closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's see your earliest watch that you still own.

The blue bezel F1 with white dial on the far right was my 18th birthday present in 1997. Still works although the date wheel doesn't click all the way round now and need a little encouragement but do still wear it now and then.

Journeyman
    This citizen NY2300 was the first 'real' watch I bought. I wanted a dive watch but didn't want anything too expensive. Like almost everyone who buys a diver, it has not gone deeper than the sink!
    Last edited by Mattcurry; 5th November 2020 at 10:09.

My very first watch was a Hägar the Horrible watch that has long gone.
    I still have all of the watches I wore through school but only one is still working

It’s the lower gold bezel Citizen. Still running well and keeping good time
    The Citizen above is identical to the watch I revived for my 18th in 1998. The original was lost when p1ssed on a night out in Reading not long after.

The oldest watch I have bought is probably one of my ATPs or the JLC GSTP

My Seiko Bullhead, bought in 1976 from a tax-free vendor in Japan - for the princely sum of £40.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blackal; 5th November 2020 at 10:39.

This is the earliest one I still own. Bought from Argos about 15 years ago after I was mugged of either a Seiko or an Accurist.

Craftsman
    My Accurist , wife bought it for me when we got engaged in 1997. We had no money as we were trying to buy a house

Its had a new movement and needs a new bracelet which i am keeping an eye open for but its special to me

Journeyman
    Technically the first watch I ever owned, bought "For me" just after I was born, although I didn't get to wear it until I was 18 and didn't keep it until I was 21. Before that, would have been a stupid idea given the houses I shared as a student..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My two oldest watches - my late grandfather's Seiko SQ4004, and the watch I bought before I went to university in 1982, a Pulsar 100m - took these when fitting fresh batteries last night, with still work very well though I wouldn't risk getting them wet anymore. They're both a bit scratched up but keep time well.
    Steve

Glad this thread is still going, been some interesting watches shared and I've really enjoyed ready through all the posts. Keep them coming.

Another grandad hand-me-down. Doesn't get a lot of wrist time, but I wore it to his funeral, my wedding, and to his wife's funeral last week. I love it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sekonda handwound bought from (I think) Argos in about 1989:

I wore it all through university, and beyond I think. I had other (quartz) watches after that, but this did get odd periods of wear when batteries died in other watches. Don't think I ever bought a battery and replaced one in a watch in those days, I think it was always new watch time. That pattern lasted until I bought my frist WIS watch in 2004, an O&W which is long gone. Haven't worn the Sekonda in years, although I did put a new strap on it, but it would need a service if I did try (it lost 20 minutes overnight last night).

The longest I've owned a watch in my WIS days is a Sinn 656 from 2004 that I still have. It needs a repair at the moment, but otherwise it is still a watch I'd wear a lot.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Blog Entries
    This very 1980s Tissot Stylist ...

z

Craftsman
    My 1st watch. Bought just after my son was born, 24 years ago. It even has a nickname... The Max Watch. Little things and all that!!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk