closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Ok, not on the wrist shot but this will give you a bit of an idea mate;

Left to right......AP Diver 42mm/Rolex DSSD "James Cameron" 44mm and AP ROO Chrono 43mm.

Broadly speaking, they will wear about the same as a Rolex SD43 but the SD4000 certainly wears smaller than all of the watches mentioned here.....
    That's a fine set of divers.
    I didn't bond with my JC. The hight was the main issue. I'm really guna have to try on a few. Good excuse for a London trip me thinks.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Ok, not on the wrist shot but this will give you a bit of an idea mate;

Left to right......AP Diver 42mm/Rolex DSSD "James Cameron" 44mm and AP ROO Chrono 43mm.

Broadly speaking, they will wear about the same as a Rolex SD43 but the SD4000 certainly wears smaller than all of the watches mentioned here.....
    I am on the list for the taupe 43mm with AP house and they suggested around a 6 months wait, which didnít sound as bad as I had feared. They are rumoured to increase prices imminently though, so I suspect it will be around £38k in a few weeks.

I love the piece when trying it on last week, the dial is mesmerising. It did seem quite large though and I have a SD 43, so Iím interested you think they wear similarly. Iím pleased if that is the case but I want wearing that when I tried the other day. Do you have any wrist shots of the SD for comparison?

I also loved the textured rubber straps on the green 42mm offshore so I hope they become available for the 43mm in time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    I am on the list for the taupe 43mm with AP house and they suggested around a 6 months wait, which didnít sound as bad as I had feared. They are rumoured to increase prices imminently though, so I suspect it will be around £38k in a few weeks.

I love the piece when trying it on last week, the dial is mesmerising. It did seem quite large though and I have a SD 43, so Iím interested you think they wear similarly. Iím pleased if that is the case but I want wearing that when I tried the other day. Do you have any wrist shots of the SD for comparison?

I also loved the textured rubber straps on the green 42mm offshore so I hope they become available for the 43mm in time!
    All the prices have been pulled from the AP website so thereís a good chance youíre right about the increase.

Iím biased but the taupe is a fantastic watch.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post

Of the new 43mm ROOís the Taupe is far and away the most popular version. Based on my understanding anything less than 12 months would be a huge result. And as yet no price increase as theyíve all reappeared back online after a number of references were moved into the legacy section.

Iíll dig out some pics when Iíve a moment but if youíre ok with a SD43 a ROO 43 will honestly be fine.

Iím adding a Green 42 Offshore Diver next year and as you say the straps on those are nice and Iíll add the calfskin option to the 2 standard textured rubber straps it comes with in Green and Black.

Master
    AP have now officially launched the 15500 Royal Oak replacement with the 15510. Link below. So far there’s only two colours on their site, grey and silver dial, though I believe the blue, black and new green will be there soon. The ‘AP’ has been removed and the batons are clearly longer.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.03.html

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.05.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    AP have now officially launched the 15500 Royal Oak replacement with the 15510. Link below. So far thereís only two colours on their site, grey and silver dial, though I believe the blue, black and new green will be there soon. The ĎAPí has been removed and the batons are clearly longer.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.03.html

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.05.html

They look great!

Craftsman
    50m wr... Just why just why In 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    50m wr... Just why just why In 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would respectfully suggest that 50m is just fine given that 99% of owners wouldn't ever use a 15510 as a dive watch...

Their incremental changes are smaller than Rolex! Damn

Grand Master
    Would respectfully suggest that 50m is just fine given that 99% of owners wouldn't ever use a 15510 as a dive watch...
    +1, lots of stupid comments get made regarding WR, it's something that people don't really grasp, they get hung up on the fact that watches with bigger numbers are out there and consequently see 50 as a small number.

What matters is whether the watch will keep water out whilst being subjected to the rigours the owner subjects it to, it isn`t like buying tyres with more tread on them. High WR is achieved by a thicker case that doesn`t distort, unless you're subjecting it to serious pressure a 50M rated watch will be fine.

Regardless of rating, once the seals have deteriorated or been damaged all bets are off!