closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Salary sacrifice for vehicle and pensionable pay

Salary sacrifice for vehicle and pensionable pay

Does anyone know if a salary sacrifice scheme for a car will affect pensionable pay, when contracted hours include non-pensionable work?

There has been an explosion of Jaguar iPace, Audi eTron, Tesla amongst my work colleagues, and looking at NHS fleet, the net cost of these is about £300 per month, which looks like a steal

I know salary sacrifice reduces pensionable pay, but I am contracted to 48h a week (12x4h sessions), and only the first 10 of these (40h). Are pensionable They way I read it, the car salary sacrifice would use up half of one of the extra sessions gross, so wouldn’t impinge on pensionable pay. Have I got that right? I don’t know if the sacrifice affects pensionable pay irrespective of contracted extra work

Grateful for any insights

Many thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had an answer via an NHS forum. It does reduce pensionable pay.

D

Master
    Thought that salary sacrifice for "company" cars was being done away with:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...rom-april-2017

"Employees enrolled in a car, accommodation or school fee salary sacrifice agreement, before 6 April 2017, will be protected until the end date of their agreement, or until 5 April 2021, whichever is sooner."

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I guess your NHS pension is now career averaged rather than final salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Ah, I guess your NHS pension is now career averaged rather than final salary.
    Not quite. First 25 years were based on best salary for the last 3 years, but everything from 2015 was career average. There is a consultation where I might get to opt back in to the old scheme from 2015-21

Prices are unbelievable, a Tesla 3 is £310 inc insurance and serving. I’m working on a man-maths spreadsheet. I think I will lose £2200 pension growth per year, but might trigger an annual allowance charge at the end.

D

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Thought that salary sacrifice for "company" cars was being done away with:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...rom-april-2017

"Employees enrolled in a car, accommodation or school fee salary sacrifice agreement, before 6 April 2017, will be protected until the end date of their agreement, or until 5 April 2021, whichever is sooner."
    I think ULEV will continue, partly to incentivise them. BIK is 0%

D

Master
    Who do NHS fleet use as a provider? My wifes scheme is with Tusker and the deals are nowhere near that good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    At your age you might have a good chance of reverting to final salary imo - just a thought. If you are likely to hit the maximum pension pot before you retire then perhaps the salary sacrifice won't actually affect your pension because the pot will be maxed out anyway?