closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Good point, that hurts….but I’d still love one.

And the Perpetual Calendar 26574ST is now £76,500 😢
    Any idea what the ratio of 15407st made to 26574st made?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Any idea what the ratio of 15407st made to 26574st made?

When I last asked it’s pretty similar for both in Steel. But in precious metal slightly more 15407’s are made…..but still minuscule amounts per se.

Not sure if that really answered your question?!

It did. Thank you.

I think my ultimate AP would be in black ceramic. Undecided exactly which one though

Cool

It did. Thank you.

I think my ultimate AP would be in black ceramic. Undecided exactly which one though

This latest 50th Anniversary piece ("think" it is the ROC that Kevin Hart accidently - maybe - outed earlier this year...) went live on-line the other day;

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1225CE.01.html

Not usually a fan of all Black watches but do think it looks great.

I'd put up with it if someone bought it for me but were money no object, there are other APs I'd buy first.

Question

I'd put up with it if someone bought it for me but were money no object, there are other APs I'd buy first.
    Completely agree.

What would you ideally want/go for given the opportunity?
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 3rd September 2022 at 16:07.

I think I'd opt for a black ceramic skeleton.

Most other APs have the same problem for me which is the tapisserie dial. I don't hate it but I'm definitely not mad about it. It works better with some watches than others

Skeleton doesn't suffer from these issues..

Any idea of production ratio of steel skeletons to ceramic skeletons?

I think I'd opt for a black ceramic skeleton.

Most other APs have the same problem for me which is the tapisserie dial. I don't hate it but I'm definitely not mad about it. It works better with some watches than others

Skeleton doesn't suffer from these issues..

Any idea of production ratio of steel skeletons to ceramic skeletons?

Fair enough. Personally love the AP Tapisserie dials!

Any Open Worked AP is a heavy hitting piece for sure. More I look at it, the more I like the new Ceramic ROC I linked to earlier but there’s a few other 50th Anniversary watches that I prefer and more likely to be allocated in the next couple of months.

I’ve no direct information on the Steel vs. Ceramic Open Worked numbers but do know (as a general rule) that the production/allocation numbers for precious metal (or Ceramic) models tend to half whatever the Steel run is…….the more expensive the piece, the less they get and the harder they are to be allocated without a pretty long wait.

Master
    Heads up from a TRF poster for 50th anniversary RO. Discount code THANKYOU15

https://eu.assouline.com/products/ro...conoclast-icon

Master
    Finally joined the club

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Finally joined the club

Big congrats :-)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Finally joined the club

Looks like one of the last 15500’s, got mine in May.

Where did you get it from?

Was collecting my watch from TicToc Man this week and they had a 2017 RO Chrono (black dial with white sub dials) in a place in Hatton Garden so popped in.
    Condition was OK but clearly well worn and they wanted £50k. I’ve been on the register of interest for 18 months and I’m not expecting much but I’m certainly not paying £50k for one in that condition.

Congrats Boss, what an incoming. You must be over the moon with that.

Some contrast against the other stuff.

Master
    Had this for nearly 3 months now and must say I’m still blown away by it. Due to rotation, I’ve not had it on the wrist for a couple of weeks and it’s fantastic to put it back on - pure class :-)

Hard to decide against the previous model. I prefer the AP logo and the extra weight of the 15500. I prefer the longer batons and more tapered bracelet on the 15510.

The thing I think is most outstanding is how the dial colour varies in the light - a couple of decent pictures taken by my wife and a couple of crappy/dusty photos taken by me out and about :-)

Audemars Piguet Thread

Thanks for keeping the thread alive Devonian. Superb watches and as we know these are watches you never see in real life, let alone in the level of detail provided by your pictures. The closest most of us get is social media which simply does not show decent comparisons between models and new Vs old or differing lights.

I picked up a offshore recently which I wasn't expecting and I nearly didn't go for it but I'm very happy I did. I actually said no twice but my wife was with me and told me I was being stupid and to go for it. I don't regret it one bit and would love to add a RO next.

Here's mine at covent garden just now with a few others. I might be kidding myself but I think it's relatively under the radar. You'd never know what it was or the price unless you know a little about watches.

Last edited by wileeeeeey; 14th October 2022 at 18:22.

