closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Master
    Back in the fold after a few years since my last 15710.
    Just got to wait a few weeks before i can put it on the dark blue rubber.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    If you can stretch to it, RG is the way to go ! Looks great. Otherwise Ti are good for less weight. Btw you can likely pull off the ROO 44’s and certainly the new 43’s. could be worth a look/try on.

I concur on the ROO43. Very comfortable and a great all rounder for wearing down at the pub!

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post

Are you getting the OEM Blue rubber strap for your Diver?

I had the following Rubber B "Swinskin" in White strap on my Diver with the same dial as yours as I found the standard Black a bit dull;

https://rubberb.com/en/rubber-strap-...cted-color=138

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Are you getting the OEM Blue rubber strap for your Diver?

I had the following Rubber B "Swinskin" in White strap on my Diver with the same dial as yours as I found the standard Black a bit dull;

https://rubberb.com/en/rubber-strap-...cted-color=138
    Hi Gareth
    Yes getting the OEM Blue which was part of the deal to buy the watch. Its on OEM white now which i quite like though i can see the novelty wearing off!
    My last 15710 had the Black strap/Black accents which looked ok but i think the Blue will be a bit more interesting.
    i'll take a look at the rubberB's thanks.
    Ive hopefully an appointment to be confirmed at the Boutique in Sloan St however the SA has already said there maybe nothing to try on!

Even so im hoping to get on the list for the Gulf coloured ROO or a Royal Oak of some iteration but not holding my breath.

Regards
    Craig

As an aside the Diver and ROO readily available in Bangkok. The green diver at least in Gaysorn Plaza AP House Boutique.

Need a Boutique appointment though and easier if you get a Thai national to buy for you as they are all about 'building relationships' innit.

Royal Oak no such luck however.

Looks fab Craig blue will work very nicely with it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    As an aside the Diver and ROO readily available in Bangkok. The green diver at least in Gaysorn Plaza AP House Boutique.

Need a Boutique appointment though and easier if you get a Thai national to buy for you as they are all about 'building relationships' innit.

Royal Oak no such luck however.

Just out of interest, which New Diver and ROO model did they offer you to buy on the day?

Just out of interest, which New Diver and ROO model did they offer you to buy on the day?
    I'm not a Thai national but it was clear they had the green diver available with the right contacts (which we have via the missus ). I'd gone in with the aim of getting the RO Devonian just bought as that has blown me away and if need be use some heavyweight Thai contacts to push that through but it was made clear there was absolutely zero chance on any of the Royal Oaks, let alone Devonian's one which they'd not even had one in the whole country yet. Zero chance even if the King of Thailand himself was asking.

However that green diver was doable and available and I could have gotten it (usibg aforementioned contacts) but it isn't my cup of tea and was over £22k anyway (not factoring UK VAT).

Not a fan of the ROO so didn't push that further.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm not a Thai national but it was clear they had the green diver available with the right contacts (which we have via the missus ). I'd gone in with the aim of getting the RO Devonian just bought as that has blown me away and if need be use some heavyweight Thai contacts to push that through but it was made clear there was absolutely zero chance on any of the Royal Oaks, let alone Devonian's one which they'd not even had one in the whole country yet. Zero chance even if the King of Thailand himself was asking.

However that green diver was doable and available and I could have gotten it (usibg aforementioned contacts) but it isn't my cup of tea and was over £22k anyway (not factoring UK VAT).

Not a fan of the ROO so didn't push that further.
    Ryan I’m still totally blown away by my new RO. It really is the perfect watch. I’m even more amazed that I actually got one full stop and so quickly. I’m sure they are out there but I’m yet to see another 41mm blue (or green) on any watch forum or Facebook page anywhere in the world. That’s two weeks on now. Chrono 24 is the only place you can see them!

It’s more amazing that I’m literally nothing in the grand scheme of AP - less than 2 years since I bought my 1st one, no contacts and not spending serious money. When I’ve been in there, on the next table there’s been world champion boxers and I’m thinking I’ll never get a call, ever . . . But I did. AP have been brilliant to deal with and that’s not easy, knowing how inundated they are and can’t satisfy demand. Or anywhere near it. All I can say is I’m fairly sure they know I’m genuinely into my watches and have no interest in values.

Talking of values the cheapest green diver is at least 10k over RRP. Crazy times. When I tried it on I could have easily bought it. Zero chance of that now. Long waitlist in the U.K.

Master
    Seem to have the AP bug.
    Was worried the 44mm would be too big as used to 40mm max but this wears lovely even though photos seem to magnify it.

Cool

Seem to have the AP bug.
    Was worried the 44mm would be too big as used to 40mm max but this wears lovely even though photos seem to magnify it.

Good work Craig, looks great on your wrist. Enjoy

Master
    I joined the back of a so called waiting list for a RO about 6 months ago at the London boutique, gave a good account of myself during the interview, I think, anybody have recent experience of buying it as a recent new customer? Is it realistic?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I joined the back of a so called waiting list for a RO about 6 months ago at the London boutique, gave a good account of myself during the interview, I think, anybody have recent experience of buying it as a recent new customer? Is it realistic?
    Is that the Sloane Street boutique?

As to your question, it’s not something anyone here can say for definite. All I can say is there are quite a few people on this forum that have been waiting a lot longer than 6 months. Multiple that across the country and you are talking a long list. Plus even codes are harder to get now.

That said if you gave a good account of yourself, then why not. I was lucky to get my first AP, but I did, so why shouldn’t you. Keep in touch with them and hopefully things will work out. AP do seem to have a broad mix of clients so anything is possible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Is that the Sloane Street boutique?

As to your question, it’s not something anyone here can say for definite. All I can say is there are quite a few people on this forum that have been waiting a lot longer than 6 months. Multiple that across the country and you are talking a long list. Plus even codes are harder to get now.

That said if you gave a good account of yourself, then why not. I was lucky to get my first AP, but I did, so why shouldn’t you. Keep in touch with them and hopefully things will work out. AP do seem to have a broad mix of clients so anything is possible.
    I tried for the Bond St one

I tried for the Bond St one
    These days getting any steel RO as a first AP Boutique purchase is a very, very big ask and as Devonian said I also know many people (likely 10-15) still waiting for that call after multiple year wait for a RO in Steel as that elusive first new AP. It’s the only watch reference that AP staff cannot buy either which tells you how hard it’ll be to get allocated one…

As you’re dealing with AP House already I’d be possibly asking what’s a more realistic first purchase to start off with…..maybe a ROO ahead of the 30th Anniversary in 2023?

Or you “might” just get really lucky! Best of luck 🤞

Master

Solid lineup there. You must be down for a RO chrono next? Maybe on a rubber strap to mix it up a bit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Solid lineup there. You must be down for a RO chrono next? Maybe on a rubber strap to mix it up a bit.
    Cheers :-)

When I got the silver dial (which was purely a fluke due to lockdown) I also had the choice of the panda chrono at the same time - hard to believe that in September 2020 both of them were sitting at AP House and available to a new customer. Bizarrely I actually preferred the chrono because a) I’ve always preferred a chrono look and b) even though they are both 41mm, the chrono wears bigger, but decided against it because it was an older model with a solid back case. So my head overruled my heart!

In hindsight and having now got the blue dial I’d have chosen the chrono, but you make the choice that’s right at the time and I love the silver dial a lot anyway.

So in a long winded answer to your question, yes a chrono next if I can get one. Blue or green dial would be my choice, if at all possible. Financially too much of a stretch right now, but I’d love the blue or green rose gold on leather. I tried the green chrono and wow it was incredible. I suspect it will be at least a year before my phone rings. Probably two, but thaTs good with me.

I know you were after something a while back, a RO I seem to recall, any closer?

A green stainless chrono would be incredible and go well on a rubber strap if you ever wanted to.

I am down for a silver RO 3 hander and the same offshore as you but doubt my phone will actually ring.

