closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: zilla is back from the dead

zilla is back from the dead

Considering I'm a 36-39mm watch kind of guy I do love a bonkers big lump of tool divers watch from time to time.

Now I purchased an ecozilla around 10 years ago wore it a few time then it went into storage until a few months ago and it was dead.
    I didn't realise they took a capacitor battery ordered one off ebay and fitted it yesterday and the monsters back.

After showing off my Tudor P01 to semi mixed reviews I'd forgotten I had the same when I purchased the zilla.
    Now the zilla I love but it was uncomfortable to wear especially the hard rubber strap, but the design makes me smile and its a tool and a bit. It could be used to knock nails in or as a deadly weapon if attacked by a shark.

Enough of talking about it enjoy the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I remember leaving work early one day and driving 20 miles to buy one of these, I paid around £175, its that vivid in my mind, did they not make a titanium version as well?

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    I remember leaving work early one day and driving 20 miles to buy one of these, I paid around £175, its that vivid in my mind, did they not make a titanium version as well?
    Yes they did make a titanium version I tried it on too but I was never a fan of the colour of titanium (at the time) also the steel version was a lot cheaper.
    I purchased it in Mallorca and the shop gave me the oxygen tank case too as an extra it looked great all set up, sadly the top of the bottle snapped off in transit home.

I owned the autozilla too at one point but preferred the ecozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Baden H View Post
    Yes they did make a titanium version I tried it on too but I was never a fan of the colour of titanium (at the time) also the steel version was a lot cheaper.
    I purchased it in Mallorca and the shop gave me the oxygen tank case too as an extra it looked great all set up, sadly the top of the bottle snapped off in transit home.

I owned the autozilla too at one point but preferred the ecozilla.
    I never did get to try the Titanium but as you said the steel version is a mean thing that could be used as a tool, in the end it proved to much for my puny wrist and I sold it, I still remember it though as a quality bit of kit. One advantage with the ecodrive compared to the Seiko kinetic is there is no rotor to remove to replace the cell, was it an easy task?

Master
    I had one and I love a chunky watch and I love dive watches but I found it so uncomfortable to wear - not sure if it was the band but it literally hurt and just could not get it to sit comfortably
    Now yesterday an Orca arrived at my door - super comfy and light
    Last edited by lewie; 24th September 2020 at 19:18.

Love my 'zilla!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    I got mad love for the 'Zilla' =)

Great pictures!

What did you use to open it up out of curiosity?.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    It was quite easy took the four screws out that hold the strap in place, then I just used a two prong watch opener.
    Because of the deep notches in the case back it felt quite secure, the hardest bit was getting the capacitor out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    It was quite easy took the four screws out that hold the strap in place, then I just used a two prong watch opener.
    Because of the deep notches in the case back it felt quite secure, the hardest bit was getting the capacitor out.

Aha thanks, always wondered how the 5 holed ones could be opened, never thought of using a 2 pronger.

I miss read this thread as ‘cilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Now that gave me a Lora Lora laughs

You can get strap adapters for the Zilla so you can use traditional straps.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    +1!

I had all 3 at once a good few years ago
    The steel the Titanium and the Auto zilla 1000m.
    Awesome watches
    I had the suppa adapters on all mine ,the stock rubber was pretty unwearable.

Should have kept them all ,but you know how it is .
    I too like a massive diver .
    I now have the Solarzilla ,beast of a watch and superbly engineered.

Citizen watches are awesome.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Watch freek; 26th September 2020 at 19:45.

Blog Entries
    I've always been tempted to pull the trigger on one of these... not hugely compared to some pieces... but for years there has been an underlying itch. And it's still not scratched.

I feel that I will own one someday. :)

All different kinds of watch inspire me. That is the beauty of the hobby. And I would like one of these.

I love the fact that you have rescued this too. That is was 'there' but not floating around... and now it is alive after just having a piece fitted.

Lovely and thanks for sharing. :)

Craftsman
    I wish they still made these - would definitely like a closer look. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch freek View Post
    I had all 3 at once a good few years ago
    The steel the Titanium and the Auto zilla 1000m.
    Awesome watches
    I had the suppa adapters on all mine ,the stock rubber was pretty unwearable.

Should have kept them all ,but you know how it is .
    I too like a massive diver .
    I now have the Solarzilla ,beast of a watch and superbly engineered.

Citizen watches are awesome.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    I’d never seen this watch before just looked at a few articles online what a beast! Another watch for me to buy to never wear lol.