closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Modded Rolex Submariner Repair Options?

Modded Rolex Submariner Repair Options?

I have a Rolex Submariner 114060 that has a yachtmaster second hand, brushed case sides and a blasted bezel. It's a little over 5 years old but wouldn't have been covered by warranty anyway.

Today I set it (approx 1:20pm), went out, came home at 5pm looked at the watch and it was stopped at 3:20pm. I don't remember whacking it or anything that would cause it to stop but it's stopped. I've given it a wind and a wiggle and it's still stopped. So it needs a repair and service.

As there is no need for it to be serviced by Rolex and possible complications if it was to be, I'm guessing an independent is my best option but I have no idea who to use.

Who do you recommend?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I have a Rolex Submariner 114060 that has a yachtmaster second hand, brushed case sides and a blasted bezel. It's a little over 5 years old but wouldn't have been covered by warranty anyway.

Today I set it (approx 1:20pm), went out, came home at 5pm looked at the watch and it was stopped at 3:20pm. I don't remember whacking it or anything that would cause it to stop but it's stopped. I've given it a wind and a wiggle and it's still stopped. So it needs a repair and service.

As there is no need for it to be serviced by Rolex and possible complications if it was to be, I'm guessing an independent is my best option but I have no idea who to use.

Who do you recommend?
    It’s knackered. I’ll give you £5k for it as a favour.....

On a serious note, any pics???

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Do you happen to know if he's a member here? I'll PM him. If not, I'll contact him via the website.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It’s knackered. I’ll give you £5k for it as a favour.....

On a serious note, any pics???
    The best pics are actually of the watch are actually on here already on the sales post I bought it from but I'll dig some out later when I'm on a computer.

So you’ve got it! Glad it’s still on the forum.

Duncan at Genesis is your man

Do you happen to know if he's a member here? I'll PM him. If not, I'll contact him via the website.

The best pics are actually of the watch are actually on here already on the sales post I bought it from but I'll dig some out later when I'm on a computer.
    Duncan's not on the forum but he'll do an excellent job.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Brendan, webwatchmaker. I'm always amazed with what he does.

Another recommendation for Genesis, would also recommend Robert Reeves - absolute gentleman and Rolex Accredited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I hunted the thread down (pitbull666) but pics are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I hunted the thread down (pitbull666) but pics are gone.
    I'm sure I kept a local copy of them and am 70% certain I've reposted them on here on another thread but can't find them anywhere.

It's my favourite watch but probably my least photographed one but here's one of mine. I really should get some decent pics of it when it comes back from repair.

Blog Entries
    I'm sure I kept a local copy of them and am 70% certain I've reposted them on here on another thread but can't find them anywhere.

It's my favourite watch but probably my least photographed one but here's one of mine. I really should get some decent pics of it when it comes back from repair.

I like that, just a little different from the norm!

I’ve always liked this as well but now prices are ballistic I’d never have the heart or the bottle.....

https://monochrome-watches.com/tempu...ve-pics-price/

Tempting me to post a “show your modified Rolex” thread......

Lovely looking thing. I am not 100% sure about the red second hand but the rest is very appealing
    Good luck with the repairs.

Master
    That is a good looking watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Could also look at Rocco from Watchworks Bristol. Independent and Rolex accredited.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Could also look at Rocco from Watchworks Bristol. Independent and Rolex accredited.
    Good call. It was Rocco who did the case brushing and swapped the second hand.

Bizarrely when I was a student in Bristol in the last '80s I has a part time job in an off-licence that I'm sure is where Watchworks is now. If it's not the same property, it's the one next door.

Who do you recommend?

Would whoever did the modification be able to service it?

Craftsman
    Fantastc looking watch! Hope you get it sorted and working again soon.

That's nicer than the look of a standard Sub. The less blingy bezel finish and other mods look great.
    Last edited by j111dja; 28th September 2020 at 10:25.

Fabulous modifications. In my mind it would reach perfection if two or three lines of script were removed below the hands. If such were possible I would seriously consider having my 114060 modded

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory;[URL="tel:5542786"
    5542786[/URL]]Good call. It was Rocco who did the case brushing and swapped the second hand.

Bizarrely when I was a student in Bristol in the last '80s I has a part time job in an off-licence that I'm sure is where Watchworks is now. If it's not the same property, it's the one next door.

Excellent shout, serviced my ExpII earlier this year and I plan to send him my GMT when coffers allow.