closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

New 30th anniversary ROO Friday 5pm GMT according to Wei Koh

Possibly a ceramic “beast” but no confirmation yet.

Actually here we go. No price but clearly going to be very expensive.

Master
    Looks pretty good. The black maybe seems to blend the bulk away a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Actually here we go. No price but clearly going to be very expensive.
    It's going to be £72,500 here in the UK for the Beast.

Or £51,800 for a "JPS" edition ROO that is also (part) Ceramic!!!

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A127CR.01.html

Do like the new Codes in Steel (with Green or Blue dials) at £21,800 too;

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A056KB.01.html

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...A348KB.01.html

Or something a bit more left field;

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/e...1356BA.01.html

Cheers for the links Gareth

I actually really like the look of the green but the white gold is “only” about £8k more. Awful date window on the older white gold model though.

I’ll see if I can try one whenever my ROO is back from service but I can’t take two baths in a row. Need a normal RO before jumping in the tub again.

Master
    Stainless code looks impressive.

Back from an AP service and dial swap and looking lovely. It’s far more legible than it was with a silver dial below silver hands and is just like a new watch to me now.

I’d decided to sell it and the dial colour came up as not original so selling it on consignment became difficult. Sent back to AP and a fresh service and dial change has it looking a completely different animal.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Back from an AP service and dial swap and looking lovely. It’s far more legible than it was with a silver dial below silver hands and is just like a new watch to me now.

I’d decided to sell it and the dial colour came up as not original so selling it on consignment became difficult. Sent back to AP and a fresh service and dial change has it looking a completely different animal.

Looks lovely! Any before pics? Did you get to keep the dial it came on?

Think there’s one earlier in the thread but this is the before:

It was pretty but I found it a struggle to read the time, aimed to sell it but the non original dial was an issue so the dial swap and service sorted that. Now I don’t want to sell it

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Think there’s one earlier in the thread but this is the before:

It was pretty but I found it a struggle to read the time, aimed to sell it but the non original dial was an issue so the dial swap and service sorted that. Now I don’t want to sell it
    The Silver dial is very legible I find and in bright light (especially sun light) it absolutely pops. Here’s my ROC 50th Anniversary I got last year;

After spending some time at one of the boutiques I've put my name down for a 37mm RO time only. I've no idea about realistic lead times, I'd hope that the 37mm may be quicker than the 41mm?

Quicker in AP is a very loose term.

I bought a ROO 7 months back but no sign of a RO yet.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    After spending some time at one of the boutiques I've put my name down for a 37mm RO time only. I've no idea about realistic lead times, I'd hope that the 37mm may be quicker than the 41mm?

Would it be your first purchase with AP Doug?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Would it be your first purchase with AP Doug?
    Yes it would be. I appreciate that there might be a requirement for additional spend history in the offshore range but I simply cannot wear them due to size (apart from the 37mm music edition).

Yes it would be. I appreciate that there might be a requirement for additional spend history in the offshore range but I simply cannot wear them due to size (apart from the 37mm music edition).
    Sure.

A 3 hander RO (37 or 41mm) is a very tough ask as a first allocation so it’s definitely worth investigating the smaller ROO options to kick off with AP. The Music Edition is a lovely piece.

Good luck Doug.

Did you not know this a relationship brand now?

Sure.

A 3 hander RO (37 or 41mm) is a very tough ask as a first allocation so it’s definitely worth investigating the smaller ROO options to kick off with AP. The Music Edition is a lovely piece.

Good luck Doug.
    Thank you, Gareth. These things take a bit of time! It's a struggle as even the codes start at 41mm. I'll speak with the boutique to see if a 37mm ROO would help or delay things (as they're only a limited run)

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Did you not know this a relationship brand now?
    I did give a nod towards that. It'd be naïve to think otherwise.

Journeyman
    Thank you, Gareth. These things take a bit of time! It's a struggle as even the codes start at 41mm. I'll speak with the boutique to see if a 37mm ROO would help or delay things (as they're only a limited run)

I did give a nod towards that. It'd be naïve to think otherwise.
    Rumours have it that a smaller CODE is coming very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Rumours have it that a smaller CODE is coming very soon.
    By which time you’ll have to buy a smaller code to get a bigger code to buy an offshore to be able to buy a 37mm Royal Oak. Ah, the “journey”.

Master
    My ROO has just gone off for a service and upgraded calibre. Tried the new ceramic on, very nice but not sure I would pay £70k+ for it. Still hoping to receive my RO this decade

I want to like the Code, but can't having tried several variations. Haven't tried on the 15210ST.OO.A348KB.01 which I think I *could* be keen on.

This came out of nowhere. Fair play to AP. My offshore is now the best watch I can wear in london.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-against-theft

Audemars Piguet to Guarantee $55,000 Watches Against Theft in Industry First

New AP service guarantee follows surge in luxury watch theft
    AP to replace registered stolen watches bought in 2022/23

Audemars Piguet, the Swiss luxury watch brand best known for the highly sought-after Royal Oak, will offer to replace clients’ stolen watches as part of a new service program created in response to a surge in watch-related crime.The Le Brassus, Switzerland-based brand, whose average watch price is about 50,000 Swiss francs ($55,000), will guarantee to replace, refund or repair any stolen or damaged watch bought in 2022 or 2023 for two years, Chief Executive Officer François-Henry Bennahmias, said in an exclusive interview at the company’s headquarters.
    “We listen to our clients and we have to look also at what’s going on in the world right now. We have important cities in Europe and in the US that are not as safe anymore,” said Bennahmias.

Rising Crime

Watch thefts, many of them violent, are an increasingly worrying issue for the industry, threatening sales if consumers are afraid to wear luxury timepieces. The initiative by Audemars Piguet marks the first time a luxury watch brand has ever offered a warranty and guarantee service to replace or refund the cost of a watch if it’s stolen.
    “That’s a big, big move because no one has ever done that,” Bennahmias said.

Read More: Smash and Grab Watch Thefts Threaten Brands From Rolex to Patek
    The CEO, who will leave the top job later this year after more than a decade, said any Audemars Piguet customer who bought a watch in 2022 or this year will be eligible to register with the program. They’ll have to prove that they bought and still own the watch, providing a photo of the watch and the serial number. Watches that have been resold won’t be eligible.
    If a registered customer’s watch is stolen and there is a valid police report, they will be offered a choice of a refund or a replacement of the watch. If the watch is no longer being produced the company will offer a similar model in the current collection.

The service will run until the end of 2024 for anyone who bought a watch in 2022, including the 50th anniversary Royal Oak model. Watches bought in 2023 will be eligible for the service for two years from the date of purchase.

Royal Oak Demand

Audemars Piguet watches, particularly the Royal Oak, generally trade well above their retail price on the secondary market. For example, the Royal Oak 15500 in steel with a blue dial sells for about 24,800 Swiss francs at retail but fetches about 50,770 francs on the secondary market, according to WatchCharts, an aggregator of pre-owned watch prices.
    AP makes about 50,000 watches a year, the majority of which are Royal Oak and Royal Oak Offshore models, according to Bennahmias. Sales were about 2 billion Swiss francs in 2022, an increase of 26% from 2021 and 78% from 2020 when the pandemic briefly halted production and sales.
    Bennahmias said he expects about 75% of eligible customers to sign up for the program. He estimated there could be as many as 100 claims from customers over two years but predicted that only a handful might attempt to defraud the company by registering a watch they don’t own or submitting a fake police report.
    Perhaps “we get two or three or five, which are absolute frauds. That’s a part of doing it,” he said, adding that he hopes people will behave the right way. “You cannot develop and offer these types of things thinking that everybody’s gonna abuse the system.”

