closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disney Vacation Club

Disney Vacation Club

Random topic for a watch forum but I thought I would see if any of you guys with families were members of Disney Vacation Club?

Basically it’s a time share scheme run by Disney and is points based. I usually go to Florida at least once per year and have young kids who will be Disney mad for the next 10 years or so. I’ve been tempted a few times but I think I’m going to take the plunge and was wondering whether anyone in here had any experience with it?

Craftsman
    Do you reckon a decent comfortable holiday will be able to be taken next year? I can’t see it, however much I’d like one.

When were you thinking of joining from?

Master
    Not a member but I have been round some of the apartments and hotels. Tbh they are Disneyfided timeshare. The Animal Kingdom Lodge timeshare side has less features than the hotel side for instance. I believe you can sell or bank the points to be more flexible in what you want to do.

I would be buying a resale contract rather than a new one from Disney so a lot more reasonably priced.

Essentially the way I am looking at things is that you can bank, sell and borrow from an upcoming year points wise. This gives added flexibility and I’m thinking about it more as a long term buy rather than the short term (I.e travelling next year for example isn’t a major issue)

I have been to most of the Disney resorts but only stayed at their value sites as cost wise it just gets ridiculous. An example would be a two week stay at their Old Key West resort which would cost around £7k for the accommodation alone. With the membership I would be able to have an equivalent holiday every other year for the next 20 years for an initial outlay of £12k and approx £800 a year in maintenance. It just seems to add up but I don’t know whether I’m using “man maths” to justify it.