closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Important information for users of IFS (insure for sure) watch insurance

Important information for users of IFS (insure for sure) watch insurance

Morning gents.
    Had an interesting email conversation with Jeroen from IFS this week regarding minimum box sizes for shipping.
    As you should know items must be double boxed, however the outer box MUST be a minimum of 12” x 10” x 1.5”
    Copied from their terms;

10.1 All shipments must be double boxed; size of the outer box must be minimal 10" X 1 1/2" X 12"

Hopefully you already knew this, I did not.
    I assume if all their conditions are not met, there might be a problem if claiming, but this is my own thought, not from Jeroen.
    The reasoning behind it (sizes are the same size of a small FeDex box)
    Is that statistically, larger boxes don’t go missing as often as small boxes.
    Let me know if you already knew and this us old news.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Morning gents.
    Had an interesting email conversation with Jeroen from IFS this week regarding minimum box sizes for shipping.
    As you should know items must be double boxed, however the outer box MUST be a minimum of 12” x 10” x 1.5”
    Copied from their terms;

10.1 All shipments must be double boxed; size of the outer box must be minimal 10" X 1 1/2" X 12"

Hopefully you already knew this, I did not.
    I assume if all their conditions are not met, there might be a problem if claiming, but this is my own thought, not from Jeroen.
    The reasoning behind it (sizes are the same size of a small FeDex box)
    Is that statistically, larger boxes don’t go missing as often as small boxes.
    Let me know if you already knew and this us old news.
    I was aware of their minimum box size(is 1 1/2 " correct though?)
    The other condition that is strange is that if it's going abroad you are supposed to put the value of the package for customs which did make me feel a bit uncomfortable and when I asked Jeroen he said he couldn't advise you to lie about the value on customs sheet.
    It's a bit of a pita trying to pay your invoice too with a UK credit card.

Master
    Yes the size equates to a particularl Fedex box size, the 1.5" min depth is correct. I use a Halfiax Clarity card to pay so don't get stung with exchange commission. The service they provide seems pretty slick but then I have never yet had to claim so can't comment on whether it works when the going gets tough.

Stupid question and a bit of a Harry Hill moment coming on, which is better between IFS and Secursus. Or is it just two different firms offering the same service.

Reason for the question is in case there is a specific reason why people are using IFS rather that Secursus. I notice quite a few people on here using both firms.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Stupid question and a bit of a Harry Hill moment coming on, which is better between IFS and Secursus. Or is it just two different firms offering the same service.

Reason for the question is in case there is a specific reason why people are using IFS rather that Secursus. I notice quite a few people on here using both firms.
    Same service as far as I know.
    Suppose no one knows until they need to claim on it which hopefully never happens.
    Inforsure did use Lloyds Of London for their insurer which gave me some confidence in the firm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

https://www.shipinforsure.com/terms-conditions.php

Price mainly. Infosure 0.25% Secursus 0.6% - once set up Infosure in us dollar is easy to use and bill to Starling / Revolut account for either removes costly x-rates. Same for Secursus as priced in euro (which is tanking a bit at the moment).

They are completely different companies - IFS is US based company; Secursus is EU based. I find IFS costs less but you need to register an account - though Jerome will assist with that - you don't need to be a business - extremely easy to use. Secursus is 0.6% of value of item.

As above IFS has conditions on the size of outer box and check complete T&C - I was aware, but thanks for the heads up OP!
    Securus also have their T&C for example: proof of value - need proof of value - they accept a "certificate of sale between 2 individuals" if the original invoice is missing - this seems a good idea in any case for high value transactions.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 4th October 2020 at 13:01.

Thanks guys, useful information.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    The current terms and conditions suggest the dimensions stated earlier:

https://www.shipinforsure.com/terms-conditions.php

10.1 All shipments must be double boxed; size of the outer box must be minimal 10" X 1 1/2" X 12" Shipments must be collected by the carrier, dropped off at a carrier location or handed to a driver of the carrier.
    Thanks! Just updated my post - I has an old version from one of their chat agents I guess - the revised size is more reasonable as 15" x 12" is a tad big!

