closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap for 70's Seamaster

Master

Strap for 70's Seamaster

Have just sent off my father's old Seamaster to Omega. The bracelet is shot so when it comes back I intended putting it on a leather strap for him. I'm struggling for ideas.

Could the collective wisdom of TZ UK recommend something for me? I'd rather not spend a fortune buying an Omega strap.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Master
    Apologies for the poor photo. The watch is with Omega now so I cannot take any more.

Any ideas for a suitable strap would be welcome. It won't be worn in water. I was thinking maybe black or brown crocodile?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Apologies for the poor photo. The watch is with Omega now so I cannot take any more.

Any ideas for a suitable strap would be welcome. It won't be worn in water. I was thinking maybe black or brown crocodile?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think Black Croc would look nice or something less shiny in Black. Are there any Hirsch or simlar strap stands at your local timpson / key cutter / shoemakers? Bring the watch down and you can hold it up! I'm sure you will but hold on to the bracelet it is on as it could easily pay for the new one (even an omega leather strap!)

Journeyman
    I’ve ordered a few shell cordovan straps from this chap. Great quality and ages well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353039320364

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    A Martu vintage strap would be my choice. Not cheap and take a while to travel from Chile but her straps are really good handmade quality. Also available to order in different sizes.

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p...m1511-c1.html#

Failing that there are replacement bracelets available which match the old one pretty well at reasonable cost.

How about the Di Modell Marengo (https://ukwatchstrap.co.uk/DiModell-...Black-AH0.html)?

Master
    When I read the title of the thread I was thinking ‘diver’ but this is more dressy (is it 18mm?). Nevertheless, I would suggest a Di Modell shark strap for a fairly robust yet very fine finish strap with a bit of texture. For a similar but thinner alternative there’s a Darlena shark, which is very refined yet has some texture. Don’t confuse either of these with Hirsch or most other sharkskin style leather straps which are much more rugged in appearance.

Thanks to Tom's post I've spent the last twenty minutes searching for Darlena straps. It seems they are an English company supplying to the trade and have little online presence. Whilst unable to find their shark strap (but I'm happy with my Di Modell sharkskin straps) Darlena's Puccini range look good and I found an online supplier...link. Navy blue lizard strap anyone...?

i hope this isn't hijacking, but i have a similar question: i had a vintage air king on a 20mm hirsch strap that was quite thick, which sort of gave the 34mm a bit more wrist presence. I cant find a similar strap now, would welcome any recommendations...

Have you considered an aftermarket oyster style bracelet? I sometimes wear my ‘69 Seamaster on a cheap one from the bay, even though I have the original bracelet in good condition. Gives the watch an interesting character, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by socolinsky View Post
    Have you considered an aftermarket oyster style bracelet? I sometimes wear my ‘69 Seamaster on a cheap one from the bay, even though I have the original bracelet in good condition. Gives the watch an interesting character, I think.

That looks excellent and a pragmatic solution.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk