Journeyman
    Yes, thanks for those words Rev-O

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I have.

R

Twice lucky!

Both fantastic pieces Ralph, you are on a rol ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Great write up, ever since trying my first 36mm I’m always a little reluctant to go too big. I do wish I would be more open to it at times but I guess it stops me from spending more money. But had i bigger wrists, this is a piece I’d like to be able to wear.

I forgot to mention one thing: yesterday was my birthday (and a big one, too -- 50) so getting this in the post was the icing on the cake.

Thanks again to Eddie and, I should add, the forum for another great Time Factors watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    As usual - great photo - really looking forwards to getting mine tomorrow 🙂

Dropped some pictures on Rev-o review thread but the watch exceeds expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Absolutely lovely.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Buyers, rejoice: I think there is still some stock left for the next store opening

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Buyers, rejoice: I think there is still some stock left for the next store opening
    How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    How do you know that?
    The watch is listed as in stock on the website:

https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...ths-monopusher

Master
    Anybody waiting for update on delivery?
    I received confirmation e mail of my order on Sunday, but nothing since

I noticed that. It was "Out of Stock" now, it seems, it is available again.

Good luck!

Craftsman
    Many thanks for that! I will try again, I guess on the 28th

Craftsman
    Does the monopusher come with a triple watch case? The blue looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    Does the monopusher come with a triple watch case? The blue looks great.
    It does, very nice it is too.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Loving this, I've ordered a brown leather for it too, for a dresser look.
    Last edited by kace; 23rd November 2021 at 17:01.

Craftsman
    Managed to place an order for a black one today

Blog Entries
    Amazingly, not all the white Monopushers sold out. That really surprises me.

I ordered a Seafire thinking that my budget didn't stretch to a Monopusher this time around but perhaps this is the watch gods' way of telling me to budget for a white Monopusher next time no matter what. ;-)

Craftsman
    It looks like I've managed to get a Black Monopusher - completed by 2.01.15

Had my address set on my profile - so no time wasted there - and pasted my card number in (typed my name and other info as it was probably going to be quicker).

(Don't know how to store card details - ?)

Luckily it seems that the higher price of the Monopusher is discouraging those who are only after a profit (you might make 50% on a £300 watch but less chance you will on £950).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post

I ordered a Seafire thinking that my budget didn't stretch to a Monopusher this time around but perhaps this is the watch gods' way of telling me to budget for a white Monopusher next time no matter what. ;-)
    I picked up a white/cream dial from the sales corner in the week, having failed to get the black on the 14th. and knowing I would be driving on the M1 this afternoon at 2.

Very pleased with the cream with blue, makes a refreshing change to most of my other watches and their black dials.

Managed to get a black one today too. Very pleased. Look forward to receiving it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    would that mean they'll not be making "white" an option again?

The black dial is showing up as sold out for me but not the white one.

Craftsman
    Thought the 57 was a one off limited run of 50 of each dial, hence why the s/n is **/50.

Correct - nor a black one.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    There will be more white Monopushers for sale at the next opening. How many though, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Managed to get a black one today too. Very pleased. Look forward to receiving it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Congratulations, me too....I'm looking forward to recieving it.

It was the same with the Vanguard -- one version (I forget which) sold out much more quickly but now both are completely gone. There was WTB for one on another forum recently I think. And that, nice as it is, is really "just" a Daytona-esque twin pusher panda. This is a much cooler (imho) option.

Agree that the high price will deter quick flip profiteers but could see that in the longer term the limited nature might see them trading at well over RRP, the black ones especially.

I can't see mine going anywhere any time soon though so don't PM me.

I don't do flattery and sycophancy but a decade on this forum and I can only conclude that Eddie is the thinking man's Christopher Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post

I don't do flattery and sycophancy but a decade on this forum and I can only conclude that Eddie is the thinking man's Christopher Ward.
    I do not consider them to be occupying the same universe. CW are building a traditional brand with model lines. Eddie does whatever he can with what becomes available to him. If it wasn't for Timefactors I would probably be into Bremont. Eddie is probably Bremont without the money.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    If it wasn't for Timefactors I would probably be into Bremont. Eddie is probably Bremont without the money.
    Funny I've just been looking at the Bremont MP and comparing it to my 57. While there appears to be a higher level of overall quality with the Bremont, its certainly doesn't justify the much higher asking price. Makes the 57 look extremely good value; lucky to have acquired one.

Journeyman
    Congrats to all those that got one yesterday, you won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I do not consider them to be occupying the same universe. CW are building a traditional brand with model lines. Eddie does whatever he can with what becomes available to him. If it wasn't for Timefactors I would probably be into Bremont. Eddie is probably Bremont without the money.
    Yes, TF is still a true microbrand; CW is a (possibly still nascent) brand. But with limited runs and more interesting designs I know who I prefer. Also, buying the Smiths name was a very clever move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Funny I've just been looking at the Bremont MP and comparing it to my 57. While there appears to be a higher level of overall quality with the Bremont, its certainly doesn't justify the much higher asking price. Makes the 57 look extremely good value; lucky to have acquired one.
    Yes, the 57's case isn't finished as well as the Bremonts I've handled but then 1.) the in-house case is a big selling point for Bremont and 2.) that is reflected in the RRP. The 57 case is fine -- it looks good on the wrist and has great WR / AM properties -- but run a loupe over it and it's nowhere near the same league as, say, Omega. For me that is more than offset by being sub £1k (find me another watch with a three figure price tag that is as good) and the movement (Swiss!) and the dial (honestly superb -- simply stunning). What do I look at -- literally -- when I glance at the watch? The dial. And what do I rely on to be accurate and reliable? The movement. The case just has to be adequate. It's merely housing and as long as it's robust and looks OK then that's enough. I don't generally examine the case; I just need it to do its job and not be ugly or fail. Think of them as legs: some people might have a wildly attractive pair but the key thing is do they work? Are they solid and do the job? So far, no complaints on those fronts. My legs ain't much to look at but they've seldom let me down.
    Last edited by Rev-O; 29th November 2021 at 18:23.

"Yes, the 57's case isn't finished as well as the Bremonts"

When it comes to these retro designs I think having a perfect case etc almost let them down. Half of the attraction to me of the older watches are the "flaws".

Anyway very much looking forward to receiving mine. My Caribbean has been on my wrist since arrival. Very accurate....more so than my PO, Sub, Tudors etc (usual suspects). In fact with the PRS-57 I begin to question the need for the others.....
    Caribbean with true jumping hour GMT would be perfect.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post

When it comes to these retro designs I think having a perfect case etc almost let them down. Half of the attraction to me of the older watches are the "flaws".
    Agreed. Watches are now mostly luxury jewellery; vintage military and tool watches usually have purely functional cases. In that respect the "57" is closer to the old originals than modern high-end, top dollar stuff.

If you're half as happy with yours as I am with then you'll really like it. It's a great watch.