closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: UPVC Window Frame Spraying

Journeyman

UPVC Window Frame Spraying

I thought I would give it a go here:

Recently moved into a new house. Looking to do some refurbs, but the previous owners recently installed new, triple glazed UPVC windows.
    Only problem being, that they are white, and really don’t suit the house( in SWMBO opinion)

Ive stumbled across a company that offer a product to spray up window frames to a multitude of colours. They offer a 10yr guarantee, but as is often the case, can’t be sure the company will still exist in 10yrs time.

Has anyone looked into this service, or had it done?Any feedback?

friends had it done on their white UPVC windows, victorian bay front terrace now charcoal/anthracite grey, looks great and was done in a day or 2 but i think before they had fully moved in, most of the time is spent on the masking.
    i have no idea on the product used but i’m guessing there is some kind of key/etch primer or maybe just a scotchbrite all over to give good adhesion.

i would have it done myself if the windows were good and it suited the property, i had triple grazing fitted in my flat but had to have dark wood foil exterior to match the rest of the building and just had white inside.

re the guarantee, do they offer an insurance like flat roof companies? this way it’s not void if they close the business?

Apparently, they could be wrapped.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it’s quite a new system ie last 2 or 3 years so no real feedback to how it lasts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    If that’s the case it would be a better wearing system

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I think it’s quite a new system ie last 2 or 3 years so no real feedback to how it lasts.
    Ah ok, thats interesting to know. We are quite exposed where we are, and I do worry about fading, chipping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I was thinking the same. We had a ugly white plastic meter box at the front of the house, so I wrapped in wood effect coating. Very effective.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche