closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Uncle Seiko GL831

Uncle Seiko GL831

I’ve just received this, and thought I might make some very brief comments.

The Seiko GL831, long out of production was the strap fitted to 6309 / 7548 models, the nearest contemporary Seiko strap is the DAL1BP, although it’s long for those of us with 6.75 inch wrists. Uncle Seiko now produces a “reissue” of the GL831. I’ve had a great experience with their version of the “Tropic”.

My SBBN007 came with a DAL1BP, a nice strap, far better than the Z22, although too long. I ordered the 831 mainly for the better length, although yesterday my DAL1BP unexpectedly fractured, lucky the watch didn’t fall!

The Uncle Seiko strap arrived today, and the initial impression wasn’t that great as the buckle was reversed

Easy fix with a spring bar tool

It’s shorter than the DAL1BP, which is fractured through the vent nearest the buckle.

In place:

Thickness is 2.3mm as opposed to 2.5 for the DAL1BP, and it feels more supple

I think this is a great strap for 7548, 6309, and although my Tuna and the SKX007 never had the original 831, it would suit them too.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 29th September 2020 at 21:51.

Craftsman
    Thanks for sharing.

Have you tried the Zuludiver flat vent? If so how do you think these compare?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Have you tried the Zuludiver flat vent? If so how do you think these compare?

Cheers.
    I haven’t tried it, although I understand the 284 is a great strap

The US831 is 12mm shorter overall, which for the slim of wrist like me makes a useful difference

D

The 284 is a great and flexible strap overall. And it has that vanilla accent that is wonderful.
    I have DAL1BP but it is stiffer then 284 flat vent

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Master
    Got one of these for my restored 7548 last year and think they are really comfortable. I was surprised that the hard wear is gun metal grey/bead blasted. Was this the norm on the original straps? Been tempted to source a different buckle for it.

I must admit I've been a bit disappointed with most Uncle Seiko items. Poor finishing, broken clasps, flimsy rubber and now your reversed buckle. Fur coat and no knickers.

Master
    I have one on my H558 very nice

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I must admit I've been a bit disappointed with most Uncle Seiko items. Poor finishing, broken clasps, flimsy rubber and now your reversed buckle. Fur coat and no knickers.
    The buckle was sloppy

Early days of course, but it has the right look and feels good. I have the Uncle Seiko Tropic on my SKX007, and I like that a lot.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Got one of these for my restored 7548 last year and think they are really comfortable. I was surprised that the hard wear is gun metal grey/bead blasted. Was this the norm on the original straps? Been tempted to source a different buckle for it.
    Although I don’t know, the finish is the same as my Tuna shroud, so I’m ok with that

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Although I don’t know, the finish is the same as my Tuna shroud, so I’m ok with that

D

I see. Looks a good match for the tuna.

I have one on my 6306, purchased to replace my original 381 strap for general wear duties. Very happy with it and I find it to be my most comfortable rubber strap.

Own one of these rubber straps and have always found it very comfy on my SKX009. Tried the WatchGecko version and didn’t like it as much if I’m honest.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up,just ordered mine.Now to find the 6306 to fit it to.