closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long Way Up on Apple TV+

Craftsman

Long Way Up on Apple TV+

First 3 parts of the series now available on Apple TV+. If you've seen the Long Way Round and the Long Way Down you will know the format, this time its from the southern tip of South America to LA, c. 13,000 miles. The twist is Ewan and Charlie are doing it on electric Harleys and 2 of the support trucks are electric Rivians (US pick up trucks) - all the same crew as before).

The format is tried and tested (if you didn't like the previous semi planned crisis type approach, the walking Belstaff models etc. you won't like this) but the use of technology and the challenges it presents is interesting and both Ewan and Charlie are that bit older, and in Charlies case a bit body broken. Haven't noticed any gratuitous watch shots yet but plenty of time for that.

Its a pleasant distraction when sat on a bike in the gym for 40 minutes :)

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    First 3 parts of the series now available on Apple TV+. If you've seen the Long Way Round and the Long Way Down you will know the format, this time its from the southern tip of South America to LA, c. 13,000 miles. The twist is Ewan and Charlie are doing it on electric Harleys and 2 of the support trucks are electric Rivians (US pick up trucks) - all the same crew as before).

The format is tried and tested (if you didn't like the previous semi planned crisis type approach, the walking Belstaff models etc. you won't like this) but the use of technology and the challenges it presents is interesting and both Ewan and Charlie are that bit older, and in Charlies case a bit body broken. Haven't noticed any gratuitous watch shots yet but plenty of time for that.

Its a pleasant distraction when sat on a bike in the gym for 40 minutes :)

Im never going to see it.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Started this last night - I like it

Master
    Anyway to get Apple TV free just to watch this? e.g. Free trial. Already have Netflix, Amazon, Sky and Disney+ so dont' need another subscription, plenty of content yet to watch on all those.

EDIT: 7 day free trial in UK then £4.99 a month. Might sign up for 7 days to watch this, loved the previous series.
    Last edited by ViperStripes; 22nd September 2020 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Anyway to get Apple TV free just to watch this? e.g. Free trial. Already have Netflix, Amazon, Sky and Disney+ so dont' need another subscription, plenty of content yet to watch on all those.

EDIT: 7 day free trial in UK then £4.99 a month. Might sign up for 7 days to watch this, loved the previous series.
    I didn't realise thatw we even had Apple TV as a family until I saw this coming along. Apparently you get 12 months free with any new Apple device.....would add yet another subscription other wise.

I've only watched the first one so far and it is very familiar if you've seen the others.

I actually owe the series a lot as it was following the first one (LWR) that I took the plunge an moved from a lifelong scooter rider (read old mod) onto big bikes. Maybe an R1200GS was a step too far for my first bike, but I quickly learned.

Anyway, back on topic.......I find it watchable for the camaraderie as much as the bikes and travel etc. Better than a lot of other TV on these days.

Craftsman
    I don’t have an Apple TV but loved the first series and hope to see this one at one point. David Beckham’s ‘Into The Unknown’ was also very good.

Haven't noticed any gratuitous watch shots yet but plenty of time for that.
    )
    They’ll be wearing Bremonts.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    They’ll be wearing Bremonts.
    As do I, along with my Belstaff jackets so its all good :)

A bit contrived in places but nice to see the team back together and it's our old stomping ground so we're enjoying watching it as a family.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

As do I, along with my Belstaff jackets so its all good :)
    If the jacket is XXL and the shoes are size 7 brogues you win TZ bingo. Come and collect your free MX5.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night, I enjoyed it, mainly for the scenery and that I've traveled around that part of South America, it should be a good adventure to follow if a little contrived by the editing process.

I have an iPad Pro which came with a free trial of Apple TV. Anyway I can play it through my tv so I can watch it with my wife?

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    I have an iPad Pro which came with a free trial of Apple TV. Anyway I can play it through my tv so I can watch it with my wife?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I think only by buying the Apple TV box. Can get old lines online, doesn't have to be the latest and greatest. Mine is about 6 years old and works with Apple TV+.

Two coined up blokes ride up the Americas on leccy bikes with camera crew, techs, body guards, guides, doctors, and unlimited financial support? What could possibly go wrong?....Nothing I recon.
    Give me Bake Off any day.

They should have read this beforehand to get an idea about riding up that continent.....amazing book with a real insight of how hard it actually is to do it without all the bollocks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post

Thanks,
    Tom
    I use a lightning to HDMI adaptor and plug that into a spare HDMI socket on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think only by buying the Apple TV box. Can get old lines online, doesn't have to be the latest and greatest. Mine is about 6 years old and works with Apple TV+.
    Thanks wileeeeeey, not sure I will bother adding yet another box tbh especially as it doesn’t seem there is much else on Apple TV I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I use a lightning to HDMI adaptor and plug that into a spare HDMI socket on the tv.
    Ah that might work if a usb c to hdmi is cheap, off to amazon I go!

Master
    With 2 support trucks!? Might as well just jump in the trucks and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    With 2 support trucks!? Might as well just jump in the trucks and do it.
    Agree Maris 100%.
    Anyone seriously think they didn't jump in the trucks over some of the tricky stuff...?
    Why, that'd even be a bit like cheating wouldn't it?
    Can't for a minute imagine they'd do that!
    NooOOoooOooooooo Sir-eeeeee.......'s a documentary.....always truthful...lol
    Last edited by Tifa; 25th September 2020 at 19:08.

Master
    I’m enjoying it so far. Great scenery and an interesting take on the genre with the electric bikes. I don’t really care if they have tons of support, it’s no different to Top Gear, The Grand Tour etc. - just entertainment.

Didn’t Boorman enter the Dakar? Presumably he can ride a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Agree Maris 100%.
    Anyone seriously think they didn't jump in the trucks over some of the tricky stuff...?
    Does anyone care? It’s a bit of light entertainment.

I’ll start watching it when I've finished watching the truly brilliant Ted Lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Agree Maris 100%.
    And the trucks are the first two EV Rivian pre production prototypes ever built and were the only two running Rivian pickups when the show was filmed. There's a lot of interesting footage in the first couple of episodes about how they and Harley cobbled together the vehicles (and installed a charging network on the route) for the whole shebang.

It's an entertainment show not a survival guide, and I for one am finding it quite entertaining!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was all set to hate it and lay into them.

but I enjoyed it,the first episode is free on my apple TV so now I have taken the trial to binge watch the rest.

They have achieved something here.