closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Viewing forum on Microsoft Edge

Viewing forum on Microsoft Edge

I know nothing about web browsers so bear with me. When I'm viewing this forum on PC on Microsoft Edge. I can never access the top two threads on any forum. It doesn't allow me to click through. Third down and below is fine but not the top two.

Anyone any idea why and what the solution might be? (other than switching browsers)

Are you using Edge Chromium or the original version of Edge? I’ve not noticed any issue with the latest version of Edge Chromium.

I'm using MS Edge (ChrEdge) and am not seeing the issue you describe. As above, if you're on the older version of edge install the latest, it's actually very good.

Yes, using the chromium edge. Bit of a mystery then.

Why use that browser? Any specific reason?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Why use that browser? Any specific reason?
    Edge Chromium is a great browser. It’s faster and less intrusive than Chrome and uses the same extensions.

I haven't explored ( ) Edge Chromium but the previous instances were rather poor and very few websites even bothered to optimise for them.
    Compatibility issues is probably to be ruled out here as others do not have the problem. As to less intrusive... Than Chrome, yes, easy to do, but Microsoft is no angel either.

Blog Entries
    I have the same issue in Chrome - usually if a thread is "busy" and at the top of the forum, I won't be able to click it i.e. it's not a link. 3rd or 4th onwards seem ok.

If there haven't been any updates then the thread is clickable, even if it's at the top.

Very strange, as I never have an issue viewing the forum on my Android phone via the web.

Viewing forum on Microsoft Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I know nothing about web browsers so bear with me. When I'm viewing this forum on PC on Microsoft Edge. I can never access the top two threads on any forum. It doesn't allow me to click through. Third down and below is fine but not the top two.

Anyone any idea why and what the solution might be? (other than switching browsers)
    I suffer exactly the same issue, and use Edge - I have to catch up with those top two threads at a later date when they drop down the list

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    I use the site with javascript disabled to get round all these bugs
    Excuse my ignorance (which is extensive) but how do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance (which is extensive) but how do you do that?
    You can get an add on from Add-ons store.
    Just click tab that looks like (....) then click extensions and search for java script and choose one. The first or second one look easy enough to use.

Probably the second one JavaScript Toggle on and Off would be all you need because you don't want to turn it off permanently as it can effect many other site's. So just when you need it turn it on.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by sickie; 28th September 2020 at 10:59.

Not sure for MS Edge but disabling Javascript is usually in your Security preferences

I had the same problem. Went to settings. Privacy. Search and services. Put tracking onto strict. Seemed to do the job

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    You can get an add on from Add-ons store.
    Just click tab that looks like (....) then click extensions and search for java script and choose one. The first or second one look easy enough to use.

Probably the second one JavaScript Toggle on and Off would be all you need because you don't want to turn it off permanently as it can effect many other site's. So just when you need it turn it on.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    That worked thanks!