closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Audemars Piguet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    I agree with you. That gold piece hugs the wrist very well has the weigh gives it significant presence on the wrist. If I had bigger wrists I’d consider too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The gold is firmly out of my price range, just lucky they let me try it on. Does open your mind though. Impossible to judge or have an opinion on the Offshores based off pictures alone.

Journeyman
    Not the best photo but I was trying not to let the watches touch or drop them.

I got to compare my steel jumbo with a rose gold from from another owner. Not usually into gold but this is very lovely. The blue dial works very will with rose gold. Has a slightly more warmer colour than rolex gold.

Master
    You got to try on some great watches there, we’re some/many/all available to buy or just demonstration models?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    Not the best photo but I was trying not to let the watches touch or drop them.

I got to compare my steel jumbo with a rose gold from from another owner. Not usually into gold but this is very lovely. The blue dial works very will with rose gold. Has a slightly more warmer colour than rolex gold.

I tried the gold on in Harrods in February last year and it was for sale. Think it was late 40’s from memory. Probably hard to buy now and a lot more expensive I’d imagine!

Edit, I think the one I tried was the darker dial 41mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    You got to try on some great watches there, we’re some/many/all available to buy or just demonstration models?
    All marketing pieces but good to have them out, especially with some only announced 3 days ago.

Cool

Amex Platinum card primed and ready for next week at AP House!

Haha Gareth, you and me both. Just mine won't be lucky enough to get spanked next week.

Back on track
    How are you getting on with that Offshore?

It didn't blow me away when I tried it on at AP House but that was indoors and quite dark. This guy I follow on IG puts his one up often on the black strap and I think it looks incredible.

Audemars Piguet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

It didn't blow me away when I tried it on at AP House but that was indoors and quite dark. This guy I follow on IG puts his one up often on the black strap and I think it looks incredible.
    Like a posh G-Shock.

Like me, Nop mainly wears his on the Light Brown strap but it did come with the Black as well.

Master

It didn't blow me away when I tried it on at AP House but that was indoors and quite dark. This guy I follow on IG puts his one up often on the black strap and I think it looks incredible
    Nop is on some AP FB groups as well and seems to wear his ROO more than his others. For me, it’s a great watch and as you say being in the AP House doesn’t show it off in the best light. Both strap options are great as the taupe strap goes with the taupe dial and the black strap goes with the bezel, so they’ve thought it through well. I’d probably say I prefer the black strap slightly more which is odd as I’m not generally a big fan of black on rubber.

I got a grey strap as well which I quite like.

Lovely, thanks. I do like the ceramic bezel a lot and I think the date on the 43mm models is nicer at 4 o'clock than at 3 o'clock on the others. The strap change is great too.

Will see if I can try it again the next time I'm at AP House. It's getting to the end of the year and I'm clucking for something new so I'm trying to widen my options and get a bit out of my comfort zone.

Master
    Lovely, thanks. I do like the ceramic bezel a lot and I think the date on the 43mm models is nicer at 4 o'clock than at 3 o'clock on the others. The strap change is great too.

Will see if I can try it again the next time I'm at AP House. It's getting to the end of the year and I'm clucking for something new so I'm trying to widen my options and get a bit out of my comfort zone.
    You looking to get an AP then?

I went for the taupe as it was quite different. Tried most of the new 43 models and they are all great, would have been happy with any of them.

Next time I’m in London I’d like to see the new releases in baby blue and green if they have demo models. Problem now with everything is actually being able to buy anything!

You looking to get an AP then?

I went for the taupe as it was quite different. Tried most of the new 43 models and they are all great, would have been happy with any of them.

Next time I’m in London I’d like to see the new releases in baby blue and green if they have demo models. Problem now with everything is actually being able to buy anything!
    If this is the green one I tried it on and it was really nice, I just thought for an Offshore it looked small. Fit my wrist well but felt an Offshore should be oversized.

I'm dealing with AP House and hopefully of a RO at some point soon - hopefully by the end of the year but I know each day things get harder and the goal posts can easily move so thinking of taking the plunge with a 43mm but that would mean selling something as it's a chunk more than the RO.

