closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hooded walking/ cycling jacket - recommendations

Hooded walking/ cycling jacket - recommendations

I am looking for something hooded that can be worn both cycling and walking. It also has to be relatively long as I need it to keep me dry when waiting around.

Any recommendations? Also the cycling will be very causal and short distances, so relative breathe-ability is not an issue.

thanks

I’m not sure I’d ever want to wear a hood when cycling; the combination of adding blind spots together with impaired hearing doesn’t strike me as a good idea. I’ll admit I’m more of a hat person but the advice still stands - the only time I’ve willingly worn a hood since I was a teenage boy was on an arctic smock and that was just so that I could sleep in the back of a four tonner.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I’m not sure I’d ever want to wear a hood when cycling; the combination of adding blind spots together with impaired hearing doesn’t strike me as a good idea. I’ll admit I’m more of a hat person but the advice still stands - the only time I’ve willingly worn a hood since I was a teenage boy was on an arctic smock and that was just so that I could sleep in the back of a four tonner.
    A well designed hood allows you to wear your helmet while avoiding water ingress down you neck. Said helmet also helps maintaining hood back so as not to impair your field of view.

That said, even for casual cycling -even for wearing standing still under a downpour- breathable means you stay dry from rain and from condensation
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bit of a open brief but I have one of these which is very good.

Put zips are a good feature.

https://www.ellis-brigham.com/the-no...RoCYa0QAvD_BwE

Master
    There's no such thing as waterproof and breathable cycling clothing. Waterproof is no good as you will sweat too much. Breathable and windproof is better. Being wet but warm is the best outcome. The Gore Windtex fabric or whatever it's called is good. It will keep you dry for a decent amount of time without being like wearing a bin bag.

thanks, will look around. I do like that North face one, but need to make sure the arms are long enough.

Master
    Rapha commuter jacket would fit the bill:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens...uct/CJK01XXBMG