closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Everest on eBay already

Another one has appeared. A guy called Andy I'm guessing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...YAAOSwQd9fa0N4

He has covered the serial number.

If you are reading this Andy you are a low life piece of s***
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 23rd September 2020 at 15:25.

Journeyman
    Andy really shouldn’t be using TimeFactors photography in his ebay listing either. Bad, bad Andy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

If you are reading this Andy you are a low life piece of .........
    Last edited by JIG67; 23rd September 2020 at 15:29.

Just checked Andy's other listings: a pair of sunglasses, a tatty old pair of pumps and a jacket - nearly fell off the couch laughing.

Definitely a regular on here.

Depending on how annoyed EP is by this, you might catch some of it for swearing. Best edit just in case (that applies to quotes too).

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Depending on how annoyed EP is by this, you might catch some of it for swearing. Best edit just in case (that applies to quotes too).
    You are right of course. Mine is amended, but cannot do much about the quote.

JIG67, would you mind? I think we all agree with the sentiment.

Grand Master
    Have to wonder whether these sellers are TZ forum members, I think it quite likely......but they'll never own up!

Maybe Eddie should start keeping the warranty card for 12 months?

Journeyman
    All done. 👍

If you are reading this Andy you are a low life piece of s***
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    JIG67, would you mind? I think we all agree with the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have to wonder whether these sellers are TZ forum members, I think it quite likely......but they'll never own up!

Given the very limited opening hours on Sunday afternoons once every few weeks tends to suggest these are bought by members.

Quote Originally Posted by JIG67 View Post
    All done.

I think we are losing the plot here: flippers gonna flip, there is no way around it. And by saying that I don't mean I am happy about it. But this is a public forum, no matter how many users you ban. The shop is briefly open to everybody for buying. We are creating a Streisand effect more than anything with these posts. I think is a waste of time and effort that can be spent more productively on something else. Relax and enjoy your watches while you can.

Doubt he'll care that he's banned.

Given the very limited opening hours on Sunday afternoons once every few weeks tends to suggest these are bought by members.
    Why's that, isn't it public knowledge?

Journeyman
    I understand the point entirely and I’m new here although I have lurked for years and bought my first TimeFactors watch in August 2013. My opinion is that people are upset by the perceived lack of community spirit in profiteering when so many people missed out on the Everest 36. Of course folks flip watches but it would have sold here in a heartbeat at list plus postage.

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    I think we are losing the plot here: flippers gonna flip, there is no way around it. And by saying that I don't mean I am happy about it. But this is a public forum, no matter how many users you ban. The shop is briefly open to everybody for buying. We are creating a Streisand effect more than anything with these posts. I think is a waste of time and effort that can be spent more productively on something else. Relax and enjoy your watches while you can.

Good reference - The Streisand Effect.

However, don't worry. This isn't the proprietor's first rodeo.

Also, TSE could have a beneficial effect in some circumstances. The original case related to privacy, not sales.

If you're concerned about reputational impact then also I would not worry. The forum itself tends to highlight members who do this anyway. It's BAU at TZ.

I think you'll find that this one is number 0820607. It says the item is in Stockton-on-Tees and I've only shipped one to there so far. He's not a forum member.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

New Everest on eBay already

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I think you'll find that this one is number 0820607. It says the item is in Stockton-on-Tees and I've only shipped one to there so far. He's not a forum member.

Eddie
    Well done, let's hope he's not able to buy another watch from you ever again.

Tempus non expectat virum et aestus.

Blog Entries
    Just checked Andy's other listings: a pair of sunglasses, a tatty old pair of pumps and a jacket - nearly fell off the couch laughing.

Definitely a regular on here.
    Definitely . Not a week goes by without seeing some folks sweaty old Hi-tecs or Dunlop's for sale. No wonder he's pumping the price of the Everest up when his other stuff you couldn't give away.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If they are it's not very forum spirited. I never bought an Everest on last opening , I was waiting further down the line for the navigator but reading all these guys being robbed of the opportunity by an opportunist has really rankled me. It's bad enough seeing the likes of the 29a mk1 being bid for £8/900 when there's real fans of that watch and wtb's on here .

I guess the popularity of Eddie's line via YouTube reviews and their discussion of his retail times have attracted some prolific profiteers to make a fast buck at the behest or reflection of wis community or collectors.

On the flip side you have gerudd with his V2 Everest that didn't sell on SC so he had no alternative to go to eBay . Totally different and acceptable IMO.

Last edited by bond; 23rd September 2020 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

On the flip side you have gerudd with his V2 Everest that didn't sell on SC so he had no alternative to go to eBay . Totally different and acceptable IMO.

What’s the process for selling watches on here - not that I’m looking to do so atm?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    What’s the process for selling watches on here - not that I’m looking to do so atm?

Advertise your watch for sale with pictures. If people want to buy they will , if they seem excessively priced especially over RRP then someone will be along to mention it seems to be without scruples. No-one will stop them I'm sure it's a free market but don't expect people to have their pants pulled down. Sometimes watches are fair or reasonably priced and dont sell for whatever reason they aren't trending or no genuine interest. If they go to eBay and make a little more then so be it. This case with these brand new watches is something else. I've seen 29a air ministry watches on sale now eBay.jp for $800 starting bid.

Advertise your watch for sale with pictures. If people want to buy they will , if they seem excessively priced especially over RRP then someone will be along to mention it seems to be without scruples. No-one will stop them I'm sure it's a free market but don't expect people to have their pants pulled down. Sometimes watches are fair or reasonably priced and dont sell for whatever reason they aren't trending or no genuine interest. If they go to eBay and make a little more then so be it. This case with these brand new watches is something else. I've seen 29a air ministry watches on sale now eBay.jp for $800 starting bid.

I totally agree about this dishonest and unpleasant immediate reselling - totally unacceptable.

Re selling in here; I mean, is there a specific thread for sales?

Blog Entries
    I totally agree about this dishonest and unpleasant immediate reselling - totally unacceptable.

yes, but I'm deferring to rule number 1

Apprentice

I think it's only open to those with a set number of posts (not sure how many)
    So, not too sure anyone with lower post counts is going to have access to that.

Ban them either from the forum or from buying anything else or both

Apprentice

Warranty card

Tudor kept my warranty card on the Tudor 58 I bought, I would never sell it I buy watches to keep not flip And I can’t wait to get my baby dread.

Perhaps there could be a pre-sale of new releases for forum members in good standing?

That wasn't the watch's fault. The seller overcomplicated the sale with extra bracelets and this and that... People don't like that, they want watches as virgin as possible, if you get my meaning.

That watch would have been sold at the requested price if it was handled differently.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    That wasn't the watch's fault. The seller overcomplicated the sale with extra bracelets and this and that... People don't like that, they want watches as virgin as possible, if you get my meaning.

That watch would have been sold at the requested price if it was handled differently.
    I disagree, yes he gave options with other straps but the price of them watch with only the original bracelet was clear to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Irreverent replies shall abound ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    50 posts + 60 days membership to view Sales Corner, 250 posts + 180 days membership to post there.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I disagree, yes he gave options with other straps but the price of them watch with only the original bracelet was clear to see.
    That was afterwards. The original post was changed/edited. In the original post there was the watch with some additional stuff and only one price for everything. Then people started asking for a split...

Listen, we all get caught up making things worse while trying to make them better. I am sure it was an excellent package, it is just that people are weird.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    Perhaps there could be a pre-sale of new releases for forum members in good standing?
    Now THAT'S an idea I can get behind!

Even William Shatner could get behind that

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Gobsmacked that this bloke thinks a used pair of his old Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars are worth £150 ... are people really that stupid that they might buy them ?

£470 and the highest bidder has no feedback. Tempted to think it might be someone on here going for the full wind up to teach the seller a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    £470 and the highest bidder has no feedback. Tempted to think it might be someone on here going for the full wind up to teach the seller a lesson.
    That’ thought had crossed my mind....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheGent; 24th September 2020 at 20:29.

Perhaps a load of us should set up fake eBay accounts and start a bidding war over the watch. Get it to a really silly figure then all just disappear...

Perhaps a load of us should set up fake eBay accounts and start a bidding war over the watch. Get it to a really silly figure then all just disappear...

It’s tempting....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The highest bidder is not the only one with zero feedback - there are three others as well. Maybe there is more than one forum member here driving up the price to teach this turkey a lesson.

Craftsman
    Is there two of these on eb currently?

Makes no sense to me buying such nice watches and not appreciating them; for at least a decent period of time anyway.
    Last edited by Ed875; 24th September 2020 at 22:39.

After much consideration, I've decided that this would be childish, petty, and completely the wrong thing to do; so I promise I definitely won't immediately log into eBay and do this, Scouts' honour, cross my heart and hope to die...

Think he’s onto the plan... relisted as a buy it now.

And reducing the price....

Last edited by TheGent; 25th September 2020 at 09:38.

Master
    Now sold, and no I didn't buy it.

I hope he realises that it wasn't really worth the effort.

Should be a good one. Local boy.

The serial is hard to read, looks something like: 0820335.
    Warranty date: 01.10.2020

He also sold a Smiths PRC-29a within the past 12 months.

Pretty good deal, it includes a 1016. And it comes “From smoke and pet free home.”

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    Pretty good deal, it includes a 1016. And it comes “From smoke and pet free home.”

The serial is hard to read, looks something like: 0820335.
    Warranty date: 01.10.2020

He also sold a Smiths PRC-29a within the past 12 months.
    Maybe 0820886?

Journeyman
    I hope he realises that it wasn't really worth the effort.

Well, he's not selling it for profit.. Ebay fees are what, 10%? And Paypal fees on top of that..