closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock GW-5000 Steel

Master

G-Shock GW-5000 Steel

Hello,

Just found in my safe is the above watch; I have no recollection of having acquired it.

It’s quite weighty and has a stainless steel back and the code ‘3159’; made in Japan.

Do these have radio controlled time? I’ve left it in the window and it’s duly charged up and started working, but after several days still displays the wrong time.

Maybe I’m thinking of a different g-shock but I’m sure I had one that just set the correct time itself.

Cheers

Yes, it should synch. Check that it is set to LON as home timezone. (Hold top left button down until 3 letter city code is flashing in upper right of display, use the buttons on the right to cycle it until is shows LON if it didn't already.) I had to do that with my wife's G (not a 5000) when it had been completely out of charge, they seem to need to know they're in the right zone to listen for the radio signal, as they seem to default to TYO (Tokyo) and are therefore listening for the Japanese signal.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post

Just found in my safe is the above watch; I have no recollection of having acquired it.
    Brilliant

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Brilliant
    We’ve all done it, right?!

Also found a yellow Tag Aquaracer that I thought I sold about 5 years ago! Wearing it now - it’s awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Yes, it should synch. Check that it is set to LON as home timezone. (Hold top left button down until 3 letter city code is flashing in upper right of display, use the buttons on the right to cycle it until is shows LON if it didn't already.) I had to do that with my wife's G (not a 5000) when it had been completely out of charge, they seem to need to know they're in the right zone to listen for the radio signal, as they seem to default to TYO (Tokyo) and are therefore listening for the Japanese signal.
    Brilliant, thanks. I think you’re right as I set it to London this morning and just went to check it, and it’s now magically synced!

Brilliant, thanks. I think you’re right as I set it to London this morning and just went to check it, and it’s now magically synced!
    Cool! I found that out the hard way when I couldn't get my wife's to synch :-)
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Also found a yellow Tag Aquaracer that I thought I sold about 5 years ago! Wearing it now - it’s awesome!
    Ha ha, that’s hilarious!
    Anything else lurking deep in that safe?!