Fighting Theft

Other major Swiss brands are also making moves to address the surge in watch crime but none have, so far, offered to replace stolen watches. Cartier and Vacheron Constantin owner Richemont said last week it’s building a digital platform to help police forces fight theft of luxury watches and jewelry.
    The platform, called Enquirus, will allow owners to register their collections using the brand and serial numbers. They can also report theft or a loss and check if a piece they are planning to buy is stolen.
    Read More: Richemont Builds Platform to Help Fight Watch, Jewelry Theft
    “Watch related crime has gone up massively,” with 81,000 watch related crimes occurring in the UK since 2018, according to Arjen van de Vall, the CEO of Watchfinder & Co., the secondary market dealer owned by Richemont.
    Bennahmias said its new theft service program, which won’t have a third party insurer at first, will run as a trial that could be continued depending on how many of their clients are willing to be part of it.
    “This is nothing for them but a safety net and who wouldn’t want a safety net in today’s world?”

This came out of nowhere. Fair play to AP. My offshore is now the best watch I can wear in london.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-against-theft
    Except your ROO, like mine, isn’t a $55k watch 

And I bought mine in 2021…..oh dear….
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 4th April 2023 at 00:14.

Master
    A bit of Marketing BS, can’t walk in and buy one anyways.

Master
    Sounds like a great initiative. Looking forward to seeing the T&Cs and working out how to register.
    Would certainly encourage me to wear the AP more often.
    It would also hint at a ‘replacement’ and the hope would be you would not need to wait years for that.

Reading the article I think the CEO is slightly optimistic that fraud may be only ‘2 or 3 or 5 cases’. Their estimate of 100 thefts in two years also seems low. But let’s see.

Also funny how they think 75% of eligible customers they expect to register. Do they think only 25% have flipped!???

Thanks for posting Wileeeeeey.

I expect it's another way to track/deter flippers as it'll be such a desired thing to activate and it'll all be done through the online activations.

Master
    Bought this earlier in the year for my wife’s (40th) birthday, which is in September. She’s been up to get it sized correctly and is not waiting until September to wear it :-)

Wow, I don’t blame her. That’s a tier above special. Wow doesn’t quite cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Bought this earlier in the year for my wife’s (40th) birthday, which is in September. She’s been up to get it sized correctly and is not waiting until September to wear it :-)

Special watch mate, she's a lucky girl. Love the dial hue.

Journeyman
    What do people think of the new(ish) steel code releases?

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands...he-collection/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it and went to see the marketing pieces but it ended up sending me down the path toward a 6119G. Patek is slightly more but white gold and a Patek.

Steel Code pricing makes no sense when you look at the prices of the WG Code and the steel RO but it’s still an interesting watch.

I really like it and went to see the marketing pieces but it ended up sending me down the path toward a 6119G. Patek is slightly more but white gold and a Patek.

Steel Code pricing makes no sense when you look at the prices of the WG Code and the steel RO but it’s still an interesting watch.

Nice.

Was that at AP House or another AP site? Have to agree about the Code 11.59 models (new and prior) that really are lovely in the flesh but are a less compelling purchase than a RO or ROC.

Not disrespect but I’m surprised to hear you’re into a PP 6119g and whole Patek game that their AD’s and Boutiques love to play.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 12th May 2023 at 23:28.

Craftsman
    The new code 11.59 tank on the secondary market many for sale 40% off , people buying them from AD are doing so in the hope of getting a stainless steel royal oak , which has also fallen 50% on the secondary market .

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    The new code 11.59 tank on the secondary market many for sale 40% off , people buying them from AD are doing so in the hope of getting a stainless steel royal oak , which has also fallen 50% on the secondary market .

Some sweeping statements there chap. Some people buy the Code 11.59 because they like it and have little or no interest in a RO whatsoever. Plus here in the UK I’m pleased to say that AP don’t favour trade (buy X to get Y) at all and that all Codes are wait pieces here and have been for about 2 years now……and irrespective of what the secondary market does, or does not, do.

Nice.

Was that at AP House or another AP site? Have to agree about the Code 11.59 models (new and prior) that really are lovely in the flesh but are a less compelling purchase than a RO or ROC.

Not disrespect but I’m surprised to hear you’re into a PP 6119g and whole Patek game that their AD’s and Boutiques love to play.
    That was at AP House back in Feb. I tried to upload pics at the time but Tapatalk wouldn’t play ball.

I can’t afford to play the Patek game and will never get an Aquanaut or similar but the idea of having Rolex and AP which are arguably #3 and #2 makes me really want to try something from #1.

I’m still in two minds re Patek and don’t think I’m what would be deemed as a Patek customer but I also don’t think the salon will ever call me anyway. Given the hypothetical choice of the 6119G or the Explorer 40 I’d go Explorer 40 no hesitation.

I think if I want to splurge on something special it might end up being a DD40 or a ROC.

That was at AP House back in Feb. I tried to upload pics at the time but Tapatalk wouldn’t play ball.

I can’t afford to play the Patek game and will never get an Aquanaut or similar but the idea of having Rolex and AP which are arguably #3 and #2 makes me really want to try something from #1.

I’m still in two minds re Patek and don’t think I’m what would be deemed as a Patek customer but I also don’t think the salon will ever call me anyway. Given the hypothetical choice of the 6119G or the Explorer 40 I’d go Explorer 40 no hesitation.

I think if I want to splurge on something special it might end up being a DD40 or a ROC.

Gotcha. AP House always have the best marketing pieces to see/try on.

I could probably find a way to play the Patek game but I’m just not interested. I’ve had 2 Pateks and feel they are vastly overrated but saying that I get the adulation they get but in my experience it’s hyperbole. But unless you are spending 6 figures on any PP you aren’t getting the full deal.

Whereas Rolex and AP you cannot go wrong I feel. I’ve actually sold off a lot of my watches (Tudor/Omega/IWC/Panerai) this year and am purely concentrating on a very select amount of brands now. You cannot go wrong with the classics like the DD40 (I have 2 and totally love them to bits) or a ROC as you mentioned (got one of those and another soon I hope) in your post.

I find it somewhat ironic that someone posting on an AP thread refers to the Patek 'game'. I found that AP have their own 'game'.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I find it somewhat ironic that someone posting on an AP thread refers to the Patek 'game'. I found that AP have their own 'game'.
    They all do, just I’m priced out of the Patek one.

Fair enough. I was tempted by an AP but couldn't figure out what the game was, was never contacted or replied to by a boutique despite being told that I would be and in the end I simply couldn't be bothered to join the game. Other brands have since benefitted but I'm sure that AP won't lose any sleep over it.

The only element with AP here in the Uk that is “a game” is one of patience. And understandably some people can’t be bothered with that or run out of patience…..which I guess is what you found given your other reply. And over the last 2-3 years there’s been an explosion of interest for the AP brand and they’ve had to manage that as best they can and make sure that the watches are going to the right people……and those that are patient (I waited 3 years for my first RO) do get rewarded.

But as I said AP won’t ask/tell/request that you buy anything you don’t want to get what you do want…..whereas with PP you absolutely will have to spend £100k on 2-3 watches you probably don’t really want to be in with a chance of getting something you would actually want…..and then more long waits to get within a mile of a Nautilus or Aquanaut (for example) allocation. Or the AD will just coerce you to buy jewellery as well to get anything from PP.

Master
    The only element with AP here in the Uk that is “a game” is one of patience. And understandably some people can’t be bothered with that or run out of patience…..which I guess is what you found given your other reply. And over the last 2-3 years there’s been an explosion of interest for the AP brand and they’ve had to manage that as best they can and make sure that the watches are going to the right people……and those that are patient (I waited 3 years for my first RO) do get rewarded.

But as I said AP won’t ask/tell/request that you buy anything you don’t want to get what you do want…..whereas with PP you absolutely will have to spend £100k on 2-3 watches you probably don’t really want to be in with a chance of getting something you would actually want…..and then more long waits to get within a mile of a Nautilus or Aquanaut (for example) allocation. Or the AD will just coerce you to buy jewellery as well to get anything from PP.
    Totally agree with all of that.

I don’t think they’re as much big spend on account vs. other brands.

It’s clear they are not incentivising their staff that way, which is nice to see.

However the watches are severely limited so the wait will clearly be longer than most.

my issue with AP wasn't a matter of patience, I'm more than happy to wait for what I want. It's a matter of ignorance. If a boutique had contacted me and told me that the watch I wanted wasn't available but I could be added to a list or if they gave me other available options that I might like in a shorter time period then that would be fine. It's the complete lack of communication. As I mentioned, the national customer service side was more than helpful but once their job was done it seems that the follow through ended. I'm a little curious about your comment that they're trying to make sure that the watches are going to the right people given that for example, the LE music edition is available en mass on the grey market.

may be I just had an unusually bad experience but it would be nice to know that my experience isn't the norm for new customers to the brand.

my issue with AP wasn't a matter of patience, I'm more than happy to wait for what I want. It's a matter of ignorance. If a boutique had contacted me and told me that the watch I wanted wasn't available but I could be added to a list or if they gave me other available options that I might like in a shorter time period then that would be fine. It's the complete lack of communication. As I mentioned, the national customer service side was more than helpful but once their job was done it seems that the follow through ended. I'm a little curious about your comment that they're trying to make sure that the watches are going to the right people given that for example, the LE music edition is available en mass on the grey market.

may be I just had an unusually bad experience but it would be nice to know that my experience isn't the norm for new customers to the brand.
    I can't really comment on your own experiences without knowing the specifics/timelines/the boutique (and perhaps the SA/contact too) in question but suffice to say you have said it didn't work for you and that you have moved on from the brand so fair do's.

However I'd be interested to see you qualify this statement that you made for the (here in the UK to be relevent please) grey market if you don't mind?;

"the LE music edition is available en mass on the grey market"

Manchester AP House X WoS confirmed

https://www.watchpro.com/audemars-pi...f-switzerland/

Master
    40% off rrp?? Highly doubt that

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    40% off rrp?? Highly doubt that
    Theres a RG code on eBay at -33% off RRP and thats an end user price.

Craftsman
    Some great deals on MODA which are real selling prices, not the fantasy prices on chrono24. It's not a popular watch , AP is synonymous with royal oak every other model has been a failure , people only get codes for purchase history with AD that's why do many for sale bnib

Master
    what is MODA?

Craftsman
    It's online dealer to dealer sales group though anybody can join now

Thumbs up

Some great deals on MODA which are real selling prices, not the fantasy prices on chrono24. It's not a popular watch , AP is synonymous with royal oak every other model has been a failure , people only get codes for purchase history with AD that's why do many for sale bnib

MODA is not “real selling prices” at all.

For one it’s predominantly US based so unless a UK buyer flies over there and tries to dodge the VAT/Import duty on flying home the alternative is that the purchase shipped over to the Uk from the US gets snagged by UK Customs and Excise so any perceived saving is vastly mitigated with the taxes being added.

Secondly it’s really not a retail platform (on Facebook) but is a Trade to Trade one and as a result minimal transactions are Trade seller to Retail customer so it’s really not a true representation of the retail market that the vast majority of people sit in.

And can I ask who is your source at AP for the Code 11.59 being a “failure” please? Maybe they should listen to you and not extend the range offering as they already have this year and with more planned for late ‘23 too…

And in the Uk there is absolutely zero pressure for “buying history” by purchasing a Code to get a Royal Oak so I’m sorry to burst your bubble there.