I was offered a Ti offshore recently by AP but it wasn't anything I was on the list for and wasn't something I was interested in. Even at the best of times I don't think I could stomach a £33k relationship purchase.

Back in 2020 I got a SD43, D-Blue and Sub ND41 in under 6 months. Looking back I could have asked for something spicy. Or I could have done what mate did and went to AP House. Hindsight!

Master
    No I don’t think I could stomach that sort of ‘relationship’ purchase either. I got lucky with Rolex as when I started buying nearly all of them were readily available - got my 116500 at launch with very small previous history.

AP again right time right place. I can only talk from personal experience, but stick with AP House. I know they only get a certain amount of allocation but if they know you’re genuinely into your watches and you keep in contact, I think you’ll get one. My experience has only been excellent with them and they’ve treated me extremely well considering they are dealing with world champion boxers, rappers etc and a local yokel from Devon :-)

They are a good team in there and very hospitable. I think I've missed the boat but depending on the economy in the next 18-24 months a new boat might pop up and I'll try board that.

A green stainless chrono would be incredible and go well on a rubber strap if you ever wanted to.

I am down for a silver RO 3 hander and the same offshore as you but doubt my phone will actually ring.

I was offered a Ti offshore recently by AP but it wasn't anything I was on the list for and wasn't something I was interested in. Even at the best of times I don't think I could stomach a £33k relationship purchase.

Back in 2020 I got a SD43, D-Blue and Sub ND41 in under 6 months. Looking back I could have asked for something spicy. Or I could have done what mate did and went to AP House. Hindsight!
    Any Green dial Royal Oak (Steel or Rose Gold) is pretty much impossible in this 50th RO Anniversary year as they were all allocated in April at launch time. I also just missed out on one so am waiting for something else later this year for my AP collection.

As Devonian rightly said he was rather fortunate to get his Silver dial 15500 as a first purchase from AP House in 2020 and since then it's not really a repeatable first purchase from them unless you get very, very lucky. Same for them AP ROO 43 Taupe which is far and away the most popular of the ROO's and, again, are all allocated for 2022 so another long wait there. Sorry it's not what you want to hear but with AP it's all about getting a start with the brand in some way and going from there.

A lot will depend on who you are dealing with at AP House too.

However if you can get a purchase history going them it'll be well worth it as they are in a different league to Rolex.

Thanks Gareth, agree and maybe should have bought an AP when it was available back then. I was offered a Ti ROO a few weeks back out of the blue but it wasn't for me. I'll keep playing around with Rolex for now and see what happens over time with AP. Not willing to buy something at that price point which I don't love but equally understand you can't get certain pieces without building a purchase history with them.

Thanks Gareth, agree and maybe should have bought an AP when it was available back then. I was offered a Ti ROO a few weeks back out of the blue but it wasn't for me. I'll keep playing around with Rolex for now and see what happens over time with AP. Not willing to buy something at that price point which I don't love but equally understand you can't get certain pieces without building a purchase history with them.

No worries, and completely get what you're saying here Wileey.

Was it this ROO 43 you were offered?

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A027CA.01.html

If so that's a really lovely piece and one I've tried on before.....but fully understand if at £33,000 to get an "in" it was unpalatable for you! To be fair you did well to get offered that ROO as allocations of everything are so few.

Just out of interest, is there anything else from AP that would work for you that isn't a 15500 or 15510 3 hander?

Cheers :-)

When I got the silver dial (which was purely a fluke due to lockdown) I also had the choice of the panda chrono at the same time - hard to believe that in September 2020 both of them were sitting at AP House and available to a new customer. Bizarrely I actually preferred the chrono because a) I’ve always preferred a chrono look and b) even though they are both 41mm, the chrono wears bigger, but decided against it because it was an older model with a solid back case. So my head overruled my heart!

In hindsight and having now got the blue dial I’d have chosen the chrono, but you make the choice that’s right at the time and I love the silver dial a lot anyway.

So in a long winded answer to your question, yes a chrono next if I can get one. Blue or green dial would be my choice, if at all possible. Financially too much of a stretch right now, but I’d love the blue or green rose gold on leather. I tried the green chrono and wow it was incredible. I suspect it will be at least a year before my phone rings. Probably two, but thaTs good with me.

I know you were after something a while back, a RO I seem to recall, any closer?
    I picked this one up from Bloombar watches 7 or 8 years ago. Just over £8.5k, from memory - i'd take another now for that kind of money!

Last edited by learningtofly; 15th August 2022 at 16:52.

No worries, and completely get what you're saying here Wileey.

Was it this ROO 43 you were offered?

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A027CA.01.html

If so that's a really lovely piece and one I've tried on before.....but fully understand if at £33,000 to get an "in" it was unpalatable for you! To be fair you did well to get offered that ROO as allocations of everything are so few.

Just out of interest, is there anything else from AP that would work for you that isn't a 15500 or 15510 3 hander?
    That’s the one, yeah. I know what I’m like and I’ll knock that bezel in no time and cry my eyes out. If it was the other Ti model with the ceramic bezel I might have done it but the red hands weren’t for me.

I’m going to see if I can go try on one of the divers again as even though they have metal bezels they’re a bit more low profile and knocking a £20k watch off a doorframe should in theory hurt less than a £30m watch.

I still really like the 44mm models so I’m keeping an eye on those on the pre owned market. I thought AP would have had their pre owned section up and running by now but they must need a bit more time.

I’m going to see if I can go try on one of the divers again as even though they have metal bezels they’re a bit more low profile and knocking a £20k watch off a doorframe should in theory hurt less than a £30m watch.
    probably. but does depend on how deep one's pockets are

That’s the one, yeah. I know what I’m like and I’ll knock that bezel in no time and cry my eyes out. If it was the other Ti model with the ceramic bezel I might have done it but the red hands weren’t for me.

I still really like the 44mm models so I’m keeping an eye on those on the pre owned market. I thought AP would have had their pre owned section up and running by now but they must need a bit more time.

Not sure which "other Ti" model (ROO?) you're referring to as there isn't another Titanmium ROO and with a Ceramic bezel that I know of? Or did you mean the Blue Ti that I linked to that is all Titanium and not with a Ceramic bezel but has the red tips to the hands??

The Diver 42 (now with the interchangeable strap system like the ROO 43's) is a really lovely watch but I should warn you that they actually "wear" a smidge taller (at 14.2mm) than the 43 ROO (which is 14.4mm) and with a Steel Bezel can be a bit of a scratch magnet but being Steel easier to deal with of course. But at £23,100 is maybe a less challenging financial way into the brand but, again, very much long ish wait pieces in the years, not months I'm afraid.

Not sure which "other Ti" model (ROO?) you're referring to as there isn't another Titanmium ROO and with a Ceramic bezel that I know of? Or did you mean the Blue Ti that I linked to that is all Titanium and not with a Ceramic bezel but has the red tips to the hands??

The Diver 42 (now with the interchangeable strap system like the ROO 43's) is a really lovely watch but I should warn you that they actually "wear" a smidge taller (at 14.2mm) than the 43 ROO (which is 14.4mm) and with a Steel Bezel can be a bit of a scratch magnet but being Steel easier to deal with of course. But at £23,100 is maybe a less challenging financial way into the brand but, again, very much long ish wait pieces in the years, not months I'm afraid.
    This is the other one I mentioned which I’d consider. The bezel being ceramic is quite obvious in the AP picture but in real life it’s very difficult to see and when I first tried it on I thought it was Ti. They also did it in the 44mm previously.

The strap change system is a huge advantage and very appealing, especially when you look at the cost Vs something like £480 for two Oysterflex blades.

I might see if I can get an appointment when I’m off in a few weeks and try them again with fresh eyes but when you’re essentially Sonia from Eastenders trying to get an allocation of Brad Pitt it’s effort for a 99.9% chance of no reward.

Cool

Gotcha.

