closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swivel Reclining Chairs...what do you have or recommend.

Master

Swivel Reclining Chairs...what do you have or recommend.

Yes another mumsnet for TZ and at least the second today.

I am in the market for a swivel recling chair...i have visited too many stores and i am now totally confused.

I know there are manual,electric and even some that now have a rechargable battery so they swivel 360.

I love the stressless range but they are pricey...i have also tried some at the lower end faux pu leather etc and some of these seem comfortable and good value for money.

I intend to use it for TV and reading.

I would like to keep my budget under £500 so if i want a stressless it would have to be second hand.

Any tips help or down right don't do it would be helpful.

If you recommend any then a picture or link would be of use.

Many thanks

Mark

The Stressless are that price because in 20 years, it will look much the same as the day you buy it. The others will not.

There are some really shonkey quality chairs being shipped in from Vietnam and other similar places just now. They look ok and will be £399 or less. Fine for a few years but not much longer.

I’ve been in the furniture trade for 20 years, bought a Stressless chair in year 1 and am sat on it right now.

It’s one of those things that’s worth spending the extra money on.

I would also suggest going to your local INdependant rather than a big group, to buy it. They Often sell a better version.

ETA - your idea to buy a 2nd hand one is a good one. If you can find a nice one that’s had little use, that’d be great!
    Last edited by mr noble; 19th September 2020 at 14:07.

Master
    We have a Himolla which is even better than the already excellent Stressless.

I have just the one for listening to the Hifi and it has exceeded all expectations, so well recommended. The leather is really top end.

Surprisingly they quite often come up at knock down prices on ebay.

Whatever you do, don't buy a model with a separate foot stool, it is a pain to clean around them and it takes up too much space. My Himolla is a recliner and is quite compact when in the upright position.

If you are the sort of person, like me, who likes to buy top end and keep it for life and says bugger to changing fashions, Stressless and Himolla are the best way to go.

Master
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes i have looked at Himolla along with stressless so it seems i am going to be spending more than i intended but buying the right one first time is worth it.

I have seen a few with the foot rest integrated into the chair along with a remote and rechargeable battery which gives you more room and dosen't need to be positioned near an electrical socket.

Master
    I would avoid any sort of motor, just something to go wrong.

My Himolla is a manual recliner where you just lean back and push forward gently on the arm rests, it really is good and the under carriage is built like a Victorian steel girder bridge.

Journeyman
    Worth bearing in mind that it's entirely possible to get substantial discounts to advertised prices.

I bought one of these https://shop.stressless.com/en-gb/re...13503450940145 plus one similar to this https://shop.stressless.com/en-gb/so...43083209489900 for a little under £4k, though that was ~8 years ago and the advertised price of the sofa seems a fair bit higher now.

Both items still look almost new.

Master
    I replaced my 15 year old Stressless with a Himolla about 3 years ago. Having sold the Stressless, I've regretted the switch pretty much every day.

IMO Stressless is the way to go - and I'll be swapping back in the not too distant.

Another vote for Himola.

Didn't like the open aspect to the Stressless foot rest when reclined.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Footstool or not is obviously a personal choice. To say “avoid at all costs” is daft.

I find the separate footstool brilliant. It works as it’s supposed to when sat in the recliner, I also use it a lot to put my feet up when sat on my sofa, my daughter sits/lays on it when she’s playing about and a guest can sit on it when we have a house full.

There are certainly advantages to chairs with the built in footrests too. Horses for courses.

Himola is also a great product. I went to the Monaco Grand Prix with the owner about 16 years ago. Great guy!

Another vote for stressless, my father in law has one and me and the kids fight over who gets to sit in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    What is this 'swivel' sorcery you talk of.....

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Mine.

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Mine.

Decadence.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 19th September 2020 at 21:14. Reason: punktuashun
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Eames?

A good quality repro of the Eames 670 chair and 671 ottoman can be very comfortable and an outstanding value, IF they are a good for for YOU. I love mine, but my wife finds them intolerable.

Craftsman
    Stressless for me too, road tested Himolla, and some cheaper ones over a period of 6 months whilst working away and came back to Stressless each time

Not cheap but quality, comfortable and love the footstool as a separate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk