65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 46.15%
  • No

20 30.77%
  • Don't care

15 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does this itch never stop...

I tend to mull over a possible purchase for 2 or 3 years, and then I buy 'em to keep.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Because IMO it can become almost unhealthy obsessional behaviour in the end.

When one itch is scratched another one comes along, even after spending tens of thousands of pounds you are never satisfied. Always looking for the next fix.

I agree that the research and possibly the purchase are quite exciting but IME ownership is always an anti climax, which is why many of these watches end up being flipped.

How can anything live up to the dream?
    I aim to fund by selling - sure I tend to sell lower than I buy so need to add a bit of cash each year - but I find it an interesting hobby and net annual spending a lot less than other hobbies could be (cars, golf, tech etc). There is such a varied type of watches I haven’t found an end just yet.

Life is a journey man!

I agree btw.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I aim to fund by selling - sure I tend to sell lower than I buy so need to add a bit of cash each year - but I find it an interesting hobby and net annual spending a lot less than other hobbies could be (cars, golf, tech etc). There is such a varied type of watches I haven’t found an end just yet.

Life is a journey man!

I agree btw.
    Neil said it better than I could, however it’s your money, you’re not hurting anyone so yes, go for it if you enjoy it. Relying on my memory but was it you who was toying with getting a PP from Sales Corner almost on a whim? That is madness (to me).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The everose YM is magnificent. Probably my favourite pm Rolex and I regret selling mine.
    The WG one leaves me cold having seen it in the metal. They also seem to be flipped quite regularly.

Master
    I know it’s not the same but have you tried wearing the chnr on a rubberb/ Everest?

Might just change your mind?

Journeyman
    A no from me. I actually tried on that YM in an AD last week.. I like the Oysterflex (first time I've had one on) but I would go for the Rootbeer over this for sure. RG Daytona on Oysterflex might be a different story however!

Craftsman
    The YM is one of the few , if only watch that has nigh on stopped me in my tracks and just stared at it . Its just wonderful to me .

I sheepishly showed the good lady it , she checked the value of it and laughed it off with a no chance .
    She is ok , just with half those prices so I should be happy with that I guess.
    But dream I will.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ptjoe View Post
    I sheepishly showed the good lady it , she checked the value of it and laughed it off with a no chance.
    Rookie error

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I tend to mull over a possible purchase for 2 or 3 years, and then I buy 'em to keep.
    You’re clearly much more grown up than me!

Simon

Martyn I wouldn’t do it because I don’t like the YM bezel.

I’ll get my coat...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ... What would you do?
    I really like both WG and Everose Yachtmasters, and think the RB is gopping, but drilling-down a bit: if you're asking a bunch of acquaintances and strangers, that's already a big "nope", and I'd hazard that you should let the pink mist condense a bit before acting.

Master

Why does this itch never stop...

Quote Originally Posted by gregjd View Post
    A no from me. I actually tried on that YM in an AD last week.. I like the Oysterflex (first time I've had one on) but I would go for the Rootbeer over this for sure. RG Daytona on Oysterflex might be a different story however!

Completely different than the YM but Rose Gold Daytona on Oysterflex, very comfortable but still think it’s a fraction too small. For the measurements approx 2-3mm smaller lug to lug.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 5th October 2020 at 21:25.

Craftsman
    Interesting (and long) videos on the YM in an evocative location. Some good shots of the RG model.

https://youtu.be/whmkygwxITY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalystGuy View Post
    Interesting (and long) videos on the YM in an evocative location. Some good shots of the RG model.

https://youtu.be/whmkygwxITY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    good spot. Enjoyed that with a bit of R. Strauss mix too