closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nick Mankey

Nick Mankey

Worth the wait. A Nick Mankey design which I think rather suits this Ray Mears.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks good,I’ve had a couple of his straps ,well worth the money imho.

Can you take some pics off the wrist so we can see how it works, please.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Hope these make it a little clearer.

And I have to say, I agree with all I've read about how comfy these straps are.

I have 4 Nick Mankey straps and they are by far the most comfortable strap I own. The only thing that stops me buying my usual dozen or so is I’m the unlucky one who always seems to get hit with HM Customs.

They do look a bit confusing to attach but there’s an accompanying video for the likes of me who are hard of thinking but once secured by the hook I don’t undo them, I just slid them on and off my wrist.

Very nice! However $40 plus shipping, customs and handling. An eight week production time then delivery from the US. It's a no from me.

Master
    I have the green version on my Garmin ' Instinct ', excellent straps and very comfortable.

I've got few, totally agree with the posts about how comfortable they are, just hug the wrist. Seem to be pretty hardwearing too, had one on my "gardening" watch all summer and it still looks as good as new. Got pvd hardware too which is unmarked.

I've been lucky with customs when the package is just the one strap, got clobbered when I ordered 2.

Master
    Straps from The Watch Steward seem very similar apart from the hook and are somewhat easier to obtain.

Interesting article which compares the Mankey, Watchsteward and Erica original.

https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/compa...get-be-damned/

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks for posting - they look like they might be the 24mm nylon that I've looking for!

I think this maybe a new record for me, two weeks with the same watch and same strap!

Well, I was moocing through my watch box this afternoon, and it turns out that I actually own a Watch Steward strap in 20mm.

Here it is on my SPB149. Sorry for the poor pics - it's dark here, and I'm not the best photographer!

I've tried my Watch Stew-ard strap on my SLA - the monocoque case is very thick, and it really suits a strap with nothing behind the head. I like it/ It's very comfortable, and makes me thing that I fitted my Erica's strap wrong...

Just weakened and bought a couple of NM straps, mainly for a watch iK haven't picked up yet. So it goes.

Something nice to look forward to for 2021 then!

Great straps but an almost 3 month turn around.

I've just fitted an Erica original and unlike the Nick Mankey and the Watchsteward, it does go behind the watch, like a nato.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using TZ-UK mobile app

A few picks of an Erika Original on another Ray Mears!

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Just weakened and bought a couple of NM straps, mainly for a watch iK haven't picked up yet. So it goes.
    Quotin' myself with this news - ten weeks or so, from order to shipping!

And picked up.

A few observations. I like the packaging. Nice and neat without being over the top, and a QR code that links to a document with fitting instructions.

And you need the instructions. The strap is fairly complicated!

But once you've got your head around it, it's fairly sensible. There are a couple of ways that it can be adjusted - the position of the metalware, and the length, the tightness, of ht strap, of course. And it's straightforward to get a good fit.

I'll pop back in some time with some slightly longer-term reflections.

Couple more shots in the sunshine (and dust).

I've ordered one of his prototype fixed bar versions.

https://nickmankeydesigns.com/shop/t...tic-watch-band

On its way to me now, looking forward to trying it on my CWC diver, seems like it should be secure.

I'm a big fan of these, they're just so comfortable and the hardware is neater than the Erika's imo.

I haven’t received a shipping date yet, I ordered the end of Nov but he did say 8-10 weeks so not concerned.
    Did anyone get clobbered by HM Customs? I always do whenever I’ve bought from Nick.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes I got caught for charges ,early 2020.

I've always got away with small one strap orders and paid if I've ordered 2 or more.

They seem to last well so it's worth it either way.

Master
    I bought the one I have from Andy, aka Bonzodog. No import fee's paid. And the strap is still going strong.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I bought the one I have from Andy, aka Bonzodog. No import fee's paid. And the strap is still going strong.
    Glad to hear that.

The latest two straps arrived yesterday and for the first time, they bypassed customs!!!
    Im expecting a demand any day though, I’m never that lucky.