closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Eufycam owners? Wireless range question...

Craftsman

Any Eufycam owners? Wireless range question...

Hi all,

I have a question for the Eufycam system owners here on the forum.

How do you find the range and signal strength?

I’m looking for a wireless CCTV system for the house, with one camera to monitor the car parked out the front, and another above the garage which is at the end of the garden (it’s a shared car park/garage area with 4 other new builds)

The distance between the front door and the garage is almost exactly 20 meters, and with the Eufy HomeBase 2 being wireless I could place this halfway between the two cameras.

Having watched and read some reviews of the Eufycam system it seems like a pretty solid bet, the app has a strong feature set and the local storage means there’s no need for a subscription.

My only concern is the signal quality over that range. The Eufy website claims “300ft if it has a direct line of sight”, my concern is how drastically does that degrade with walls and other WiFi and radio signals in place...

Appreciate any comments from those with the same system

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV

Blog Entries
    I recently replaced my Arlo system with a Eufy set up, and have found it to be excellent. It gives better picture quality and the battery life is excellent. In terms of range I would not expect you to have any issues over the distances that you are talking about. As you say there are some excellent features and I have been very impressed thus far.

I’ve got 5 Eufycam 2 cameras and a doorbell. All work really well around our 4 bedroom house. I put the base upstairs to get maximum coverage. The reception is affected more by walls than distance.

The app is really good with regular updates. Notifications come through very quickly.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 25th September 2020 at 17:54.

I have an introduce a friend code if you want to get £40 off when you spend £200. I get £40 too.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies gents! That’s reassuring, I wasn’t convinced it’d be an issue but always worth checking.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV