closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Everest on eBay already

Quote Originally Posted by Incursore View Post
    Well, he's not selling it for profit.. Ebay fees are what, 10%? And Paypal fees on top of that..
    Maybe he’s using sell for a pound offer?

Another one with warranty date from 15th Oct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-sales for forum members of good standing???

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Shame that these are appearing on eBay as opposed to SC.

Guess its people off forum.

If they tried to sell on the SC above MSRP they would get schtick. We are witnessing the new reality of not enough desirable watches. The PRS-25c is "a perfect watch".
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    If they tried to sell on the SC above MSRP they would get schtick. We are witnessing the new reality of not enough desirable watches. The PRS-25c is "a perfect watch".
    Agreed. At least that would be giving forum members the opportunity first. If nobody's prepared to pony up then eBay next is fair game, I guess. As you say, if the shop's open once a month for half an hour and supply is limited, it's hardly a surprising outcome, is it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    Pre-sales for forum members of good standing???
    Great suggestions, please consider Eddie...

Craftsman
    Another new model fleabay and bidding is currently at GBP 512.00, and a version 1 purchased in February of 2019 sold the other day for GBP 460.00. I am still not in favor with pre-sales to forum members. The thrill of waiting for the store to open is a lot of the fun in it, and you know that you are getting a watch that well made, a super value for the money and a watch that not alot of people have.

Members of good standing can always wait three months for the next batch. Also, they don't pester Eddie every five minutes because they know it will all get sorted out in the end.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

New Everest on eBay already

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    ...version 1 purchased in February of 2019 sold the other day for GBP 460.00
    I understand the outrage about buying a brand new watch and selling it immediately; that's opportunistic and caddish behaviour, but after it's been owned and used, surely it can be sold wherever the owner likes. If that is for a profit, well done him. He may not even know about this forum - I didn’t for ages?
    Last edited by fm.tz; 11th October 2020 at 16:31.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    So what? ??*??
    I understand the outrage about buying a brand new watch and selling it immediately; that's opportunistic and caddish behaviour, but after it's been owned and used, surely it can be sold wherever the owner likes. If that is for a profit, well done him. He may not even know about this forum - I didn’t for ages?
    I don't know what your problem is. I simply was putting info out there about watches that I have seen on Ebay. I didn't put anything disparaging about the seller or the like. If your looking for an axe to grind you came to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Members of good standing can always wait three months for the next batch. Also, they don't pester Eddie every five minutes because they know it will all get sorted out in the end.
    I'm getting the impression that there is a higher than average number of new members - recommending selling to "members of good standing"

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Its interesting (well to me anyway) to watch these on ebay and see how they sell

I see that this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Ev...53.m1438.l2649 has sold for 500

Where as this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Ev...53.m1438.l2649 has been bid up to 522 with just over 8 hrs left to go

Meanwhile this MK2 is languishing around the 330 mark and ending later today, early evening
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...QAAOSwOhtfeb8y
    Wow

New Everest on eBay already

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I don't know what your problem is. I simply was putting info out there about watches that I have seen on Ebay. I didn't put anything disparaging about the seller or the like. If your looking for an axe to grind you came to the wrong place.
    Apologies, it wasn't a ‘dig’ at you.
    I've removed the inflammatory 'so what' comment.
    Last edited by fm.tz; 11th October 2020 at 16:32.

Oh wow

Craftsman
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124381112314

£650 or best offer, it’s getting more ridiculous by the day.