closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Ok, not on the wrist shot but this will give you a bit of an idea mate;

Left to right......AP Diver 42mm/Rolex DSSD "James Cameron" 44mm and AP ROO Chrono 43mm.

Broadly speaking, they will wear about the same as a Rolex SD43 but the SD4000 certainly wears smaller than all of the watches mentioned here.....
    That's a fine set of divers.
    I didn't bond with my JC. The hight was the main issue. I'm really guna have to try on a few. Good excuse for a London trip me thinks.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

Ok, not on the wrist shot but this will give you a bit of an idea mate;

Left to right......AP Diver 42mm/Rolex DSSD "James Cameron" 44mm and AP ROO Chrono 43mm.

Broadly speaking, they will wear about the same as a Rolex SD43 but the SD4000 certainly wears smaller than all of the watches mentioned here.....
    I am on the list for the taupe 43mm with AP house and they suggested around a 6 months wait, which didn’t sound as bad as I had feared. They are rumoured to increase prices imminently though, so I suspect it will be around £38k in a few weeks.

I love the piece when trying it on last week, the dial is mesmerising. It did seem quite large though and I have a SD 43, so I’m interested you think they wear similarly. I’m pleased if that is the case but I want wearing that when I tried the other day. Do you have any wrist shots of the SD for comparison?

I also loved the textured rubber straps on the green 42mm offshore so I hope they become available for the 43mm in time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    I am on the list for the taupe 43mm with AP house and they suggested around a 6 months wait, which didn’t sound as bad as I had feared. They are rumoured to increase prices imminently though, so I suspect it will be around £38k in a few weeks.

I love the piece when trying it on last week, the dial is mesmerising. It did seem quite large though and I have a SD 43, so I’m interested you think they wear similarly. I’m pleased if that is the case but I want wearing that when I tried the other day. Do you have any wrist shots of the SD for comparison?

I also loved the textured rubber straps on the green 42mm offshore so I hope they become available for the 43mm in time!
    All the prices have been pulled from the AP website so there’s a good chance you’re right about the increase.

I’m biased but the taupe is a fantastic watch.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post

Of the new 43mm ROO’s the Taupe is far and away the most popular version. Based on my understanding anything less than 12 months would be a huge result. And as yet no price increase as they’ve all reappeared back online after a number of references were moved into the legacy section.

I’ll dig out some pics when I’ve a moment but if you’re ok with a SD43 a ROO 43 will honestly be fine.

I’m adding a Green 42 Offshore Diver next year and as you say the straps on those are nice and I’ll add the calfskin option to the 2 standard textured rubber straps it comes with in Green and Black.

Master
    AP have now officially launched the 15500 Royal Oak replacement with the 15510. Link below. So far there’s only two colours on their site, grey and silver dial, though I believe the blue, black and new green will be there soon. The ‘AP’ has been removed and the batons are clearly longer.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.03.html

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.05.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    AP have now officially launched the 15500 Royal Oak replacement with the 15510. Link below. So far there’s only two colours on their site, grey and silver dial, though I believe the blue, black and new green will be there soon. The ‘AP’ has been removed and the batons are clearly longer.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.03.html

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1320ST.05.html

They look great!

Craftsman
    50m wr... Just why just why In 2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    50m wr... Just why just why In 2022

Would respectfully suggest that 50m is just fine given that 99% of owners wouldn't ever use a 15510 as a dive watch...

Their incremental changes are smaller than Rolex! Damn

Grand Master
    Would respectfully suggest that 50m is just fine given that 99% of owners wouldn't ever use a 15510 as a dive watch...
    +1, lots of stupid comments get made regarding WR, it's something that people don't really grasp, they get hung up on the fact that watches with bigger numbers are out there and consequently see 50 as a small number.

What matters is whether the watch will keep water out whilst being subjected to the rigours the owner subjects it to, it isn`t like buying tyres with more tread on them. High WR is achieved by a thicker case that doesn`t distort, unless you're subjecting it to serious pressure a 50M rated watch will be fine.

Regardless of rating, once the seals have deteriorated or been damaged all bets are off!

Cool

Next raft of 50th Anniversary releases are out today from AP.

Predominently in the Royal Oak 15510 range which will, in time, replace the 15500 RO range. Some beautiful new dial colours and especially so in precious metal versions.

Good to hear they're out. Congrats to anyone here getting the call.

Shame to see the guy who allegedly turns up to board meetings in cycling shorts is trying ruin them on the way out.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the new music editions are FAB.

Audemars Piguet Thread

I do like the AP logo, I'll give it that.

Master
    Next raft of 50th Anniversary releases are out today from AP.

Predominently in the Royal Oak 15510 range which will, in time, replace the 15500 RO range. Some beautiful new dial colours and especially so in precious metal versions.
    Some great watches released today. Some of the recent precious metal versions are stunning.

Master
    Picked this up today, this watch is truly stunning and I’ve been after a blue dial for years. Even though I knew a while back I was getting one, to get confirmation I was ‘actually’ getting it was a very very nice surprise.

I’ve shown it against my 15500. The 15510 hasn’t got the ‘AP’ on the dial, it has longer markers, so I think it might have looked a little too busy to have kept it.

Last edited by Devonian; 14th July 2022 at 21:34.

Blog Entries
    Picked this up today, this watch is truly stunning and I’ve been after a blue dial for years. Even though I knew a while back I was getting one, to get confirmation I was ‘actually’ getting it was a very very nice surprise.

I’ve shown it against my 15500. The 15510 hasn’t got the ‘AP’ on the dial, it has longer markers, so I think it might have looked a little too busy to have kept it.

I am just a little jealous, just a little…. Well done
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 14th July 2022 at 22:23.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

That is exceptional, truly stunning. I am massively envious!

Craftsman

That is exquisite. Incremental improvements to an already beautiful design.

Craftsman
    Congratulations.

I do prefer the 15500. And in blue it is especially stunning.

Congratulations Stephen.
    Never owned or worn an AP, but that would certainly be one that I would like.
    That suits your wrist perfectly.
    First photo shows it in all its glory :-)

Awesome! The 15510 is such a huge improvement vs the 15500 - the dial no longer looks like a dinner plate and the whole thing is wonderfully refined. That'd be a 'one and done' watch for me - congratualtions!

But, but, how?

It is lovely and I’m jealous of course as I would consolidate a lot of my collection to own one of these.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Awesome! The 15510 is such a huge improvement vs the 15500 - the dial no longer looks like a dinner plate and the whole thing is wonderfully refined. That'd be a 'one and done' watch for me - congratualtions!

Wore my "dinner plate" out for dinner in the sun last night.....

The 15510 is a lovely refinement of the 15500 with a number of very small, but key, differences between them. Both are wonderful and there really isn't a wrong decision.....and especially so in this 50th Anniversary year for the Royal Oak.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Congratulations Stephen.
    Never owned or worn an AP, but that would certainly be one that I would like.
    That suits your wrist perfectly.
    First photo shows it in all its glory :-)
    Tony anytime you’re over this way, let me know and you can try it out :-)

Master
    The irony is at their harrods boutique there is t a single RO on display. On their Sloane Square boutique there is a sign saying you need an appointment to come into the store! What’s the point of it being their flagship store ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    The irony is at their harrods boutique there is t a single RO on display. On their Sloane Square boutique there is a sign saying you need an appointment to come into the store! What’s the point of it being their flagship store ?
    its been like that for a couple of years. Can’t think why….

local ADs here in Portugal have no AP at all and a long wait list so nothing to offer.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 15th July 2022 at 17:17.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I agree but like Martyn said, it’s been like it for a couple of years. No difference with Rolex, they have had a couple of years of empty shelves up until recently when they started putting ‘not for sale’ models in the window.

FWIW AP only make around 45,000 watches a year and in 2020 only made 38,000 I believe, so as well as playing catch up, their market is relatively small anyway. My understanding is they are increasing production but it won’t fill the gap.

I realise it’s not easy getting an appointment as they are so busy, but AP House do carry demo models in there for people to see. I’ve seen half a dozen or so on visits. Yesterday I was hoping to see the new limited edition music ones (John Meyer has one) but they weren’t available.

I keep coming back to these pics. The proportions are to my eye just perfect. I've not been a huge fan of the RO but this version is just utterly perfect, it is visually clean whilst maintaining complexity of the tapisserie and of course the case. I think this is now my favourite SS Sports watch bar none.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I keep coming back to these pics. The proportions are to my eye just perfect. I've not been a huge fan of the RO but this version is just utterly perfect, it is visually clean whilst maintaining complexity of the tapisserie and of course the case. I think this is now my favourite SS Sports watch bar none.
    Thanks Ryan, I’m totally taken with it. It really looks stunning on the wrist. The bracelet is more tapered so fits my wrist perfectly.

Master
    Congrats Devonian, that looks stunning.
    I wasn't sure about the changes when I heard about them, but seeing both models next to each other - the new one looks better in my eyes. The longer hour markers make a huge difference.
    Well done on obtaining one of the unobtainables.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Congrats Devonian, that looks stunning.
    I wasn't sure about the changes when I heard about them, but seeing both models next to each other - the new one looks better in my eyes. The longer hour markers make a huge difference.
    Well done on obtaining one of the unobtainables.
    Thanks Boss :-)

The watch is perfect to me and a keeper for sure. It’s as nice a watch as any I’ve owned or tried on - maybe the new blue dial chrono would give it a run for the money, as I’ve always been a chrono fan and that felt amazing when I tried that on.

I think being new its bound to get a lot of plaudits over the 15500, however that is still a great watch and either are equally as nice in different ways.

I think being new its bound to get a lot of plaudits over the 15500, however that is still a great watch and either are equally as nice in different ways.
    Very true. I would take either and wouldn't feel peeved. Both absolutely fantastic watches which are dreams for most.

Neither of those AP outlets are their “flagship store” as you put it. AP are an appointment only and relationship brand, like it or lump it!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Shame to see the guy who allegedly turns up to board meetings in cycling shorts is trying ruin them on the way out.

I really like these, reminds me of my earlier life and they're quite fun yet stylish at the same time. Sadly I'm also aware that not being a regular AP owner means that my chance of being able to purchase one from new will be nil.

Master
    Unfortunately have to lump it :)

Neither of those AP outlets are their “flagship store” as you put it. AP are an appointment only and relationship brand, like it or lump it!

You are not worthy mate :). This is a higher society relationship brand now

Master
    Hahahah quite possible :D

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Great quote!

I remember growing up in what was considered at the time, a working class family, that one day if I work hard enough and save a bit I might be able to afford the watch of my dreams. Don't you just hate it when they move the goal posts! :-)

Master
    FYI if anyone is interested, I’ve noticed how much lighter the new one feels so I weighed them:

15500 168 grams
    15510 154 grams

Question;

I am now registered for an AP Royal Oak offshore diver 26420 with WOS.

I went in to WOS to enquire about a steel Royal Oak Chronograph but was told I couldn’t register for one of those and had to buy a Royal Oak offshore diver FIRST before I could then register for the higher tiered APs. Is this normal behaviour from WOS? I have a fairly good buying history with WOS in Rolex. Anyone been in a similar situation to me and have any buying experience and timescales etc?

Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Question;

I went in to WOS to enquire about a steel Royal Oak Chronograph but was told I couldn’t register for one of those and had to buy a Royal Oak offshore diver FIRST before I could then register for the higher tiered APs. Is this normal behaviour from WOS? I have a fairly good buying history with WOS in Rolex. Anyone been in a similar situation to me and have any buying experience and timescales etc?

Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess any company can set their own rules for getting watches allocated - take PP for example.

The two issues you have over that - almost any AP is hard to get full stop right now. WOS are apparently losing AP this year so will they even get much in the way of allocation?

I guess any company can set their own rules for getting watches allocated - take PP for example.

The two issues you have over that - almost any AP is hard to get full stop right now. WOS are apparently losing AP this year so will they even get much in the way of allocation?
    Ah right. I didn’t know that. There was me feeling hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Question;

Thanks.

The 26420Ti is the ROO 43, not a Diver reference. Unless you’re a WoS Group VIP customer (they have 3 levels according to spend) I don’t think you’ll see much AP product coming to them for the rest of this year for the exact reason Devonian mentioned. AP moving forward are only available from AP owned sites.

Opinions sought

Right have a 15300 and adore it have tried to get a ROC 26315 now 26715 from boutique but demand still massively outstrips supply.

So for now thinking of venturing into Royal Oak Offshore (26470) with sapphire caseback and pin buckle / ceramic pushers.

I have a 7 inch wrist no problem with FXD MN will a ROO drown me ?

Love the Safari 2

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Opinions sought

Right have a 15300 and adore it have tried to get a ROC 26315 now 26715 from boutique but demand still massively outstrips supply.

So for now thinking of venturing into Royal Oak Offshore (26470) with sapphire caseback and pin buckle / ceramic pushers.

I have a 7 inch wrist no problem with FXD MN will a ROO drown me ?

Love the Safari 2
    Should be fine particular if you have a ‘flat’ top of the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    Should be fine particular if you have a ‘flat’ top of the wrist
    Thanks JP - and yes I do have flat top ---- Speedy no problem also Skydweller which is quite a lump works fine for me

right the search begins

Thanks
    Tim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Thanks JP - and yes I do have flat top ---- Speedy no problem also Skydweller which is quite a lump works fine for me

right the search begins

Thanks
    Tim
    If you can stretch to it, RG is the way to go ! Looks great. Otherwise Ti are good for less weight. Btw you can likely pull off the ROO 44’s and certainly the new 43’s. could be worth a look/try on.
    Last edited by JP28; 25th July 2022 at 21:52.

Just arrived in Hong Kong spending 7 days hotel quarantine with the 1545020220726_232759.jpg

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

At least you have something to stare at if there's nothing on the TV. Beautiful.