Cost between IFS and secursus was irrelevant to me. After trying multiple methods, I couldn't get a single reply from IFS or its owner and concluded I wouldn't touch them. Emails via their website and to the owner via threads here went unanswered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Cost between IFS and secursus was irrelevant to me. After trying multiple methods, I couldn't get a single reply from IFS or its owner and concluded I wouldn't touch them. Emails via their website and to the owner via threads here went unanswered.
    Try the online chat during US office hours. They are not a 24x7 on the chat so don’t expect a reply in our morning or weekends. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The other condition that is strange is that if it's going abroad you are supposed to put the value of the package for customs which did make me feel a bit uncomfortable and when I asked Jeroen he said he couldn't advise you to lie about the value on customs sheet.
    No minimum internal box size.
    Just minimum external box size
    Last edited by watchlovr; 4th October 2020 at 21:55.

Blog Entries
    Not stating the true value on customs declaration's isn't a condition of transport - it's more like breaking the law.. lots of links on a google search - here is just one: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managi.../td-p/16807994
    NB: invoice payments are best done via Revolut / Starling accounts which avoid heavy x-rate charges.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Not stating the true value on customs declaration's isn't a condition of transport - it's more like breaking the law.. lots of links on a google search - here is just one: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managi.../td-p/16807994
    NB: invoice payments are best done via Revolut / Starling accounts which avoid heavy x-rate charges.
    I thought I read someone say that secursus asked the client not to give a value on the package.
    I wasn't meaning from a point of avoiding VAT as the package where this was an issue was when i was getting a watch sent from Sweden and me insuring it with inforsure.
    The seller was a bit nervous about putting the full value on the sheet even though there were no customs charges to pay.

I thought I read someone say that secursus asked the client not to give a value on the package.
    I wasn't meaning from a point of avoiding VAT as the package where this was an issue was when i was getting a watch sent from Sweden and me insuring it with inforsure.
    The seller was a bit nervous about putting the full value on the sheet even though there were no customs charges to pay.
    This type of discussion is best kept to PM.

If it’s US based insurance, I’ve read about all sorts of issues in the event of a claim. I remember reading that in the event of a claim against US insurance, the insurers always refuse to pay initially and you have to go through legal action to reclaim your money. Never fancied international legal action so have never used a US based insurer. Think you might be paying for peace of mind which actually isn’t there.

Important information for users of IFS (insure for sure) watch insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    If it’s US based insurance, I’ve read about all sorts of issues in the event of a claim. I remember reading that in the event of a claim against US insurance, the insurers always refuse to pay initially and you have to go through legal action to reclaim your money. Never fancied international legal action so have never used a US based insurer. Think you might be paying for peace of mind which actually isn’t there.
    Might have been but not now!

Why? Nothing dodgy here.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 5th October 2020 at 07:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Might have been but not now!
    Thats good to know then...the proof with value of insurance is when someone has to make a claim!

Master
    Why?

Why?
    Because, falsifying a customs form is illegal.
    A company advising someone to do so would be breaking the law.
    This is an open forum.

This is an open forum.
    Why would you need one in the EU (Sweden)?

Master
    This is an open forum.
    Maybe someone having used Secursus can confirm their policy.
    I’m sure they wouldn’t ask to falsify a customs document but may not want value open to view on a shipping label

Maybe someone having used Secursus can confirm their policy.
    I’m sure they wouldn’t ask to falsify a customs document but may not want value open to view on a shipping label
    From their own site:

Parcel discretion

Nothing on the package or label must give away the nature or value of your item.

Beware of wordings which might express inadvertent reference to valuable goods. Obvious words that directly relate to valuables are strictly prohibited.

Never reveal the content of your shipment, even to the carrier (unless required by customs for export).

The customs invoice must be placed underneath the shipping label. Finally, remember to provide the full address and phone number of the recipient as well as the return address.

Source: https://www.secursus.com/prepare-your-package.php