closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Service Centre U.K Turn Around?

Omega Service Centre U.K Turn Around?

Hi guys.

I want to send my wife’s omega seamaster with the Calibre 2500 off for a service to Omega U.K. I have never sent a watch to them before. Could anyone please advise me with an approximate turn around time from posting it to receiving it back?

Many Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not ask them?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Why not ask them?
    I will do when they open again. I was just interested to know if anyone has had any experiences with omega U.K. servicing. I was thinking about paying an independent to do it but omega prices seem reasonable,plus the added benefit of 2 years warranty. Re the turn around timescale - I need the watch back for a special occasion. Cheers.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I would leave a minimum of 4 weeks but could be 8-10 weeks.

When’s the “special occasion”
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I recently sent my 8500 and was quoted a turn around of 6 - 8 weeks by the AD. It was returned in 3

Sent using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I would leave a minimum of 4 weeks but could be 8-10 weeks.

When’s the “special occasion”
    It’s mid November. Thanks for the info. I will call them today. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    I recently sent my 8500 and was quoted a turn around of 6 - 8 weeks by the AD. It was returned in 3

Sent using Tapatalk
    That sounds promising. Fingers crossed they can get it back to me by mid November! Thanks.

Craftsman
    I would 100 percent use an independent.
    I used omega.
    My Seamaster chrono has just been away for 5 months. £860 light and no updated service cards as promised.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My Seamaster is currently with Simon Freese, not sure how long it will be away, but I also have a Rolex away at service which has been gone for 9 weeks now, so these things aren't quick.

Master
    I use Omega Service Centre for my Seamaster, very pleased with them.

Took 4-6 weeks last time it went for service.

Master
    My old boss put his late fathers 1960s Seamaster (pre covid) and it took 8 weeks. It came back looking like new and he knows that everything inside it is genuine Omega.

Thanks for the comments guys. I’m going to go with the Omega for the peace of mind and warranty/provenance. Il post up how long it takes here when it’s back with me. Best regards.

I'm still going through this exact same thing on my Longines with Swatch Group. What's worse is before I sent it I asked them to make sure I don't have the same problem as my last one which was not being kept update on it's status and it took 4 month's.
    So far it's now been another 4 month's with the exact same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdivedaz View Post
    I would 100 percent use an independent.
    I used omega.
    My Seamaster chrono has just been away for 5 months. £860 light and no updated service cards as promised.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Its based in Southampton. When I did my PO I was able to drop it off and collect which was nice. Obviously depends where you live! but handy for us southerners :)

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Its based in Southampton. When I did my PO I was able to drop it off and collect which was nice. Obviously depends where you live! but handy for us southerners :)
    I spoke to my authorised Omega dealer this morning and they said that they are an omega accredited service agent and that they can do the service in house.

Anyone have any experience using authorised omega dealers VS sending the watch directly to Omega Southampton? Pros cons? If any?

If you want the refurb part to look original then I'd say send it to Omega / Swatch Group because although by my story it can get messy. The one thing I can't complain about is the quality of finishing. You're watch will not only run perfectly it will also look perfect.

I just wish they could sort out the issues of keeping you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I'm still going through this exact same thing on my Longines with Swatch Group. What's worse is before I sent it I asked them to make sure I don't have the same problem as my last one which was not being kept update on it's status and it took 4 month's.
    So far it's now been another 4 month's with the exact same issue.

Wow 4 months, I’m guessing it’s a vintage model? How long did they say it will take. I’m not sure there is much they can do if there isn’t anything to advise.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    I spoke to my authorised Omega dealer this morning and they said that they are an omega accredited service agent and that they can do the service in house.

Anyone have any experience using authorised omega dealers VS sending the watch directly to Omega Southampton? Pros cons? If any?

You can’t drop off at the moment due to COVID restrictions, but contact them and they will send a prepaid package for you to send the watch in. I sent my Breguet in today for service as it is part of the same group and they sent a courier to pick it up. In my experience, their customer service has always been very good and you can talk directly to them. I don’t see any benefit in going via an AD