Master
    Love the colour of that Willey
    Very nice

Master
    ^^^ You made a wise choice in marrying your wife Wiley :-) - it’s a great watch indeed.

You’re right, they do go under the radar. I’ve only ever had one person comment on one of my AP’s - my offshore. Sales guy in the Hublot boutique on a royal Caribbean ship. Certainly not in Devon. Don’t know a single person that has one.

Master
    Brilliant pictures Devonian and Wileeeeeey.

Still really enjoying mine and such a great watch to have in the collection. Not wearing very often, but when I do it feels even more special. Not sure I could make it an everyday watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks for keeping the thread alive Devonian. Superb watches and as we know these are watches you never see in real life, let alone in the level of detail provided by your pictures. The closest most of us get is social media which simply does not show decent comparisons between models and new Vs old or differing lights.

I picked up a offshore recently which I wasn't expecting and I nearly didn't go for it but I'm very happy I did. I actually said no twice but my wife was with me and told me I was being stupid and to go for it. I don't regret it one bit and would love to add a RO next.

Here's mine at covent garden just now with a few others. I might be kidding myself but I think it's relatively under the radar. You'd never know what it was or the price unless you know a little about watches.

Nice .. have to agree looks pretty under the radar to be honest. Looks the same as my old Casioaks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard a rumour that AP might be cutting ties with Watches of Switzerland? I think I recall someone saying something on this forum but can’t see where. It may just be me dreaming of watches again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Has anyone heard a rumour that AP might be cutting ties with Watches of Switzerland? I think I recall someone saying something on this forum but can’t see where. It may just be me dreaming of watches again!

I don't know anything about them cutting ties but the single desk they have in there doesn't inspire long term confidence. I've probably commented that I'm on the list there but it will probably close down before I get anything.

I was on the list there and didn't hear anything so went on the list direct with AP and ended up with a watch. I was told roughly how many watches they get per year and it was incredibly low. Made sense why I never got a call.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    I’m fairly sure it was discussed around 6 months ago or more that they were out at the end of the year, so in the next couple of months.

I’d imagine AP has only given them a ‘token’ amount of allocation since making the decision so makes sense if stock has been paltry - so even more paltry than the usual amount of paltry :-)

WoS have already been served notice their AP franchise ends this December here in the Uk. I know a guy who’s a VIP with the group and they were told in the summer I understand.

So that just leaves the 3 AP owned sites here if you want to buy a new watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’m fairly sure it was discussed around 6 months ago or more that they were out at the end of the year, so in the next couple of months.

I’d imagine AP has only given them a ‘token’ amount of allocation since making the decision so makes sense if stock has been paltry - so even more paltry than the usual amount of paltry :-)
    Makes sense

That’s actually great news wos are incredibly arrogant and need to have their almost watch supply monopoly curtailing

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I popped into AP House yesterday for a quick catch up and managed to try on the music edition which is limited to 500 pieces. I’ve been curious to see one. Comes with 4 different colour straps. I may well be wrong, but I would imagine it’s a ‘marmite’ watch and it will be loved and loathed in equal measure. The strap that it was on wouldn’t be my daily choice out of the 4 options, but I have to say I quite liked it. I’m not sure I’d buy one if it would be the only AP I’d own, or only ROO even, however I can see the appeal if money weren’t an issue for someone as a summer watch. Also tried on the black ceramic. Took a couple of pictures if anyone is interest …

That black ceramic reminds me of the jps racing cars
    In a good way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Decent pictures, cheers Devonian. I really like the size of the music edition but agree it isn't for everyone.

Still loving mine but I do wonder if AP have too many SKUs now. An awful lot of models in the catalogue.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the music editions, but REALLY like the Carolina Bucci edition.

Cool

Thanks for sharing those pictures Devonian!

I for one love the ROO Music Edition (Titanium) that you tried on at the weekend. In a sea of dull, characterless watches I look at that model (admittedly as an AP fan) and it just makes me A) smile and b) really want to buy one. I think it would be the ultimate Summer/holiday watch for me but fully I get it's divisive for a lot of watch fans.

How was the weight of the ROC in Ceramic on the wrist?

Master
    That music edition is amazing, love it.

The price less so. Ouch, almost wished I did not like it as much as I do.

Cheers for the pics but the best one is the one you already own IMHO

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

I agree, that looks fantastic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Thanks for sharing those pictures Devonian!

I for one love the ROO Music Edition (Titanium) that you tried on at the weekend. In a sea of dull, characterless watches I look at that model (admittedly as an AP fan) and it just makes me A) smile and b) really want to buy one. I think it would be the ultimate Summer/holiday watch for me but fully I get it's divisive for a lot of watch fans.

How was the weight of the ROC in Ceramic on the wrist?
    Sorry Gareth paid no attention to the weight to be honest - a) I was more interested in the Music and b) time was short as my 6 year old was desperate to get to the Lion King :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Cheers for the pics but the best one is the one you already own IMHO
    I won’t argue with you Ryan, a few months in and it really ticks just about every box. I can’t find a fault in it at all :-)

Agreed, amazing dial.

34mm if I recall correctly for that special edition of 300?

Master
    I’m an AP fan, but that music edition is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I’m an AP fan, but that music edition is stupid
    I think it’s bizarre. Why would you buy an AP with Tetris on the dial ?

Apologies to any owners.

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I think it’s bizarre. Why would you buy an AP with Tetris on the dial ?

Apologies to any owners.
    Would be cool if it actually worked (either as Tetris or a level meter)...

Anyone seen the Philips auction prices?

Bear in mind, Philips' customers have the very deepest pockets so real world sales prices will be considerably less. 15407st 2022 hammered at 110k USD.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone seen the Philips auction prices?

Bear in mind, Philips' customers have the very deepest pockets so real world sales prices will be considerably less. 15407st 2022 hammered at 110k USD.
    Not surprised, some AP have dropped like stones recently.

Master

Dropped the ROO off for a warranty service this week and tried on a RO while I was there. Probably not keen to dive right in for another chrono while the ROO on the chrono broke less than 3 months in but thought I'd put a pic here of the green. Would absolutely love a regular time/date only version.

Looks black/dark in low light but the green really does come out under the bright shop lightning.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive just done a review of one of those, they're lovely, despite me not being totally enamoured with green watches overall.

[QUOTE=wileeeeeey;6134334]Dropped the ROO off for a warranty service this week and tried on a RO while I was there. Probably not keen to dive right in for another chrono while the ROO on the chrono broke less than 3 months in but thought I'd put a pic here of the green. Would absolutely love a regular time/date only version.

How frustrating?

A little frustrating considering it wasn't even 3 months old but I guess these things happen. I kept seeing the minute subdial not at 12 but thought nothing of it so it might have even been broken from the start, who knows.

Not sure why the video uploaded as a "short" but this is the issue, minute subdial activates and stops whenever it feels like it. If I left the video going on longer it would have started and stopped again a little later.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LqXr5KL98DY

Question

Ive just done a review of one of those, they're lovely, despite me not being totally enamoured with green watches overall.
    Could you point us in the direction of that review please?

Looks like AP are finally launching their pre-owned program before the end of the year.
    Audemars Piguet is entering the thriving second-hand market by launching its own certified pre-owned (CPO) program by the end of 2023, CEO François-Henry Bennahmias announced at a luxury recruitment conference in Paris this week. The initiative makes Audemars Piguet (AP) the second major luxury watch brand to invest in the pre-loved market after industry leader Rolex took the industry by surprise in December by announcing the roll-out of its own CPO initiative.
    Paywalled and I don't have access but the above was the preview.

https://misstweed.com/articles/audem...by-end-of-2023

Thanks for sharing Wileey. My understanding is that the territories it will be launched has yet to be decided by AP. So I wouldn't assume it'll definitely happen here in the UK via the 3 AP owned sites but it "might" or "might not"

Like the Rolex CPO I see it as a move that asks more questions than it answers but let's see!

Well I’ve had the quote from AP for a full service and dial/second hand/chrono hands change on my Royal Oak Chrono (39mm). Pleasantly surprised and just have to wait 10 weeks for the work to be done now.

Agree, rolex cpo doesn’t seem to fix anything so not sure what AP’s will achieve if/when it arrives. Keen to see the buy back quotes look like.

Another 6 weeks or so and I’ll hopefully have my AP back from the warranty service.

New 30th anniversary Offshores should hopefully go live tomorrow or the next day. Feedback already online from Wei Koh but no pics yet.