Question

If this is the green one I tried it on and it was really nice, I just thought for an Offshore it looked small. Fit my wrist well but felt an Offshore should be oversized.

I'm dealing with AP House and hopefully of a RO at some point soon - hopefully by the end of the year but I know each day things get harder and the goal posts can easily move so thinking of taking the plunge with a 43mm but that would mean selling something as it's a chunk more than the RO.
    Was the new Titanium Green Flyback Chrono a marketing piece or available for purchase? The 42mm ROO does wear a tad small but depends what your frame of reference is as I seem to recall you bought a WG YM42 this year which is thinner but similar wrist presence.

The 43 ROO is just perfect for me and as Devonian also said the Taupe is the pick of the 2021 releases for that model and by some margin. If that one you tried on was available (and not a marketing piece) it is absolutely the last one AP House will have this year - making it one of 3/4 max they have had since the June '21 launch.

Which exact RO reference are you hoping to get and when did you register your interest for it at AP House?

Registered a couple of months ago for the white or the black 3 hander with the date. Don't like the grey and blue is unobtainable. All pieces I tried on were marketing pieces.

Plan is to get the RO and try for a Chrono when they're refreshed but will see how it pans out.

Master

Yes I think that’s the green one - also a baby blue version as well. I’m not looking to buy anything else this year, nor do I think anything is available, but I’d love to try these on. Might be popping up to see my son for a day so if they had demonstration models Available think I’ll pop in.

Right now everything with AP (Rolex, Patek etc) is very challenging to get, so feel very fortunate to have jumped on a RO when it was a available last year. Probably purely because of lockdown and lack of travellers.

I know what you mean, I think I might have just missed the boat. When I was in AP House they were telling me I was silly for leaving the into so late and I could have even had a blue if I'd just come along sooner but I didn't want to leech off someone else's relationship. Live and learn!

Registered a couple of months ago for the white or the black 3 hander with the date. Don't like the grey and blue is unobtainable. All pieces I tried on were marketing pieces.

Plan is to get the RO and try for a Chrono when they're refreshed but will see how it pans out.

Not surprised they were all marketing pieces at AP House recently.

New ROC should be out next year in Steel to celebrate the 25th Anniversary but it is available now (new movement/open case back) in precious metal for 2021. See below;

Royal Oak 15500 with ANY dial is just about one of the least available pieces.

AP in precious metal is firmly out of my price range, my card would straight decline.

I'm half torn between going for a collection with more special pieces Vs just bulking up on more Rolex.

Should hopefully have an LVc or black SkyDweller by year end (on the list for more, but hopeful for one of those two). If I do get the AP call no doubt it'll come at the same time and leave me with chest pains when I see the CC statement. Just got to think of the cashback ha!

Master
    One of the most stunning watches I’ve seen in the flesh and no photos ever do it just.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post

Whilst I love Rolex watches (and I’ve a few), I wouldn’t pass up on an AP if you get the chance. Something quite special in my opinion.

AP in precious metal is firmly out of my price range, my card would straight decline.
    I'm half torn between going for a collection with more special pieces Vs just bulking up on more Rolex.
    Should hopefully have an LVc or black SkyDweller by year end (on the list for more, but hopeful for one of those two). If I do get the AP call no doubt it'll come at the same time and leave me with chest pains when I see the CC statement. Just got to think of the cashback ha!

Whilst I love Rolex watches (and I’ve a few), I wouldn’t pass up on an AP if you get the chance. Something quite special in my opinion.
    Fully agree. If given the chance I won't pass it up.

Master
    Last edited by Devonian; 26th January 2022 at 19:55.

Master

Audemars Piguet Thread

So no discontinuation on the jumbo, recent speculators will take a bath!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Do you expect 15202ST prices to come back to Earth on this news (serious question)? I can’t imagine the market will suddenly be flooded with 16202s, their current business model seems to involve being very picky about who they will sell to.

Master

Audemars Piguet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Do you expect 15202ST prices to come back to Earth on this news (serious question)? I can’t imagine the market will suddenly be flooded with 16202s, their current business model seems to involve being very picky about who they will sell to.
    I don’t see how they can sustain £130k+ for recent listings. Potentially back to £50-60k. So much hype about this model going to this year given anniversary and 5711 discontinuation

Master
    Fairly sure from memory that at the AP House they said they expected a change in the jumbo after they discontinued the 15202, not it ending altogether, so this won’t come as a surprise to those that have been buying them. Prices may come down if the market does in general, otherwise I’d expect them to hold as much as certain Patek or Rolex models. AP definitely seem to be on a huge rising curve right now.

Anyone that owns a 15202 is in possession of a fabulous watch….even more so if bought at Retail.

Market will take time to settle after the announcement of the 16202 tonight. New Chrono 41 is gorgeous too.

Been on the register of interest for a RO Chrono for just on a year. I’m not holding out much hope but of the call comes I certainly won’t turn it down.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Been on the register of interest for a RO Chrono for just on a year. I’m not holding out much hope but of the call comes I certainly won’t turn it down.
    38 or 41?

38 or 41?

Blog Entries
    Tried to register interest at the one AD local to me in PT. He had none but said I could try the AD house in Madrid
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Is the 15407 skeleton still current model or been discontinued?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think its still current

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I think its still current
    It’s still current. It’s my exit watch and I enquired at the AP boutique (via phone) about getting one. Whilst the guy was frank and honest about my chances (especially as they want to see you face to face to get on the list) he was courteous and we had a good chat about watches in general. He also gave me his number via what’s app such that if and when I am in London next I can arrange a meeting.

Master
    FWIW I was at AP House yesterday to pick up a serviced watch. Given the timing, of course I had to enquire about the new 16202ST. The answer was a polite but firm 'the list is closed', due to the many people already in line. But at least they refrained from pointing and laughing, so that's something.

UK only gets 2/3 a year of these Openworked Double Balanced in Steel and they have to be signed off at the highest level in AP. Bascially without a long history of purchases and a multi-year (double figures, easily) wait you aren't getting one I'm afraid.

UK meaning each UK boutique? Can't be just 2-3 for the whole of the UK per year, surely.

When they were sold through regular ADs (of which there weren't many, granted), they used to get 2-3 a year each.

UK meaning each UK boutique? Can't be just 2-3 for the whole of the UK per year, surely.

When they were sold through regular ADs (of which there weren't many, granted), they used to get 2-3 a year each.

Yes, that's for the whole of the UK for the 15407......market is very, very different now.

Heard that Bucherer at Selfridges have lost the AP franchise so only the 3 AP owned boutiques in London to purchase new AP from in the UK now I think. Used to include Rox in Scotland IIRC, plus I heard last week that WoS Broadgate have (or are about to) lose the AP franchise too but do not know if that is definite.......so it's just the Boutique business model they are operating worldwide now.

No wonder they've shot up in price! There's a dealer on Instagram called prestigia time and he appears to get all the hot AP models. Someone who knows him said he gets them from ADs. They even give him AP branded Cohibas!

Thumbs up

No wonder they've shot up in price! There's a dealer on Instagram called prestigia time and he appears to get all the hot AP models. Someone who knows him said he gets them from ADs. They even give him AP branded Cohibas!

Sorry, but I’m hugely sceptical of the “my mate down the pub said Brian gets his hot watches directly from the AD/Boutique” posts….and especially with AP as they track all sales/change of warranty status.

Master

Audemars Piguet Thread

What exactly are punters going to buy from AP (and AP making to sell) if you cannot get a RO easily from them, not like the nautilus and PP where people happily buy from calatrava all the way to a grand comp. Thierry stern, stated the he wants to move away from nautilus and it seems he wants to steer people back towards the core historic models lines, which I believe will be a next trend as we have reached peak Gerald genta, people wake up one day and look down on their 80k simple finished and simple movement RO and Nautilus and realise they can have an actual rare horological heavy weight like a perpetual calendar chrono instead for similar money. From what I understand AP and PP both make about 50k watches a year. And I see max of around 1-2k buyers of code 11.59 a year, and how many millenary watches do they actually sell….genuinely puzzled!

UK only gets 2/3 a year of these Openworked Double Balanced in Steel and they have to be signed off at the highest level in AP. Bascially without a long history of purchases and a multi-year (double figures, easily) wait you aren't getting one I'm afraid.
    Bit like when they told you the jumbo was disco and gone then they handed out a bakers dozen and we saw an incoming of one here eh?