The newer 43 ROO is lighter than the (older) 44mm designs but that one you linked to in Titanium does have the same ceramic bezel that mine (Steel) also has. The thing is that I just cannot see supply getting any better at all in the next couple of years irrespective of any outside market forces as AP could (and do) easily sell any watch for the UK market hundreds (or thousands) of times over.

Good luck in your quest but maybe lose the Sonia wig?!

P.S. Really don't think you're going to see any used AP's any time soon being sold by AP owned sites.......that "rumour" has been proven to be just that since Tim Masso mentioned it last year...
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 15th August 2022 at 19:15. Reason: added comment

Gotcha.

The newer 43 ROO is lighter than the (older) 44mm designs but that one you linked to in Titanium does have the same ceramic bezel that mine (Steel) also has. The thing is that I just cannot see supply getting any better at all in the next couple of years irrespective of any outside market forces as AP could (and do) easily sell any watch for the UK market hundreds (or thousands) of times over.

Good luck in your quest but maybe lose the Sonia wig?!

P.S. Really don't think you're going to see any used AP's any time soon being sold by AP owned sites.......that "rumour" has been proven to be just that since Tim Masso mentioned it last year...
    You’re probably right re allocation difficulty but I was told about the approved used proposition last year in person at AP House by a member of staff. They said (back then) AP was hoping for March 2021 but nothing was set in stone. Clearly that was missed but sounds like it’s on their mind and hopefully on a roadmap.

Question

You’re probably right re allocation difficulty but I was told about the approved used proposition last year in person at AP House by a member of staff. They said (back then) AP was hoping for March 2021 but nothing was set in stone. Clearly that was missed but sounds like it’s on their mind and hopefully on a roadmap.
    Just out of interest who told you that at AP House?

It’s been well reported since 2021 that AP owned retail sites will not resell any used watches at “market price”, or anything over RRP. AD’s, maybe/yes, AP owned boutiques, nope.

Just out of interest who told you that at AP House?

It’s been well reported since 2021 that AP owned retail sites will not resell any used watches at “market price”, or anything over RRP. AD’s, maybe/yes, AP owned boutiques, nope.
    I can’t say who but it was last summer sat in AP House while trying on marketing pieces and an AP employee who told me.

It would be nice to have a fully trusted place to buy pre owned but equally for AP their clients like a lot of people consolidate to upgrade and buy the new stuff so need a way to offload without getting banned — especially those relationship pieces.

Journeyman
    I heard the same thing from someone at AP house earlier this year. As mentioned already, helps clients sell their APs without getting banned.

Also, the titanium offshore is great. Wears well and is incredibly light.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using TZ-UK mobile app

I’ll have to ask my AP contacts about this (the used reselling of AP in house) tomorrow when I speak to them.

I was fortunate enough to try my friends on and frankly it blew me away. Have no interest in
    Owning more than one but would love a single piece as my grail. Doubt it will happen given the stupid AD games though

Just to follow on from the exchanges yesterday on any official used AP reselling scheme run by AP themselves.

Spoke with one of my main, senior contacts at AP House today and they confirmed exactly what I'd said earlier. It was something that AP looked at from a Worldwide market point of view but that plan has been iced with no plans for it's introduction any time soon and for any territory they operate currently. And for the UK it is even less likely with the quote "Not for the UK market whatsoever" being relayed to me.

IF it was to ever happen it would also not be via any of the present 3 UK sites that new AP's can be purchased from so would, in theory, require new retail sites to service that facility. Again there are no plans of that kind at all for AP is the direct feedback from Senior Management.

Lovely!

Surprised to see watch finder listed as a service centre

I wouldn't trust that bunch of chancers with anything of mine. Definitely not a top tier watch.

Master
    Just to follow on from the exchanges yesterday on any official used AP reselling scheme run by AP themselves.

Spoke with one of my main, senior contacts at AP House today and they confirmed exactly what I'd said earlier. It was something that AP looked at from a Worldwide market point of view but that plan has been iced with no plans for it's introduction any time soon and for any territory they operate currently. And for the UK it is even less likely with the quote "Not for the UK market whatsoever" being relayed to me.

