closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: UK Travel & Covid

Master

UK Travel & Covid

Hello,

Sorry if this is a daft question. Leaving aside the health risk considerations, purely from a lawful perspective, is travel to Scotland currently allowed? I am thinking of a several day break via car to one of the Isles.

I avoid the news like the plague so am not really up to speed with the new lockdown rules, and couldn't find a clear answer via google.

Thanks.

Currently yes all OK, but perhaps some islands can set their own entry requirements? Worth checking in advance.

Just returned from Islay having driven up there. It's worth checking the exact places you want to go though as some of the towns do begin to shut down outside of peak: e.g. the only pub in Port Ellen was due to shut this week and the main hotel there was also shutting in October until at least February 2021.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 25th September 2020 at 12:33.

The islanders can't govern who visits, but if you are going by ferry, Calmac have been introducing rules to stop some visitors.

Scottish restrictions are published and you can check your proposed activities to see if they are legal. I was to visit my home on Skye next week, but my brother is there so now I can't as households can't mingle.

As a Sgiathanach I can tell you that the locals are divided about visitors. Those that rely on it for a living want it, but lots of others resent it. The island communities are many hours from hospitals and have an elderly population. In the current climate it's worth being extra careful if you go.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    The islanders can't govern who visits, but if you are going by ferry, Calmac have been introducing rules to stop some visitors.

Scottish restrictions are published and you can check your proposed activities to see if they are legal. I was to visit my home on Skye next week, but my brother is there so now I can't as households can't mingle.

As a Sgiathanach I can tell you that the locals are divided about visitors. Those that rely on it for a living want it, but lots of others resent it. The island communities are many hours from hospitals and have an elderly population. In the current climate it's worth being extra careful if you go.
    I found the Islay folk extraordinarily friendly and pleased to see us when we were there. Never been to a place where drivers all wave at one another when passing, and walkers and cyclists all acknowledge one another! It was really very lovely.