closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

Right 3rd Time - the PRS-25 Smiths Everest

Quote Originally Posted by jodydavis View Post
    Looks lovely. What bracelet do you have on it? I notice it’’s lacking the rivets.
    It's an aftermarket oyster from ebay. The end links required some tweaking but I'm loving the result
    Last edited by fogar; 26th October 2020 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Ití's an aftermarket oyster from ebay. The end links required some tweaking but Ií'm loving the result
    There are some good alternative oysters on ebay. A number will fit the origibal solid end links too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

Apprentice
    It's an aftermarket oyster from ebay. The end links required some tweaking but I'm loving the result
    Ah thanks. Looks very nice. Iíve tried a few aftermarket oysters, but havenít had luck with the end links. Will keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    It does look really cool on a rubber strap. Here is my first combo on a green rubber strap. Unexpected combo, but looking good. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    It does look really cool on a rubber strap. Here is my first combo on a green rubber strap. Unexpected combo, but looking good. Don't you think?
    Looks great on that rubber strap! Congrats

Apprentice
    Good evening fellow watch mates,

Finally it's possible to register again for the TF forum. Thanks Eddie!
    I'm new to this forum as well as to TF watches. After seeing some great reviews of the black 36mm Everest Explorer on YT I snagged my first PRS25.
    I am super excited. After ordering in september I right away had a Horween leather strap made for this beauty. Even though the watch was delivered about 3 weeks ago I still haven't had a chance to unpack it and slap it on the wrist, since I have been abroad. So until I get home I continue to get my daily fix in this thread.

Great pics gentlemen. As far as I'm concerned keep on posting

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by M_i_G View Post

I'm new to this forum as well as to TF watches. After seeing some great reviews of the black 36mm Everest Explorer on YT I snagged my first PRS25.
    I am super excited. After ordering in september I right away had a Horween leather strap made for this beauty. Even though the watch was delivered about 3 weeks ago I still haven't had a chance to unpack it and slap it on the wrist, since I have been abroad. So until I get home I continue to get my daily fix in this thread.

Cheers!
    Congratulations on ordering one - you wonít be disappointed when you open that box...!

Apprentice
    As strange as it sounds I guess congratulations are indeed not entirely out of place. Little did I know how difficult it is to get one. First try first hit. Somehow it almost feels a bit like all those long time Smiths fans who already tried several times deserve it more than I do. On the other hand...Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

...Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
    true enough. Itís good news for Timefactors that demand outstrips supply, letís hope that balance can be addressed in the future.

Cheers!
    You are in for a treat when you get back home. That's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post

Unexpected combo, but looking good. Don't you think?
    Any chance for a side-view pic so we can see the interphase between the fitted strap and the lugs, please?
    "How much is that 'tona in the window?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    true enough. Itís good news for Timefactors that demand outstrips supply, letís hope that balance can be addressed in the future.
    These are exceptional times. It hasn't always been like this and no doubt in due course it will correct itself. People just need to be exceptionally patient and treat Eddie with the respect he deserves.
    "How much is that 'tona in the window?"

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    These are exceptional times. It hasn't always been like this and no doubt in due course it will correct itself. People just need to be exceptionally patient and treat Eddie with the respect he deserves.
    Hear hear.

Master
    Noticed that Chronomaster has one this am at £395, 2 weeks old/40mm if anyone is chasing one

Apprentice
    You are in for a treat when you get back home. That's for sure
    I certainly hope so. Until I discoverd Smiths watches I never thought I would in a million years consider hommage watches. Now that has changed. I'm even getting greedy and want to have a PRS29-AM and a Navigator and a Baby Dreadnought too. This is going to be difficult because I also love german Flieger and tactical watches. For this year my watch budget is used up, but next year I have some tough decisions to make.

Thank you a lot Sir for the image. Really love the unriveted Oyster you got there. What a stunner!

+1 to that.

Journeyman
    Any chance for a side-view pic so we can see the interphase between the fitted strap and the lugs, please?
    No problem. Will do.

I certainly hope so. Until I discoverd Smiths watches I never thought I would in a million years consider hommage watches. Now that has changed. I'm even getting greedy and want to have a PRS29-AM and a Navigator and a Baby Dreadnought too. This is going to be difficult because I also love german Flieger and tactical watches. For this year my watch budget is used up, but next year I have some tough decisions to make.
    Apart from the undeniable quality of the watch, I feel the PRS25 is an especially compelling homage because of all the controversy with Rolex around the Everest expedition.
    It is like closing the circle in a way, a form of poetic justice.
    Stealing from a thieve is not a crime after all.

In my review of the 1st version I said:

"three tiny things Iíd change. First, the Smiths logo. Personally I'd have gone for the old De Luxe logo and the coronet ("Big Tits") device. But then I love old Smiths. (I have, ahem, a few.) Also the Smithsí coronet isnít a million miles from the Rolex crown.

Second, the hour hand could do with being a tad longer, maybe a mm or two extra between the pinion and Mercedes.

Third ó and being really picky ó I do like the ball-end counterbalanced seconds hands on old Rolexes. Itís just a pleasing detail."

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ot-36mm-review

Well, Eddie has managed 1 & 2. If I were being super picky I might prefer vanilla to mint on the lume: I love mellow yellow tritium with its warm nicotine colour but otherwise this gets a solid 9.5/10 from me.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    If I were being super picky I might prefer vanilla to mint on the lume: I love mellow yellow tritium with its warm nicotine colour
    That's not what I call being super picky. I also love that brown yellow hue. I suppose that would definitely be the icing on the cake. Who knows...Perhaps someday.

Journeyman
    i know it is a long shot but if someone doesn't get on with theirs I'd love to take it off your hands :-)

Well, Eddie has managed 1 & 2. If I were being super picky I might prefer vanilla to mint on the lume: I love mellow yellow tritium with its warm nicotine colour but otherwise this gets a solid 9.5/10 from me.
    The one thing that makes it 9.5/10 for me is Eddies milky ring.

A lovely warm acrylic crystal would have been perfection.

You cant have everything for just over 300 quid though so Im not complaining.
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    The one thing that makes it 9.5/10 for me is Eddies milky ring.

A lovely warm acrylic crystal would have been perfection.

You cant have everything for just over 300 quid though so Im not complaining.
    Yes that would be my only negative point.

Apprentice
    In my review of the 1st version I said:

"three tiny things Iíd change. First, the Smiths logo. Personally I'd have gone for the old De Luxe logo and the coronet ("Big Tits") device. But then I love old Smiths. (I have, ahem, a few.) Also the Smithsí coronet isnít a million miles from the Rolex crown.

Second, the hour hand could do with being a tad longer, maybe a mm or two extra between the pinion and Mercedes.

Third ó and being really picky ó I do like the ball-end counterbalanced seconds hands on old Rolexes. Itís just a pleasing detail."

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ot-36mm-review

To add to your list, would love the revised hands (not happening) and a counter balance on the seconds sweep, maybe even the coronet on the crown instead of the S to match the logo and an update to the smiths on the case back too so it matches all around.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Hoping these are back in stock soon, hoping to pick one up this time around, gorgeous watches

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk