closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mystery lost 7 Hours - CWC quartz diver issue

Mystery lost 7 Hours - CWC quartz diver issue

Strange one... but my CWC SBS has been sat on my desk and it is running 7 hours slow! Ticking away... but lost a large amount.

I reset it and it's beek ok now for 8 hours or more.

Anyone ever seen that on a quartz? Low battery? The watch is March 2020, so I'd have expected the battery to last a LOT longer than that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Strange one... but my CWC SBS has been sat on my desk and it is running 7 hours slow! Ticking away... but lost a large amount.

I reset it and it's beek ok now for 8 hours or more.

Anyone ever seen that on a quartz? Low battery? The watch is March 2020, so I'd have expected the battery to last a LOT longer than that.
    Any UFO sightings or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Any UFO sightings or similar?
    No - and no strange marks on the back of my neck either

A low battery causes the second hand to jump a couple of seconds.Is this happening? If not then it possibly needs to go back to CWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    A low battery causes the second hand to jump a couple of seconds.Is this happening? If not then it possibly needs to go back to CWC.
    No - its ticking away as normal in 1s intervals. I'll keep an eye to it this coming week. Plenty of warranty left thankfully.

Sounds like the battery may not be seated fully to me..

I've had this before, i don't think the new CWC diver's come fitted with a battery retaining spring.

You can buy them from Cousin's, fitting one should solve the problem.

Here is one fitted to the battery below:

Last edited by senraw; 28th September 2020 at 07:36.

Craftsman
    My 2018 quartz diver did something similar. I noticed on a couple of occasions that it had lost 10 or 15 minutes. A quick examination showed that a gentle tap would make it stop ticking, and a further tap would start it again. I sent it back to CWC under warranty and they repaired it without hesitation, however it took 12 weeks to do so.

Weird.

My new CWC diver stopped a couple of hours after I received it on Friday.

A tap on the glass got it going again but it's on its way back to Silverman's for replacement.

They thought it might have been misaligned hands but it was stuck at 15:00.30 so I can't see how
    Last edited by acg; 28th September 2020 at 13:25.

Strange indeed.... I'd take the back off and fit a spring but will hold off since its under warranty. If it happens once more... it'll go back.

I had the same issue with my 2015 SBS and it was resolved by purchasing and fitting a combined movement/battery retainer from Silvermans that is now used on the newer versions. I’m pretty sure that all pre-2013 models had the battery retainer fitted. You would think they would have kept it considering the expectations of such a watch.