closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Forstner Flat-Link bracelet

Craftsman

Forstner Flat-Link bracelet

Attention all Speedy Pro owners - Forstner has now released its flat link bracelets. Here’s a link:

https://forstnerbands.com/products/f...=shopify_email

Keen to hear if anyone has purchased one. I bought one of the uncle Seiko versions a few months ago and was not impressed. I’m hoping this is the answer. Solid links (especially end-links), spring loaded “stretchy” links - looks good for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Forstner are a stand up company, the JB Champ reissue was very good. Regarding the flat link though, solid end links are a bit of an issue since the fitment is slightly different for the multitude of 19 and 20mm models over the past 70 years. What fits the Trilogy doesn't usually fit the FOIS for instance.

Out of interest, what were your issues with the Uncle Seiko offerings. While I find them rattly and light, I think they are pretty good and a viable alternative to the 4 figure originals. Even the US offerings don't fit perfectly straight out the box so I fear for the solid end link versions from Forstner.
    Last edited by Padders; 26th September 2020 at 21:33.

Craftsman
    Padders I found the end links on the uncle Seiko had a real go at eating my watch case. Perhaps that’s my fault rather than the bracelet’s. I also found the bracelet a bit too rattly for my liking.

Master
    Rattly they are to a certain extent. But that is reflective of the originals which are pretty crappy. As you say it will be interesting to compare to the two compare but the fitment issues do worry me.

Craftsman
    I see one of these sold on SC recently. I’d love some feedback on the new bracelets from anyone who has bought one!!!

I bought one from SC recently
    It’s a nice strap with a vintage feel. It fits my speedy perfectly
    They only think I would say it’s a pain to resize like all collar and pin links

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I bought one from SC recently
    It’s a nice strap with a vintage feel. It fits my speedy perfectly
    They only think I would say it’s a pain to resize like all collar and pin links
    Interesting... on the back of the SC thread I bought one new. Mine doesn't have collar and pin link fittings. It has screw fittings (which I also find a pain) - they've double ended and I haven't got a fixed/mounted screwdriver so have tried to hold one in one end and then unscrew the other. So far the threadlock has proved stronger than my ability to hold one screwdriver and turn the other. It's not a huge issue as the full length is only a smidge too big for me but it does mean that I don't really use the stretchy/comfort links.

More generally I'd say that the attraction of this bracelet - vintage look and feel - is also its downside. It is a bit tinny and I struggle with the clasp a little. I've never seen the Uncle Seiko version but the end links on that one, particularly the tabs in contact with the bottom of the case put me off. No matter how careful you are metal on metal + movement = marking.

it wears very comfortably and the tinniness is only really noticeable (to me at least) when it's off the wrist.

ignore me I am an idiot I bought an uncle Seiko !!!!!! So everything I have written is total bollix.
    I have a Forstner ‘JB Champion’ that is now on my Airman. So many straps so many watches.
    Sorry for the confusion OP I get confused easily... What day is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Interesting... on the back of the SC thread I bought one new. Mine doesn't have collar and pin link fittings. It has screw fittings (which I also find a pain) - they've double ended and I haven't got a fixed/mounted screwdriver so have tried to hold one in one end and then unscrew the other...

I bought one of these Forstner Flat Link Bracelets about a month ago and its superb. It really is. I opted for the fully brushed option. My comments;

• The spring links are excellent and make it extremely comfortable.
    • Adjustment is very easy. The bracelet comes with two screwdrivers and the links are held by double screwed pins. Makes a huge improvement to push fit pins and you can check them all to make sure they are fully secure.
    • The JB Triangle Logo is cool and it looks the part.
    • The SELs are very well made and feel very secure and solid.
    • The bracelet sort of sparkles as you move your wrist/arm and it really catches the eye.

Highly recommended. I'm afraid my photography dosent do it justice but here it is...

Master

Forstner Flat-Link bracelet

Got mine yesterday. Half an hour to fit and size. Really pleased with it:) Thanks Darren at Vintage Omega .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stilgoe1972; 23rd January 2021 at 20:38.

Yep love mine on my CK2998

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Yep love mine on my CK2998

That looks fantastic

I have a question for those better informed. I assume the authentic version of this bracelet was polished outer links and brushed inner links?

I noted Forstner sell a fully brushed version too. I prefer less polish so just deciding between what I think is an authentic look or a preferred all brushed finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn’t be to worried just choose the one you prefer or matches better with tour watch.

I would have gone for the fully brushed as it is more practical but as the lugs on my CK2998 are polished, I thought the polished and brushed bracelet would match better and it does.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Personally I wouldn’t be to worried just choose the one you prefer or matches better with tour watch.

I would have gone for the fully brushed as it is more practical but as the lugs on my CK2998 are polished, I thought the polished and brushed bracelet would match better and it does.
    I was thinking the same. Will probably do the same. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    I have a question for those better informed. I assume the authentic version of this bracelet was polished outer links and brushed inner links?

I noted Forstner sell a fully brushed version too. I prefer less polish so just deciding between what I think is an authentic look or a preferred all brushed finish.

The brush finish on these Forstner bracelets isint a dull industrial finish. My one is a 'bright brush' compared to a lot of other similar finishes in my collection.

Thanks. I’ve gone for the brushed and polished combo

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Thanks. I’ve gone for the brushed and polished combo

Perfect!