closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two new limited edition 55th anni Seiko divers.

I love everything about the SLA017 and in my opinion it is one of the most attractive watches ever made. I was very close to purchasing the SLA043 but just wasn't sure on the seconds hand, I guess you either love or not it.

If I can get hold of the Seiko Beams I would be very happy indeed.

https://hypebeast.com/2020/10/seiko-...eation-release

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I love everything about the SLA017 and in my opinion it is one of the most attractive watches ever made. I was very close to purchasing the SLA043 but just wasn't sure on the seconds hand, I guess you either love or not it.

If I can get hold of the Seiko Beams I would be very happy indeed.

https://hypebeast.com/2020/10/seiko-...eation-release
    Yeah. I’d be picking one of these Beams versions up if it was accessible here. But with VAT on top forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Yeah. I’d be picking one of these Beams versions up if it was accessible here. But with VAT on top forget it.

Not to worry, there'll be another L.E. along in a minute. My bet is for a green one next, but perhaps we should have a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post

If one becomes available pre-owned in the UK I will serious consider it although I expect it wont be cheap!

SLA043 just arrived. It is beautiful and different enough from the SLA037 that if you are a complete nerd like me it warrants having both.

For me it needs to be on the blue strap also in the box and not the black it comes on. This helps it really 'pop'.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    SLA043 just arrived. It is beautiful and different enough from the SLA037 that if you are a complete nerd like me it warrants having both.

For me it needs to be on the blue strap also in the box and not the black it comes on. This helps it really 'pop'.

Wow, that does pop on the blue strap Ryan. I haven't even taken mine out of the box, I think it's my unconscious bias towards black dialled divers and black rubber dive straps but this could definitely be the new summer combo for me.

Interested to hear your thoughts on whether you prefer the brushed case to the polish on the SLA037?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Very nice Ryan, is the waffle strap made out of the sort of material as the tropic on the 037?

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Very nice Ryan, is the waffle strap made out of the sort of material as the tropic on the 037?
    Nope it is more like what the SLA017 strap was made out of but without being a lint magnet. Much more bendy. The strap on the SLA037 is IMHO better - on par with what I had on my JLC Polaris date as the best rubber strap I've owned

Quote Originally Posted by woodruffm View Post
    Wow, that does pop on the blu e strap Ryan. I haven't even taken mine out of the box, I think it's my unconscious bias towards black dialled divers and black rubber dive straps but this could definitely be the new summer combo for me.

Interested to hear your thoughts on whether you prefer the brushed case to the polish on the SLA037?
    It is interesting as I don't notice much difference between the cases. The SLA037 was polished at the side. I think the SLA037 looks a bit more tool-like - in reality the dial is a greyish blue whereas the 043 is a deeper blue. The 043 is a dressier diver. They are both awesome. That bring said the SLA043 feels thinner on the wrist. Both have domed crystals so i don't think the aim is to be svelte however the SLA043 is thinner if that's your thing.

I feel both SLA043 and SLA037 are built to a higher specification than the SLA017. The everbright steel is a whiter hue, the bezel action feels much more precise compared to the SLA017 and I feel the hand and indice finishing is better.

Between the SLA037 and 043 the difference is the hi beat movement in the 037 and the strap on the 037 is wonderful, it is nicer than that on the 037. I really REALLY like the dial on the 043 - the colour scheme is great BUT we are in the wrong season for it - I know it is an 'arctic diver' but it screams 'summer watch'!
    Last edited by ryanb741; 10th November 2020 at 20:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Of course you can ask! It's actually grey -"Ston" on their website. https://www.crownandbuckle.com/chevr...ble-stone.html
    Great call on the Chevron straps, especially for the 017 which has 19mm lugs so choice is limited. I went for three different colours and all look good IMHO. Very comfortable too.

Master
    Just put my 037 onto a blue sailcloth from Watch Bandit.. Its a good match for the dial colour but a bit stiff from new.. Got a couple coming from Crown & Buckle but just had a note from the Post Office saying I have to pay them £18 in tax + fees...

Master
    I got stung for £22 for my C&B order. Nice quality straps though.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkes View Post
    I really wanted to like it, but two (well three!) things sunk it:

1. As above, the indices really aren't up to scratch either compared to the original or to the other monobloc repros which have them machined and applied (e.g. SLA039)
    2. It's wears very big 'n' wobbly given the height and L-L. I had SPB147 out the case for comparison which wears /much/ smaller despite being nominally larger diameter.
    3. People can argue about the price vs other brands as they wish, but spend £4k on a GS from the same shop and you're getting a watch in a different league. I nearly walked-out *with a SBGR289 which felt like twice the watch at 3/4 the price, but for it wearing... big and wobbly due to the height.

*metaphorically; you'd be a damn-fule to buy any of these at retail.
    So a SPB143 and SPB151 just landed (may keep both/either/neither as I got a cracking discount on the pair).

What's odd is measuring the thickness and L-L makes me think either the quoted dimensions for the SLA017/43 are wrong or I was hallucinating. The dimensions I measured with the ol' Mitutoyas were exactly as this review quotes:
    https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...ation.5237046/
    Namely
    Case Diameter – 40.5mm
    Bezel Diameter – 40mm
    Lug to Lug Length – 47.6mm (OK I measured 47.7 here)
    Total Height (bottom of caseback to top of crystal) –13.9 mm

I hate putting misinformation on the internet (as there's so much of it about ;-)) but I may have been guilty of such. Do any newly minted SLA043/17 owners possess a pair of callipers to put me out of my misery?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkes View Post
    So a SPB143 and SPB151 just landed (may keep both/either/neither as I got a cracking discount on the pair).

What's odd is measuring the thickness and L-L makes me think either the quoted dimensions for the SLA017/43 are wrong or I was hallucinating. The dimensions I measured with the ol' Mitutoyas were exactly as this review quotes:
    https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/b...ation.5237046/
    Namely
    Case Diameter – 40.5mm
    Bezel Diameter – 40mm
    Lug to Lug Length – 47.6mm (OK I measured 47.7 here)
    Total Height (bottom of caseback to top of crystal) –13.9 mm

I hate putting misinformation on the internet (as there's so much of it about ;-)) but I may have been guilty of such. Do any newly minted SLA043/17 owners possess a pair of callipers to put me out of my misery?
    I've got a pair, I'll have a measure up and post once I manage to tear myself away from the golf.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk