closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dornbluth ceramic dials

Craftsman

Dornbluth ceramic dials

I've been considering a 99.1 and have priced up a bronze case, with a ceramic dial. The dial is an extra 1600 euro, so just looking for opinions, is it worth the extra.. I'm sure it will make the watch "pop", and I'd be able to get a green dial which suits bronze, over a printed blue or brown..but 1600 is a lot extra

Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    I've been considering a 99.1 and have priced up a bronze case, with a ceramic dial. The dial is an extra 1600 euro, so just looking for opinions, is it worth the extra.. I'm sure it will make the watch "pop", and I'd be able to get a green dial which suits bronze, over a printed blue or brown..but 1600 is a lot extra
    Is it really €1600 more? It sound way too much IMHO, Dornblüth use to be very moderate with their prices.

Craftsman
    Yeah, that's the price..not much extra for the bronze, but thd ceramic dial is bring it in over 6.5k Euro

Craftsman
    Completely agree 1600EUR is a lot but that combo will be something else I'm sure you wouldn't regret it.

Apprentice
    1600€ is definitely a huge premium, and one that gave me seconds thoughts. But I still decided to get one myself - the engraving of all markings and numerals is incredibly rare to see (laser is often the closest you get) on a dial. And it looks much better in real life than it does from pictures.

After getting the chance to see them in real life, I jumped on the ceramic in spite of the high price.

Here's a macro picture - do note its just a sample, so not exactly the same as a proper production dial.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the feedback..I agree it'll be a one off, and very rare. In the flesh, the ceramic should look amazing...now its just to take that leap..