closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 150

Thread: Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

  1. #51
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
    That’s a stunning combination!

    As soon as mine arrives I will be throwing it on a leather strap.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It works really well on a strap, black Bulang and Son is my current favourite.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    It works really well on a strap, black Bulang and Son is my current favourite.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh, yeah, that's a sweet combination!

    I ordered two black leather straps from Two Stitch Straps. One is a two stitch and the other is a full stitch. My friend is a big fan of the brand so I decided to take a punt.

  3. #53
    Apprentice Dannacet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    22
    It looks great on so many different straps and bracelets.
    Highlighting just how versatile a watch it is!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    A slightly better shot of mine on a Eulit



    I did resize the bracelet just to see how it wore. It seems too cumbersome and overpowers the watch in my view - though it does look good in photos. On a strap the watch is beautifully compact and unobtrusive whilst still having just the right amount of wrist presence. The bracelet now has the original links refitted and is wrapped in clingfilm and back in the red case.

    This version looks so good I can even forgive the milky ring of apparent in the sapphire crystal
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  5. #55
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    A slightly better shot of mine on a Eulit



    I did resize the bracelet just to see how it wore. It seems too cumbersome and overpowers the watch in my view - though it does look good in photos. On a strap the watch is beautifully compact and unobtrusive whilst still having just the right amount of wrist presence. The bracelet now has the original links refitted and is wrapped in clingfilm and back in the red case.

    This version looks so good I can even forgive the milky ring of apparent in the sapphire crystal
    Looks perfect on the eulit. I’ll have to try them out. I have a watch obsession Perlon which was cheap, it’s alright for the money but nothing special. I’d imagine Eulit would be much better

  6. #56
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Looks perfect on the eulit. I’ll have to try them out. I have a watch obsession Perlon which was cheap, it’s alright for the money but nothing special. I’d imagine Eulit would be much better
    Eulits are genuine perlon - other makes are not and there is no comparison in quality.

    I buy mine from a German seller on eBay by the name of trendart-24 for just over 16 quid posted. Very fast delivery.
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  7. #57
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    A slightly better shot of mine on a Eulit


    That looks great - just my cup of tea. I presume they are now sold out?

  8. #58
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    I believe so.

    More due in December.

    I suspect that they will all be gone in a few minutes as well!


    .

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  9. #59
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Eulits are genuine perlon - other makes are not and there is no comparison in quality.

    I buy mine from a German seller on eBay by the name of trendart-24 for just over 16 quid posted. Very fast delivery.
    Thanks, will look that seller up. I think they’re about €30 direct from Eulit.

  10. #60
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I believe so.

    More due in December.

    I suspect that they will all be gone in a few minutes as well!

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Yes, they're all gone
    500 have been ordered this time so it's possible some may survive their first Sunday.

  11. #61
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mönchengladbach, Germany
    Posts
    59

    Talking

    Any photos of the 40mm version on different straps?

  12. #62
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638
    Not a 40mm but another shot of mine with lume on display.



    How is everyone else finding the performance of theirs? Mine was running a little slow, but since the weekend it is absolutely bang on!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Master chris2982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Incursore View Post
    Any photos of the 40mm version on different straps?
    40mm on leather and NATO.

    Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Journeyman fm.tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    England, England
    Posts
    135

    Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    How is everyone else finding the performance of theirs? Mine was running a little slow, but since the weekend it is absolutely bang on!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Expedition is running about 9 sec slow per day. I've not owned a mechanical watch before, and not knowing if it's fully wound feels strange. I think my next watch will be a manual wind.

    How do you get such a good lume picture?

  15. #65
    Journeyman fogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    How is everyone else finding the performance of theirs? Mine was running a little slow, but since the weekend it is absolutely bang on!
    Mine settled at 0-1s fast while wearing during the day and 2-3s fast resting face up overnight.

  16. #66
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638

    Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

    Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    My Expedition is running about 9 sec slow per day. I've not owned a mechanical watch before, and not knowing if it's fully wound feels strange. I think my next watch will be a manual wind.

    How do you get such a good lume picture?
    You can always wind the expedition, but if you are wearing it all day it will be sufficiently wound.
    Mine ran slow to start with but is now showing exactly the same timekeeping as when I put it on at the weekend. Very impressive.

    Lume shot was just with my phone after stepping in from the sunshine!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #67
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Mine settled at 0-1s fast while wearing during the day and 2-3s fast resting face up overnight.
    Can’t argue with that!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #68
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    Mine is running at +4s a day


    .

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  19. #69
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    I wear it 24/7

    Like to wear a watch in bed


    .

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  20. #70
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mönchengladbach, Germany
    Posts
    59
    Mine just arrived today. LOVE IT.
    But one thing I was stunned by the most - that bracelet. It had to go off.
    I love tapering and this one could go well with 22 to 18 or even 16, but this was way way off for my taste.
    Superbly engineered, just too bulky.

    I hope Eddie will offer 22mm riveted tapered bracelet with small clasp. I would get that in a second.

    Thankfully it's a strap monster so here we go:







    Last edited by Incursore; 8th October 2020 at 17:54.

  21. #71
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tweed Heads, Australia
    Posts
    96
    What brand is the brown leather? Looks great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Catonsville, MD
    Posts
    4
    If we're sharing watch band shots - earlier this year there were some pictures posted of me working in the lab with my gen2 PRS-25 on [ here ]. I've had a great experience with custom straps from finwatchstraps.com. The one in the pic is Badalassi Carlo "Tundra" leather, which has a bit of green/grey in the brown - it's wearing very well, and has worn in perfectly for my tastes. I had the watch on a green/grey nato over the summer and just switched back to this strap for the fall.

    https://www.finwatchstraps.com/produ...551f50d9&_ss=r

  23. #73
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    34,208
    Someone asked for pictures of the 40mm Everest on other straps. The bracelet came off mine as soon as I unpacked it on Dec 8th 2011 and remains untouched and stickered in the box. I had a Titan CS from TSS waiting for it and it stayed on this seeminlgly indestructible strap for years, with occasional spells on Natos, until my current liking for canvas. In fact one of my pics on a Nato made it into Ewan's excellent review of the watch on his Watcharama site! Re the logo, the logo on both of mine (36 & 40mm) is the non-tittyduck version which is more in keeping with the black dialled miltary issue Smiths from the early 60's IMHO, Eddie's latest version of the logo is perfect for the white dailled watches he's doing.

    https://www.thestrapshop.co.uk/colle...m-watch-straps
    https://www.watcharama.com/smiths-everest-prs-25/















  24. #74
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    46

    Red face Expedition still running after 36 hours off wrist...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    You can always wind the expedition, but if you are wearing it all day it will be sufficiently wound.
    I took it off Friday night. Still running (accurately ;) around noon Sunday ;)

  25. #75
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,991


    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  26. #76
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    11,902
    Is that the jubilee edition?

    If so, can you please build it in 38 or 40mm?

  27. #77
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Is that the jubilee edition?

    If so, can you please build it in 38 or 40mm?
    And 36mm of course
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  28. #78
    Journeyman fogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    64
    That looks to me like a lot more interesting proposition than the first version on the jubelee bracelet.

  29. #79
    Start to save some EUR
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

  30. #80
    Apprentice Nastadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    York, United Kingdom
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie
    Gilt dial looks great!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  31. #81
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Dingwall
    Posts
    46
    Mine arrived today. Straight onto leather. Cheers Eddie


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  32. #82
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by Swayndo View Post
    Mine arrived today. Straight onto leather. Cheers Eddie


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lovely!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #83
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    12,590
    Gilt version looks terrific.
    Last edited by Passenger; 22nd October 2020 at 10:01.

  34. #84
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    England
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Gilt dial looks great!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The gilt dial does look great, if the EVEREST text was in the same gilt colour I think it would look absolutely stunning in my opinion.

  35. #85

    caseback

    hi all, i need some help, is this caseback correct for a prs-25 from 2019


    This is the front. Since i'm looking for one with the old logo someone offered this one to me. Wonder if it is correct
    Last edited by soesgsxr; 22nd October 2020 at 10:15.

  36. #86
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    81
    Well hello :-)
    My first Smith watch ever and I am super excited! Once again thank you, Eddie.

  37. #87
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    Well hello :-)
    My first Smith watch ever and I am super excited! Once again thank you, Eddie.
    Congratulations
    Great photo too!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #88
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    81
    @TheGent Thank you so much!

  39. #89
    Apprentice Nastadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    York, United Kingdom
    Posts
    37
    Image1603464755.163734.jpg

    I love the new old logo on this


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  40. #90
    I like the bracelet but switched to a strap for a different look.

    Very comfy




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #91
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    81
    @swaydino @alpharulez both combinations looks awesome!

  42. #92
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    2
    First ever post on this forum.

    I picked up the White PRS25, and it is fabulous. I wanted a white dial field watch to go with my White Hamilton Field watch, the Stowa Flieger and Laco B-Uhr. Now I have a watch for every week of the month.

    I know the black version is more popular, but I recommend the white version. While the black 1016 is hard to get these days, the white one even more so, as this HODINKEE article suggests.

  43. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    @swaydino @alpharulez both combinations looks awesome!
    Thank you. Have opted for this watch as my daily driver and the strap helps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliewalnuts View Post
    First ever post on this forum.

    I picked up the White PRS25, and it is fabulous. I wanted a white dial field watch to go with my White Hamilton Field watch, the Stowa Flieger and Laco B-Uhr. Now I have a watch for every week of the month.

    I know the black version is more popular, but I recommend the white version. While the black 1016 is hard to get these days, the white one even more so, as this HODINKEE article suggests.
    Thanks for sharing. I had not seen that dial option previously. It is in stock with Eddie so when next it opens up I should order that one so I have the duo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #95
    Journeyman fogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    64
    It never gets old


  46. #96
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    It never gets old

    Lovely shot!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #97
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post


    Eddie
    This is truly beautiful .I hope there will be enough to go round.

  48. #98
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    81
    I am really super excited about this timepiece. And what a great discovery today - some of the third party rubbers straps fits nicely! I have few more color options, so expect some interesting and some crazy combos here soon

  49. #99
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    EAST MIDLANDS
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    I am really super excited about this timepiece. And what a great discovery today - some of the third party rubbers straps fits nicely! I have few more color options, so expect some interesting and some crazy combos here soon
    Very nice look.This creates many possabilities .

  50. #100
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Newton, MA USA
    Posts
    7

    Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

    Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    It never gets old

    Looks lovely. What bracelet do you have on it? I notice it’’s lacking the rivets.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information