closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School Illness in These Times

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Half term this week, so I've used the last of my spare holidays to take the week off, have some nice days out.
    Email today, confirmed covid case in my sons class, he has to stay home and isolate for 2 weeks. Bloody great.
    Guess we'll be taking it in turns to take his sister out, while the other stays home with him all week. Xbox gonna take a pounding
    Although they are considering changing the ‘rules’ to seven days, which indicates that seven days isolation is more than adequate?!?

And actually, could you not go out as a family but just keep away from everyone else?

Keeping a child indoors for 14 days is cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Although they are considering changing the ‘rules’ to seven days, which indicates that seven days isolation is more than adequate?!?
    I think the situation is that seven days isn’t adequate but more likely to be effective as more people will stick to 7 days whereas they are ‘casual’, for want of a better word, about 14.

Blog Entries
    Mid term has ended here.

Roll call this morning (You need to contact the office before 7AM when you're not able to come to school): 10 out of 70 colleagues are at home with Covid-related issues. Not sure yet if it's 'simply' quarantine or real symptoms. Among them a 64 y/o teacher and a pregnant female teacher...

Menno

EDIT: I must add that we enforce a strict 'mask-policy'. No mask = not welcome. Only one parent objected. That kid is home-schooled at the moment. We'd expected more problems with that. All classrooms were installed with AV media for Teams last week: a camera facing the whiteboard & teacher who's wearing a microphone. All school assignments are online in SomToday (Originally Norwegian software for schools) and kids have 'a standing Teams invitation' for all hours, all classes. So when you're at home, you can join the lesson. Teachers must have their lessons in Powerpoint so that it can be uploaded to SomToday.

At least one teacher is working from home: she's not allowed in school due to her recovery from severe pneumonia. We're not taking chances with her health. Kids have to join her Teams lesson in the next few minutes. They are still at home and they're expected to be at school around 10:30. I'm invited by the teacher to Teams as well and will join them (only audio) to oversee/overhear what happens: is everybody accounted for? No funny(...) jokes etc. If that happens, there will be a not-so-friendly conversation with the 'perp' later today.

This whole Covid thing makes me do new things, 20 days before I retire!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 26th October 2020 at 08:09.

Both my kids are off school for the next week. No significant cases at their schools recently.

My niece, who is 30 and a nurse, has contracted covid along with 14 other nurses at her hospital on non-covid wards.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    My sons school has been great, as normal as possible but with staggered entry / exit times to reduce crowding, a one way system during pickup again to reduce crowding, mandatory masks for any adult on the premises and kids go in in their PE kit if they are due a PE lesson. So far I've not heard of any cases in the school this term.
    Everyone follows the rules.
    We are supposedly a high risk household, I have some medical issues (under control via medication) and my wife is a nurse however she has had CV-19 already and we isolated for 2+ weeks and both myself and my daughter (at home doing uni lectures online) both believe we had it at the start of the year (classic cough, temperature and loss of taste / smell) although at the time there was no testing as this was pre-lockdown so can't say for sure.

If I had just my own observations to go on (no one in my monkeysphere has been severely effected) I'd say it's a storm in a teacup but having heard what my wife has had to deal with at work I understand that what I can personally observe is not the whole story and that there need to be measures in place to protect us all. Unfortunately this government are the masters of imprecise, vacuous twaddle.