closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Two Rocket Threes (Jukebox and Classic Bike)

Two Rocket Threes (Jukebox and Classic Bike)

I posed a while ago that I was considering buying a jukebox to mark a significant Birthday.
    Mick P gave me some sound advice and suggested I post a picture when I found a juke. Then SWMBO stepped up to the plate and offered to buy me a new custom machine hand built by Sound Leisure in Leeds.
    By sheer coincidence their machine is a Rocket series 3 , so I have teamed it up on the drive with my 1969 BSA Rocket 3 MK1.
    The other picture shows the jukebox in its new home in the corner of our kitchen.
    The jukebox plays 80 CDs and streams via bluetooth. The depth and richness of the sound is excellent!
    I went for a "classic re-creation" rather than a 50's original because I wanted to plug and play rather than pay to repair.
    I had a love of 3 cylinder 500/750's in my youth but they were all Kawasakis. The BSA is an entirely different beast!

Hopefully my pictures are here:
    https://imgur.com/a/4qvPIMz
    Apologies if they disappoint!
    Last edited by uptheaddicks; 30th September 2020 at 11:35. Reason: bike link missing

Master
    Not up on my jukeboxes but love the BSA - the model I alluded to in the biker thread.

A chap who worked for my father had one (same colour) and I always lusted after it as teenager.

He also had a Trident based race bike which for some reason he rode on the road one day and ended up being chased by the police - he managed to dump it and escape, claiming it had been stolen and he'd been ill in bed all day! He was a bit of a headcase for sure...

Master
    [QUOTE
    I had a love of 3 cylinder 500/750's in my youth but they were all Kawasakis. The BSA is an entirely different beast!

![/QUOTE]

The rocket threes and the triumph trident of that era are beautiful sounding bikes on wind up - the boom and rip is a joy to hear !!

Good taste.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    [QUOTE

!

The rocket threes and the triumph trident of that era are beautiful sounding bikes on wind up - the boom and rip is a joy to hear !!

Good taste.

B[/QUOTE]
    Thanks guys,

The noise from these bikes is the closest you will get to a Spitfire on two wheels!

Two Rocket Threes (Jukebox and Classic Bike)

Love the BSA!

The earlier bikes with the full Ogle beans of ray gun silencer and bread bin tank are just so super-cool.