closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: William and Son Administration

William and Son Administration

https://www.williamandson.com

Mr Asprey’s William and Sons are in Administration, a very nice shop that was a interesting place to have a wander round and look at things you can’t afford.

Walked past it a few days ago, and the shop was stripped clean and all signage removed.

Sad to see, but off the beaten Bond Street track, rather obscure stock, and a little too snooty, so it comes as no surprise.

I'm a long term fan of Aspreys, but I know they've been teetering on the edge for years.

Evolution of the exclusive high street!

I’m frequently in the West End and I hadn’t even heard of them. Must have been too “exclusive” for the shop to have been on my radar. One of those places where you have to want to burn money to shop in? I’d be surprised if they weren’t struggling before this crisis as they seem to have gone into administration pretty quickly. Maybe lack of rich tourists pushed them over the edge?

Any shop that relied on well off tourist trade would be a concern at the moment.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’m frequently in the West End and I hadn’t even heard of them. Must have been too “exclusive” for the shop to have been on my radar. One of those places where you have to want to burn money to shop in? I’d be surprised if they weren’t struggling before this crisis as they seem to have gone into administration pretty quickly. Maybe lack of rich tourists pushed them over the edge?

Any shop that relied on well off tourist trade would be a concern at the moment.
    Saw this a while ago whilst browsing for Moser retailers, just Harrods remains now. Re the bit of yours I bolded, I recall at the time being curious enough to take a look at their accounts, it was eyebrow raising to say the least and seemed to be an ongoing issue over several years and suggested you are spot on.

It is a shame they have gone. There aren't many places where they actively encouraged you to try on £100k De Bethunes, Journe's and Laurant Ferriers. I used to love popping in there for a gander.

I note that Harrods now close at 7pm...was 9pm pre-Covid. Used to enjoy my after-dinner browse on the walk back to my hotel (avoiding the watch muggers, of course!).

Journeyman
    That's a shame.. Sad end for a much respected brand. Must admit I only ever bought any of their stuff at a big discount at the Game Fair etc.