closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Availability of Milgauss GV in UK Dealer Network

Availability of Milgauss GV in UK Dealer Network

Morning All,

Been out of the Rolex game since 2017 when I sold my BLNR on here for what I seem to recall was the RRP...! Times have changed.

Anyway, quite fancy another Milgauss GV as it was the watch I wore when I married my wife back in 2013. I've kept an eye on the relentless increase in prices for most SS sports Rolex over the past couple of years. When I bought my GV it wasn't a hard watch to get but it was an easy way to lose at least a grand in instant depreciation. Doesn't look that way now.

I haven't bought from my local dealer for over 4 years so not sure if I have a 'relationship' with them that counts for much.

Are there GVs sitting in the dealer networks, or has this gone the way of most of the other sports Rolex? When I bought mine I think it was either in the window, or came from a store close by. I don't recall any faffing or waiting, which I can't be arsed with!

Craftsman
    I've been on the "list" for the Z-Blue version for a year now, and semi-regular prodding of my AD hasn't yielded anything.

I too recall seeing a Milgauss in every AD window a few years ago - how things change... I too got married in 2013, and my wedding watch was an Polar Explorer II. When I bought that, I had the choice of the EII, an Explorer, a black Milgauss GV and a no-date Sub! I love the EII, but the Milgauss has haunted me ever since - I should have done something about it when I had the chance...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Morning All,

Been out of the Rolex game since 2017 when I sold my BLNR on here for what I seem to recall was the RRP...! Times have changed.

Anyway, quite fancy another Milgauss GV as it was the watch I wore when I married my wife back in 2013. I've kept an eye on the relentless increase in prices for most SS sports Rolex over the past couple of years. When I bought my GV it wasn't a hard watch to get but it was an easy way to lose at least a grand in instant depreciation. Doesn't look that way now.

I haven't bought from my local dealer for over 4 years so not sure if I have a 'relationship' with them that counts for much.

Are there GVs sitting in the dealer networks, or has this gone the way of most of the other sports Rolex? When I bought mine I think it was either in the window, or came from a store close by. I don't recall any faffing or waiting, which I can't be arsed with!
    I waited about 6 months for a z blue, but that included covid lock down months. They are coming through but from i can tell there is a waitlist and they go that way, as in no window or very short time in the window. Its not that hard to secure though, just need to speak to a few ADs, register and wait.

Master
    I recall in 2013 "my" AD had all three in the window for months and knew I liked them. He kept trying to persuade me to buy one.

I was concerned re: the instant depreciation and even with his offer of decent discount it wasn't enough to convince me that I wouldn't still lose ££ if I sold on SC!

If only we all had a time machine !

Sorry, this doesnt help the OP. But, it will never be *the* GV you wore on your wedding day, so although it's a nice thought to have a similar watch, maybe time to try something else / new?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I picked my BLRO up from Mallory's in Bath on 14th February. While I was there I asked them to put me down for the Milgauss Z Blue. I got the call earlier than I'd have liked and picked it up on the first day that they were open after lockdown. IIRC that was 18th June. So a 4 months wait.

I rang an AD in Chester and Liverpool and was told the same thing by both, they do get these watches in more frequently than the other professional watches and they usually go to those who have 'expressed an interest' hence why you don't see them in the store windows.

The Liverpool store told me that if I wanted one I wouldn't need to worry about my place in the queue and I would have one within a few months.

A few weeks back I rang a different AD in Liverpool and they were happy to take my details over the phone and would let me know if anything came up. I opted for the Z-Blue out of the two GV models.

Half an hour later I received a phone call, if I was willing to pay a 25% deposit down there and then I would have one within a couple of months (anything from 3-4 weeks through to should be well here by Christmas). I paid the deposit and they confirmed that they had placed the order for the watch.

Bottom line - speak to a friendly AD.

I wasn't after a Milgauss I wanted an Explorer 1 but they are similar in respect of them not being the more popular sports watches.
    I rang my local AD on a Tuesday and asked after a 214270 Explorer.
    I had never had any contact with them before
    I was told they had none in stock but they were happy to put me on their register and that it shouldn't take too long as it was not like I was asking for a Sub.
    There was no mention of a deposit.
    The next day (Wednesday) I got an email confirming that I was on their register.
    On the Saturday morning I got a call saying they had a delivery the previous day and an Explorer was available.
    By 2.30 I was walking out of the shop wearing it.
    This was six weeks ago.

Fantastic service and the total opposite of all the stories about ADs I had heard.
    Last edited by Kevin; 2nd October 2020 at 16:58.

Thanks All

Took the advice and rang the AD I had bought from previously. I'm on the list. We'll see how long it takes!

Friend of mine registered interest for a milgauss and within 6 months has been offered both a z blue and a black gv. You'll wait, but not too long.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I asked about one in March before lockdown. Dealer rang me during lockdown to see if I was still interested, I said I was but not to pay and collect post lockdown. I gave them a call a while later to remind them of my interest, a week later a black GV was on my wrist. This was from Goldsmiths in Cribbs Causeway who I previously purchased a sub from.
    I actually rang to chase it the day the new Rolexes were announced, I think the guy was just happy to take a call not about a newly released sub.
    In the hour or so I spent a picking it up they had several phone calls about subs, one about a Daytona and a drop in enquiry from a guy who wanted a new sub but was already on their list for a Pepsi- they were very professional with everyone but you could tell it was a routine that was becoming tedious.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Thanks All

Took the advice and rang the AD I had bought from previously. I'm on the list. We'll see how long it takes!
    Let’s hope you’re on ‘the’ list and not ‘ze’ list!

Sorry, I’ll get my coat

I received a z blue within a month of asking. Not sure what availability is like with the black dial or if it differs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I picked up a black dial GV from the AD last Thursday. I think I had my name on the list for 9 months or so.. not too bad a wait and it's lovely. I originally wanted the Z blue but I'm glad I changed my mind.