IF it was to ever happen it would also not be via any of the present 3 UK sites that new AP's can be purchased from so would, in theory, require new retail sites to service that facility. Again there are no plans of that kind at all for AP is the direct feedback from Senior Management.
    Thanks for the info.

How lucky we are to have members well connected with AP senior management, hence allowing clarification of AP future plans.

I bet you have also had quite a few PMs from members asking to be boosted up lists via your contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

How lucky we are to have members well connected with AP senior management, hence allowing clarification of AP future plans.

I bet you have also had quite a few PMs from members asking to be boosted up lists via your contacts.

Thanks for your valuable, yet salty input. Look forward to more wisdom and insight to benefit TZ and the membership on the AP brand in this thread..

Master
    The approved allocation could well have been one of the ideas floated about by the CEO of AP. Others were that they were going to be allocating a lot of AP RO’s to new clients this year - which hasn’t happened. Also that AP boutiques/Houses could sell at whatever price they liked. Again hadn’t happened but a Rolex AD told me himself that he thought that was true.

Look forward to more wisdom and insight to benefit TZ and the membership on the AP brand in this thread..
    I've had some recent insight into the AP brand. I made enquiries with AP's customer services direct through their website about the Music edition. I wasn't foolish enough to think that I would be able to purchase one due to their limited availability but thought I would ask anyway. AP's customer service were a pleasure to deal with and while they confirmed what I thought, they were still helpful enough to encourage me toward the AP brand as a whole. They took my details, invited me to register with AP via the website (which I did) and said that they would get one of the AP boutiques to contact me to discuss models that might be available to me. That's the last I heard from AP. No contact whatsoever from any AP retailer. Oh well, their loss.

Master

Audemars Piguet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I've had some recent insight into the AP brand. I made enquiries with AP's customer services direct through their website about the Music edition. I wasn't foolish enough to think that I would be able to purchase one due to their limited availability but thought I would ask anyway. AP's customer service were a pleasure to deal with and while they confirmed what I thought, they were still helpful enough to encourage me toward the AP brand as a whole. They took my details, invited me to register with AP via the website (which I did) and said that they would get one of the AP boutiques to contact me to discuss models that might be available to me. That's the last I heard from AP. No contact whatsoever from any AP retailer. Oh well, their loss.
    YOLO for me, I gave up and got one yesterday pre owned at an acceptable price (as they have softened in price a bit) even though I got through to the interview at the lovely boutique and thought I did well, I’m not ever expecting the call. AP interviewer hinted the numbers he gets allocated a year and the number of credible clients he has on his list, I did the maths and I know it’s very unlikely. Not as tough as winning the lottery, but maybe like winning a sizeable prize on Premium Bonds type odds!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to try my friends on and frankly it blew me away. Have no interest in
    Owning more than one but would love a single piece as my grail. Doubt it will happen given the stupid AD games though
    That looks fantastic, awesome on the orange rubber strap.
    Would look daft on my smaller wrist.

YOLO for me, I gave up and got one yesterday pre owned at an acceptable price (as they have softened in price a bit) even though I got through to the interview at the lovely boutique and thought I did well, I’m not ever expecting the call. AP interviewer hinted the numbers he gets allocated a year and the number of credible clients he has on his list, I did the maths and I know it’s very unlikely. Not as tough as winning the lottery, but maybe like winning a sizeable prize on Premium Bonds type odds!

Congratulations, love the B&W photo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

Congratulations, love the B&W photo.
    Thanks, loving it. The OG genta, I’m going to wear this plenty as alternative to Rolex

Master
    AP increase this morning. 15500/15510 up from £21,400 to £22,900 so about 7%.

AP increase this morning. 15500/15510 up from £21,400 to £22,900 so about 7%.

Increases right across the brand and all models up 😬

15407st has gone up 71% since Jan 2018. My my

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    15407st has gone up 71% since Jan 2018. My my

Good point, that hurts….but I’d still love one.

And the Perpetual Calendar 26574ST is now £76,500 😢