good wrist presence without being overpowering. A very pleasing watch to wear: robust and legible with a vintage vibe that doesn't look fake or forced.

Recommended.
    Last edited by Rev-O; 17th November 2021 at 13:56.

Super review Rev-O