closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron

Craftsman

Vacheron

Folk, Is there any truth in the rumour that Vacheron are doing another price increase from Oct 1st? I have heard a few times now but nothing concrete as yet and im still thinking of an Overseas Chrono. Cheers.

Craftsman
    I wouldn’t be surprised, when I bought mine in December it was off the back of a RRP reduction from £18,100 to £17,400 then up subsequently to £19,000

At the same time, AP have had three price rises on the Royal Oak Chrono I bought in March 2019, going from £21,500 to £26,200

AP - 21.8% increase
    VC - 9% increase (Dec 19) or 5% (pre-reduction)

Could you put a deposit down and then see if the rumour holds, then you’ve secured the price, but if not, you can back out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’d call and ask if I was you. The boutique manager told me when the last increase was happening and it was correct.

Craftsman
    Thanks folks. Im only 1 month away from being able to buy outright hence asking. The Overseas Chrono was £22500 when it came out and now £27400( over a 4 year period). I have been offered a 5% discount on the blue dial but without any real negotiation. I would likely settle for 10% off list. I could go pay almost it all this week to reserve the watch but wanted to wait till i had the full funds to help strike the deal.

Craftsman
    Mark, I was in a similar situation when buying at CH, took the 0% and paid it off the following month

I suspect if you put the deposit down and told them you would be in to collect in 3 weeks they would bite your hand off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Yeah Peter, i guess they would. I have sent a message to find out stock etc. Cheers.

Master
    I would be pushing for the last pre rise price of 25k. Any more off that’s great but I’d be looking to at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Thanks folks. Im only 1 month away from being able to buy outright hence asking. The Overseas Chrono was £22500 when it came out and now £27400( over a 4 year period). I have been offered a 5% discount on the blue dial but without any real negotiation. I would likely settle for 10% off list. I could go pay almost it all this week to reserve the watch but wanted to wait till i had the full funds to help strike the deal.

Craftsman
    If i get the 10% off it takes it to just under the 25k, a lot of money for a watch but i only plan to do this once after that its lower price watches that i can wear daily and not care to much if they get the odd little mark.

Master
    Sounds perfectly sensible to me; I’ve followed a similar path, one very pricey watch and then simpler (but good) stuff.
    My suggestion would be....just do it. Without delay or hesitation.

Craftsman
    Just placed a deposit down for mine and will hold current RRP. Was told it is 5% as of 1st October.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Just placed a deposit down for mine and will hold current RRP. Was told it is 5% as of 1st October.
    Any discount applied or did you buy at current RRP?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Any discount applied or did you buy at current RRP?
    only if you go to second hand market.