They might get 2 or 3 but equally they might get 30. Either way 95% of clients will be given the same generic reply while the big spenders with solid purchase history will be called in for their private appointments.

What exactly are punters going to buy from AP (and AP making to sell) if you cannot get a RO easily from them, not like the nautilus and PP where people happily buy from calatrava all the way to a grand comp. Thierry stern, stated the he wants to move away from nautilus and it seems he wants to steer people back towards the core historic models lines, which I believe will be a next trend as we have reached peak Gerald genta, people wake up one day and look down on their 80k simple finished and simple movement RO and Nautilus and realise they can have an actual rare horological heavy weight like a perpetual calendar chrono instead for similar money. From what I understand AP and PP both make about 50k watches a year. And I see max of around 1-2k buyers of code 11.59 a year, and how many millenary watches do they actually sell….genuinely puzzled!

Nothing is, to use your phrase, “easily” attained from AP/PP/Rolex etc any more so I am not sure where you’re going with this!

AP make about 43,000 pieces a year and (like other brands) the breakdown isn’t publicly known.

Master

Audemars Piguet Thread

PP makes 50k watches but there is genuine demand for watches other than nautilus. Where as for AP, they make similar number of watches but it’s all just about the RO. I.e nobody actually wants their other cr@p watches, so where are all the AP RO gone
    Last edited by ac11111; 28th January 2022 at 23:36.

Unhappy

PP makes 50k watches but there is genuine demand for watches other than nautilus. Where as for AP, they make similar number of watches but it’s all just about the RO. I.e nobody actually wants their other cr@p watches, so where are all the AP RO gone

Ok, thanks for the AP insight..

Master
    AP have no issues whatsoever with selling to flippers and dealers, their sole focus is making as much cash as humanly possible. They couldn’t give a rat’s ass about genuine collectors when dealers will buy 10x the volume.

AP have indeed clearly decided Boutique is the future and control all supply……if your based 250+ miles away thats a lengthy day / night trip to Londinium..

I recently made the trip as i made an appointment to look at models that took my fancy and to see what fitted my smaller / medium wrist to add to an older 2000’s RO which i love ….

The boutique is for those who have visited quite unique and nothing like an AD experience…no watches on display …

My appointment was a 1 hour interview about my watch history to date and featured heavily on awareness of how exclusive AP was right now how many multiples they were selling for on the secondhand market, then it was explained to me how the process of allocation worked and how it involved any individuals case including my own as an existing AP owner being put by the Senior Sales Executive to a panel including the U.K. Director before a purchase was considered or permitted….

From memory each of the Senior Executives do approximately 50 interviews a week X 2 executives so 100 weekly roughly 50000 a year so its not hard to work out the slim probability of being fortunate enough to be ‘the chosen one’….

I then asked to try on some watches (Jumbo, ROO, ROC) but sadly they had non in stock as everything sold..

Demand has clearly gone through the roof whilst at the same time reducing the number of sales points dramatically meaning the Boutique is juggling enquiries vs supply & demand..

New 50th models are nice but i fear winning the Omaze House might be easier right now…

If Liz Trusssttt Me puts sanctions on Russian nationals being able to make purchases on New Bond Street it may just slightly increase my odds

I went home a mixture of puzzled, saddened, dejected, poorer and dare i say feeling a bit well unworthy….which is a shame as I love AP’s creations and history..

It can’t be easy for anyone working at either an AP, PP or Rolex AD constantly having the same repetitive conversation or dealing with hundreds of emails mainly surrounding the word ‘No’..

Increasingly they are in a way turning passionate fans of their products into the hands of the competition such as IWC / Omega / Tudor etc who can accommodate an order..

But ‘First world’ problems …..
    Last edited by TKH; 29th January 2022 at 08:58.

Sorry, but I’m hugely sceptical of the “my mate down the pub said Brian gets his hot watches directly from the AD/Boutique” posts….and especially with AP as they track all sales/change of warranty status.
    https://instagram.com/prestigia_t?utm_medium=copy_link

Respectfully, I don't think you move in the same circles as these guys. I think the allocation of watches coincides with the movement of cash in the opposite direction.