closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega X-33 Skywalker Servicing

Omega X-33 Skywalker Servicing

I bought one of the first Skywalkers in early 2015 and while a brilliant watch (great for travel and work) its reliability has not been the best.

It had to be returned under warranty in January 2016 for a collapsed crown and it is just back from a full service as the module was faulty.

While the new movement is great they have installed the bezel as uni-directional rather than bi-directional! The ratcheting feel is of a gen1 (which I also own) so they could have installed this by mistake? I would expect Omega to know the specifications of their own watches!!

Secondly, It looks like they have given the watch a light polish. Now I realise titanium is hard to work with but they have nicked the bottom left champfer and also the bracelet finishing appears inconsistent. Hopefully you can see in one of the pictures below but it looks inconsistent near the centre links and on the end links.

Of course I have contacted them for it to go back but advice especially on the bracelet finishing would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll be even crosser when you notice the bezels not lined up either.

Annoying! The bracelet is definitely not right. Simon Freese polished an AT bracelet for me and it looked the same with marks left at the corners of the links where the lapping hadn't been completed. It was corrected on the 2nd attempt.

And if the bezel used to be bi-directional but is now uni-directional, then that needs fixing as well. Poor show by Omega.

Thanks - there appears to be a bit of play too in the bezel action.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Annoying! The bracelet is definitely not right. Simon Freese polished an AT bracelet for me and it looked the same with marks left at the corners of the links where the lapping hadn't been completed. It was corrected on the 2nd attempt.

And if the bezel used to be bi-directional but is now uni-directional, then that needs fixing as well. Poor show by Omega.
    Yes not good - I expected better.

Blog Entries
    Simon at http://thewatchdealer.co.uk/ may be able to help with the finishing on the bracelet. It doesn’t look right at all. But really Omega should sort it out for you (and some compensation!)

Thanks - I’ve still to hear back but will keep the thread updated. I’m surprised it got past their QC to be honest and further surprised their watchmaker did not know the bezel ratchet was the wrong one!!!

Update

Had a call from customer services today - no apology. Seemed more concerned about running my pictures past their polishing team to determine if the watch should be returned. I said what about the incorrect bezel ratchet then? Oh, yes it might need to come back for that. Oh really!

I had heard that Omega have really good customer service - here's hoping they do the right thing with this.

Omega called today and were full of apologies. Polishing is not up to standard and they did fit the wrong part for the bezel ratchet. They are sending the service pack for it to be returned. That’s more like it!! Guy I spoke to was very helpful and has been assigned to look after me. A pain that it has to go back but hopefully all will be good in the end.