closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newmark 52 Field watch

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    I have one on order, got a 6BB chrono a few weeks back which is excellent and liked the look of these. I’m normally a bit of a quartz snob but its the vh31 that runs 4 ticks/s and looking at vids on YouTube it seems to have a fairly smooth sweep. I got the same colour as sweets and really looking forward to receiving it now, great photos!
    Can I ask how noticeable is the gap between the crown and the case on the 6BB? I fancy one but worry that the gap would irritate me.
    Last edited by Liam4271; 10th October 2020 at 10:42. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Liam4271 View Post
    Can I ask how noticeable is the gap between the crown and the case on the 6BB? I fancy one but worry that the gap would irritate me.
    Hardly noticeable at all IMO:

I noticed it on mine immediately but never noticed it again and I’ve worn it all day every day since it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam4271 View Post

I am wearing my 6BB today
    It is noticeable but accurate to the original watch. It actually makes using the crown easier in comparison to the CWC, Hamilton, etc.

Ordered Thursday evening, on my wrist Saturday.

Another Newmark classic from Ewan

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Those photos really show off the blued hands. I’m getting more and more tempted by one of these. Would look good on a blue Perlon I reckon.

In terms of VFM it makes so much sense to buy one of each of Ewan's creations. To go with my 6BB I'd buy the cream dial 6BB, gilt dial 52, blue dial ND 71 and a Panda. What a lovely collection that would be.

Hardly noticeable at all IMO:

It looks great in that photo.

Just ordered the ivory dialled 52 Ewan - I remember when you did some great reviews of Eddie’s models years ago, watch looks great and happy to support someone who’s turned a hobby into a business. Plus of course the watch looks great!

Many thanks Rob!

I used to enjoy doing the reviews - it's seven years since the last!! I can't believe where the time has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Just ordered the ivory dialled 52 Ewan - I remember when you did some great reviews of Eddie’s models years ago, watch looks great and happy to support someone who’s turned a hobby into a business. Plus of course the watch looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    Many thanks Rob!

I used to enjoy doing the reviews - it's seven years since the last!! I can't believe where the time has gone.
    Wow, that is shocking!! The last few years have just flown. It’s weird - I joined TZ-UK back when I was into military watches, must be 20 years ago although I lost my log in at some point - have been through that phase, then a few years on the Rolex/Panerai/Omega route - back when they were much, much cheaper, I had a few 5513’s for £1500 and less! - then lost the bug for a bit, somehow ending up with a whole bunch of G shocks, no idea how that happened - then I spotted this thread and the swerve back to military has bitten strongly, helped by the fact that my eyes are no longer brilliant for a G shock, or even a date display for that matter! - glad to be buying from an old familiar name not a faceless corporation

Master
    I crumbled in the end. Ordered Friday, arrived Saturday. Seems great vfm and the quartz movement adds real character while keeping the cost reasonable. The ticking of the hand 4 times a second really does give the appearance of a slow-beat mechanical movement and without the consideration of whether or not the hand "hits the markers" :-)

Ant
    Last edited by frp422; 13th October 2020 at 11:58.

That looks good on you and a great picture! Agreed, the movement certainly takes the worry out of the 'hitting the markers' conundrum!!

Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I crumbled in the end. Ordered Friday, arrived Saturday. Seems great vfm and the quartz movement adds real character while keeping the cost reasonable. The ticking of the hand 4 times a second really does give the appearance of a slow-beat mechanical movement and without the consideration of whether or not the hand "hits the markers" :-)

Ant
    Last edited by ewan.w; 13th October 2020 at 12:26.

I heard a rumour that there is a new Newmark diver on the way. Any chance of a sneak preview?

Nothing to see here.....just yet!

That looks good on you and a great picture! Agreed, the movement certainly takes the worry out of the 'hitting the markers' conundrum!!

Attachment 18374
    Arrived very swiftly and incredibly well packaged - do you use a special method Ewan??!! Took me nearly 5 mins to break through the box! - really pleased, well finished and lovely proportions. The size is perfect, elegant yet chunky - dial and hands look great, blued hands, crisply printed dial, bright evenly and perfectly applied lume, what’s not to like! - I also like the brushing of the case, and how it extends between the lugs. Clearly a labour of love - another happy customer!

Craftsman
    This is a little beaut! It’s on the way to the collection.

The packaging method is down to my wife to be honest!! She's quite thorough with it to say the least :-)

Very glad that you like it and I hope we got it about right!

Cheers

Ewan

Attachment 18374
    Arrived very swiftly and incredibly well packaged - do you use a special method Ewan??!! Took me nearly 5 mins to break through the box! - really pleased, well finished and lovely proportions. The size is perfect, elegant yet chunky - dial and hands look great, blued hands, crisply printed dial, bright evenly and perfectly applied lume, what’s not to like! - I also like the brushing of the case, and how it extends between the lugs. Clearly a labour of love - another happy customer!

Craftsman
    Unpacking done!

You were not kidding about lume, wow

Last edited by caye031; 14th October 2020 at 12:55. Reason: more pictures

Excellent pictures - I think I need a new camera or phone, my pics are always 'iffy'!

Looks great and very pleased that you like it - out of curiosity, do you find it wears a little smaller than its dimensions would suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by caye031 View Post
    Unpacking done!

You were not kidding about lume, wow

Craftsman
    First here's 'iffy' one off my own, strap change!

I know this will not be helpful, but I would say it wears exactly as it's dimensions suggest, between seiko sarb035 (38mm) and speedy (41mm).
    Visually due to ivory dial and thickness looks prominent on the wrist, but it fits on the wrist perfectly and it is really comfortable.

I caved. Black dial ordered today.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Haha - I’ve nearly caved and bought the gilt to go with my cream one! - I’ve really bonded with mine over the last few days, something so cheerful about 3 hands and nice clear numbers round a dial!

Craftsman

You won’t be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I note from this thread that I've had mine for 18 days now, and in that time it's gained about half a second, if that. Pretty impressive, at least for the moment.

Craftsman
    Friend got one as well

Master
    I've bought the cream dialled version, really lovely watch, very impressed, and would have purchased the gilt dialled model if it'd not been sold out, any more on the way Ewan?

Yep, all versions in stock now!

Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    I've bought the cream dialled version, really lovely watch, very impressed, and would have purchased the gilt dialled model if it'd not been sold out, any more on the way Ewan?

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I note from this thread that I've had mine for 18 days now, and in that time it's gained about half a second, if that. Pretty impressive, at least for the moment.
    Snap! Well, I’ve not had it 18 days, but the time is still spot on after 10 days - it’s an impressive little watch for sure

Master
    Congratulations everyone - they do look really great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    These are the last ones. I promiss.

Well, I tossed a coin this morning and now have a gilt dial on the way. Been wearing my 6BB a lot over the past week or so and I'd forgotten how much I like it.

Very nice, especially with the blue hands. Are the outline of the Arabic numerals blue or black?

Craftsman
    I am very tempted by the Ivory, and I really shouldn't because I have already spent £2500 this week on another watch. The Newmark is a bargain in comparison, and I only live down the road. It would be nice to support a local business for a change. Can I think of any more reasons to convince myself?

I bought the 6BB a few weeks ago and it's absolutely incredible, I love it. The finishing, size and scale are stunning at this price point. I also love the fact that I'm supporting Ewan and his UK company, in the same way as buying from Eddie does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I am very tempted by the Ivory, and I really shouldn't because I have already spent £2500 this week on another watch. The Newmark is a bargain in comparison, and I only live down the road. It would be nice to support a local business for a change. Can I think of any more reasons to convince myself?

Craftsman
    Are these limited production or will they be restocked for the foreseeable future?

They're all currently in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Are these limited production or will they be restocked for the foreseeable future?

Craftsman
    They're all currently in stock.
    Thanks, I was more wondering if they will be for the foreseeable future or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Well, I tossed a coin this morning and now have a gilt dial on the way. Been wearing my 6BB a lot over the past week or so and I'd forgotten how much I like it.
    And barely 24 hours later, it's here! I'll stick some photos up later on, but it's a real beauty; the sapphire changes the weight and balance a bit compared with the 6BB, but it works very well as a simple field watch. The gloss black dial is gorgeous, reminiscent of the Sinn 556 I used to have, loads of "depth", if that makes sense. And the gilt hands and markings really lift the whole thing nicely. Overall, I think it's another winner from Ewan and represents some serious value for money.

Edited to add: I was also much impressed by the speed of delivery and by Mrs. Ewan's exceptionally secure packaging! ;-)
    Last edited by PreacherCain; 28th October 2020 at 15:44.

A few quick-and-dirty photos; I’ve tried to capture some of the depth of the dial, and show how the gilt details catch the light. Definitely another winner from Newmark, this one.

(As an aside: is the new signed crown compatible with the original 6BB...?)

Ooh, that looks nice!

And Mrs Ewan says thanks for the packaging compliments! The crown on the 52 is actually larger than that of the 6bb I'm afraid.

Really nice watches for the price point. Just ordered the 52 field watch in Ivory. Tempted to go for the HS chrono as well, but too many purchases this month!

Look forward to seeing this.

Good question!

As with most microbrands the decision to make another run very much depends on the demand for the initial run. The 52 is selling well at the moment but whether more are made then I'm not sure just yet. Don't want to sound cagey but that is the nature of the beast. If we were selling 50 pieces a day of each dial then my answer would be a resounding 'yes!' - but we're not, so need to take it week by week.

Not sure if this helps but I hope it goes some way to answering your question!

All best

Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post

Craftsman

My 52 in a very wet and stormy Cornwall yesterday. The pictures of the guilt variant look fantastic, I’m very tempted...,

‘Guilt variant’ - is that the one you get when you’ve already spent too much on watches this month?!?

Craftsman
    ‘Guilt variant’ - is that the one you get when you’ve already spent too much on watches this month?!?
    Yes that’s the one and usually a monthly occurrence!!

Has anyone on the forum bought the HS Chronograph or Panda chronograph?

Any thoughts in this model?

Craftsman
    Good question!

As with most microbrands the decision to make another run very much depends on the demand for the initial run. The 52 is selling well at the moment but whether more are made then I'm not sure just yet. Don't want to sound cagey but that is the nature of the beast. If we were selling 50 pieces a day of each dial then my answer would be a resounding 'yes!' - but we're not, so need to take it week by week.

Not sure if this helps but I hope it goes some way to answering your question!

All best

Ewan
    That definitely makes sense. Thanks

On metal for a change

Journeyman
    I have to admit that I was initially skeptical at a quartz field watch. I thought that it would be too light, and light feels cheap. The 52 is amazing. It has become one of my favourite watches, and my favourite field watch. The sturdy construction makes it feel like a field watch should. It is clean and functional but still with a strong style. And the "grab and go" nature of quartz movement is really appreciated, as is the sweep second.

Bottom line. This is a great watch. I don't need another field watch.