closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Not enough images of me on TZUK.

Not enough images of me on TZUK.

No problem - here are three in one go:

As some of youy know, I edit & publish a magazine for owners of RM Series Rileys on behalf of The Riley RM Club. I recently completed 25 years of editing thus racking up my 200th issue ( there are 8 per annum) and the Club Committee decided to celebrate the occasion by presenting me with a letter of thanks, and a framed picture of myself, together with a mug and a T-shirt emblazoned with the same image.

I am not (quite) narcissistic enough to think that anyone here would be remotely interested in this incestuous unclealecfest. But - the image itself is interesting.

If you follow the link below, you will be able to view the jpeg file that was used to prepare the image. As you progressively enlarge it, you will discover to your astonishment ( as did I) that it is a mosaic composed of all 200 front cover images used by me in my tenure of the post. Some kind person in the Club scanned all of them and had the image prepared from their scans. A magnum opus of which I am not worthy, but it did make for a lovely surprise when I arrived home from work to find the mystery parcel waiting for me.

https://i.imgur.com/rpv8kAr.jpg
    Last edited by unclealec; 19th September 2020 at 13:27.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    No problem - here are three in one go:

As some of youy know, I edit & publish a magazine for owners of RM Series Rileys on behalf of The Riley RM Club. I recently edited my 250th issue ( there are 8 per annum) and the Club Committee decided to celebrate the occasion by presenting me with a letter of thanks, and a framed picture of myself, together with a mug and a T-shirt emblazoned with the same image.

I am not (quite) narcissistic enough to think that anyone here would be remotely interested in this incestuous unclealecfest. But - the image itself is interesting.

If you follow the link below, you will be able to view the jpeg file that was used to prepare the image. As you progressively enlarge it, you will discover to your astonishment ( as did I) that it is a mosaic composed of all 200 front cover images used by me in my tenure of the post. Some kind person in the Club scanned all of them and had teh image prepared from their scans. A magnum opus of which I am not worthy, but it did make for a lovely surprise when I arrived home from work to find the mystery parcel waiting for me.

https://i.imgur.com/rpv8kAr.jpg
    those tea pots aren't from the lakes are they ?

A God amongst Men!

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    those tea pots aren't from the lakes are they ?
    Jenwine Burgess & Dorling mate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Jenwine Burgess & Dorling mate.
    Ok cheers, I thought they may have been from the Tea pot shop in Keswick.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Ok cheers, I thought they may have been from the Tea pot shop in Keswick.

The three Winchesters are B&D, but the one next to the pottery cat was bought from the Teapot Shop in Broadway, Worcs.

Master
    The Mosaic is brilliant
    Somebody did a drawing of our staffie made up of words describing him, along those lines.

What a lovely thing to do. Congrats.

You deserve it - and thanks for bringing your calmness and humour to this forum over the years. It's made it a better place to be.

Looking good Alec - but including the original there’s 4 of you in that pic :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Is this a game? I see 5

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Looking good Alec - but including the original there’s 4 of you in that pic :)
    It might not be the original. There's a lot of fakery in the collectors' car world, that could easily be a "cut'n shut" job, made up of a couple of old write-offs.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Journeyman
    I've never heard of a Riley RM, so I looked it up. What a beautiful car!

Niche clubs live and die by the passions of its leading members. 25 years is an incredible undertaking and speaks to your passion for the hobby.

Well done to you for your hard work. Glad you got recognised for it!

Very interesting! Glad you posted this pic.
    Last edited by Ontological; 5th October 2020 at 15:57.

Master
    Ahh, I wondered what that old banger on your drive was when I was there earlier today!

Very nice!!

That was my wife.
    She can hardly fit in between the Riley RM and the Rochdale Olympic - another car for Ontological to look up!