closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Have you shipped it yet?

Have you shipped it yet?

I'm receiving 20 - 30 e-mails a day asking if I've shipped their order yet. Whilst I can understand this, the short answer is if you haven't received a notification of despatch, then I haven't. It takes as much time each day to respond to these e-mails as it does to ship one watch, perhaps two. In future, I will not respond to these e-mails. This means orders will be shipped faster than if I did reply.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I'm in mail order too Eddie, I feel your pain.

The best one I ever had was a customer from overseas, who within 2 minutes of receiving his 'dispatched' email, was emailing to say..

"I have received your email saying the item has been dispatched, but I have not yet received it"

He was annoyed my delivery method took longer than two minutes.

Have you shipped it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm receiving 20 - 30 e-mails a day asking if I've shipped their order yet. Whilst I can understand this, the short answer is if you haven't received a notification of despatch, then I haven't. It takes as much time each day to respond to these e-mails as it does to ship one watch, perhaps two. In future, I will not respond to these e-mails. This means orders will be shipped faster than if I did reply.

Eddie
    I feel your pain and we’re all hugely appreciative of the hard work you put into the company and these beautiful watches. To accommodate these questions, might an update to the website, under 'Information > Ordering' be an idea? It still lists 'orders received by letter' but doesn’t explain the [albeit understandable] delay between ordering, processing, and dispatch.

I'm happy to assist in updating the website if you need an additional pair of hands. I'm sufficiently competent with websites and I have built a number of my own in the past.

Tempus non expectat virum et aestus.
    Last edited by fm.tz; 18th September 2020 at 11:39.

Eddie
    I had wondered how much time was being eaten up in this way, maybe the ''old lags'' are more relaxed, whilst the ''Godber's'' are still learning the ropes.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Sadly, we live in a world where unrealistic expectations have been established by giant, multi£billion multinationals like Amazon.
    The hard-of-thinking then expect small businesses to provide the same level of service...
    I'd not worry - demand > supply is a great place to be, and good things come to those who wait

I was going to place an order last Sunday, but didn't in the end. It was made clear up front delivery could take up to four weeks.

Maybe some people are just thick

Was made clear it could take 40 days to get everything posted out. One week and people are complaining lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    I feel your pain and we’re all hugely appreciative of the hard work you put into the company and these beautiful watches. To accommodate these questions, might an update to the website, under 'Information > Ordering' be an idea? It still lists 'orders received by letter' but doesn’t explain the [albeit understandable] delay between ordering, processing, and dispatch.
    it isn't worth it, people just don't read anything

Cue what the taxi driver shouts at Eddie Murphy in Coming to America

Apprentice

Have you shipped it yet?

I've been there before so I'm not one of those who have bothered Eddie with emails. I'm working on the assumption that because I've not received a "Dear John" I'm still in.

I did have the same assumption on the first Expedition release, but was ultimately not in. Eddie had sent a "Dear John" but it was never received, or at least it was nowhere to be found in my Gmail including spam.

Ultimately I have other watches. If I'm in I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swayndo; 18th September 2020 at 13:46.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    What was the line, for the millions who haven't seen the movie?

Hi Eddie

If someone can help you set up an auto reply, you could draft a short message. It doesn't necessarily stop you from sending a follow up.

Something like:

Thank you for your email. Due to unprecedented demand for Timefactors watches, we are working hard to send all orders out as quickly as we can.

Please wait at least [X DAYS] before contacting us about your delivery.

If your email is in regard to any other matter, please bear with us. It may take us a few extra days to answer your query.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbio2 View Post
    What was the line, for the millions who haven't seen the movie?
    https://lmgtfy.app/?q=coming+to+america+taxi

Anyone who asks goes to the back of the queue!

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    this is cruel!

Apprentice

Baby dread

[QUOTE=Normunds;5535277]this is cruel!
    Last edited by Truk; 19th September 2020 at 20:45.

Feel your pain, Eddie. A good tension of an avid fanbase + unrealistically high shipping expectations. I'm also holding my breath for any "Dear John" emails for the 36mm Everest but I'm exercising patience and refraining from being one of the 20-30 email buggers!

I'm curious if you can hire a short-term assistant after each release to correspond with your customers OR create automated responses to these emails?

Apprentice
    [cant wait for the BD
    Last edited by Truk; 19th September 2020 at 20:47.

Have you shipped it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Truk View Post
    It would of been nice to get an email informing me that my order had been cancelled instead of noticing that my bank had more money in it than I expected and noticed TF payment had disappeared.
    See post #66 in this thread:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

It seems that money can go back into your account from pending before payment. Plus it doesn’t say in Eddies first post in the same thread that dreads were oversubscribed so unless you’ve had official communication that your order is cancelled you might be worrying over nothing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheGent; 18th September 2020 at 19:23.

Apprentice

40 work days until shipping?

Ha. That's nothing, child's play actually.

I waited for three years before receiving my MkII Key West GMT and, when it arrived, it was a disappointment. Plus we paid 50% on initial order and completed payment months prior to receiving the watch. Eddie's method of payment is far superior in my estimation, good on him.

Looking forward to receiving my Baby Willard, by my estimation early December when one considers shipping to the Colonies and finally Customs clearance. No problem I can wait. I will admit to checking Timefactors website to check the pics of my soon to be watch on a daily basis however.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    Ha. by my estimation early December when one considers shipping to the Colonies and finally Customs clearance.
    Given it's being shipped via UPS and that they clear it through customs, it's unlikely to take more than 5 working days from dispatch to get to you if you are currently in Canada.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfras View Post
    Ha. That's nothing, child's play actually.

I waited for three years before receiving my MkII Key West GMT and, when it arrived, it was a disappointment. Plus we paid 50% on initial order and completed payment months prior to receiving the watch. Eddie's method of payment is far superior in my estimation, good on him.

Looking forward to receiving my Baby Willard, by my estimation early December when one considers shipping to the Colonies and finally Customs clearance. No problem I can wait. I will admit to checking Timefactors website to check the pics of my soon to be watch on a daily basis however.
    patience is an acquired skill 😄

Apprentice

Baby dread

[QUOTE=TheGent;5535509]See post #66 in this thread:

It seems that money can go back into your account from pending before payment. Plus it doesn’t say in Eddies first post in the same thread that dreads were oversubscribed so unless you’ve had official communication that your order is cancelled you might be worrying over nothing....

Sent
    Last edited by Truk; 19th September 2020 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Truk View Post
    No I ask Eddie a question and he sent back that the baby dread was cancelled , my question why wouldn’t he inform the people that the BD was cancelled I have been waiting thinking nothing was wrong.
    He - happens to be one bloke trying his best to fulfil orders, if you haven't been successful then you have my sympathy, let it go and try again another time.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Apprentice
    I appreciated Eddies thread and understand how much work he has on, however I am slightly concerned as I ordered a 36mm Everest, order no ending ***7644 and received both emails at 14.01. I would have thought this would put me near to the top of the pile for shipping, but I've not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart54 View Post
    I appreciated Eddies thread and understand how much work he has on, however I am slightly concerned as I ordered a 36mm Everest, order no ending ***7644 and received both emails at 14.01. I would have thought this would put me near to the top of the pile for shipping, but I've not heard anything.
    The next 36mm Everest to be shipped is ****7677 and I reckon it's going to take another 5 weeks to ship everything.

No Baby Dreadnought orders have been cancelled.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    +1

(hehe)

Apprentice
    The next 36mm Everest to be shipped is ****7677 and I reckon it's going to take another 5 weeks to ship everything.

No Baby Dreadnought orders have been cancelled.

Eddie
    Are you saying that ***7644 has been shipped as I've not had a notification?

See post #118 here:

Perhaps we could all leave Eddie to it...
    ...he seems quite busy?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    See post #118 here:

Eddie does say that orders are on a strict numeric order, so all I'm asking is that if the next one to be shipped is ****7677 and my order is ****7644 then that would put it 33 orders in front? Or have I missed something?

Craftsman
    Eddie does say that orders are on a strict numeric order, so all I'm asking is that if the next one to be shipped is ****7677 and my order is ****7644 then that would put it 33 orders in front? Or have I missed something?
    On the ‘ordering on 13 Sept’ thread Eddie explained it as below.
    Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The orders don't come through from Romancart in numerical order. The numbers are allocated when you put the item in your basket, this means that if you don't checkout for 5 minutes, someone who placed an item in their basket 4 minutes later than you but checked out before you will have a higher order number but I will receive it before your order.

Because I knew that there were more orders than stock for the 36mm Everest, the first thing I had to do was sort the 36mm Everst orders into numerical order to determine who did and didn't make the cut. I sorted the orders into 2 piles:

one pile for the 36mm Everests
    and
    one pile for all other watches

Both piles are in strict numerical order now and I'm shipping 5 orders at a time, alternating between the 2 piles. Yesterday I had help from my nephew and we shipped 30 watches, 15 from each pile.

I hope that explains what's happening and why the numbers may be confusing. Most of the early orders were for the 36mm Everest so even though I've shipped 23 of the 36mm Everests so far, the next order on the pile is much lower than the next number on the non-Everest pile.

Eddie

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    On the ‘ordering on 13 Sept’ thread Eddie explained it as below.
    Not to prolong this thread, but to be fair to Mart54, Eddie said that the next 36mm Everest to be shipped is 7677, and Mart54's order for a 36mm Everest is number 7644. So even under that explanation, it would seem that his/her order has been overlooked, or that it has shipped and there has been no notification email (or that there is some other explanation).

Edited to add that there is a downside to these threads that share info about when people have received their watches, as it creates a lot of anxiety, and folks would probably be better off not knowing and contentedly waiting for their watches to be shipped (and Eddie would have the time/space to ship them out without interruption). Not saying that it's in any way improper to do these posts, since obviously it's exciting and great to share good news. Just that there is a downside to all of this additional info.
    Last edited by jodydavis; 19th September 2020 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Hi Eddie

If someone can help you set up an auto reply, you could draft a short message. It doesn't necessarily stop you from sending a follow up.

Something like:

Thank you for your email. Due to unprecedented demand for Timefactors watches, we are working hard to send all orders out as quickly as we can.

Please wait at least [X DAYS] before contacting us about your delivery.

If your email is in regard to any other matter, please bear with us. It may take us a few extra days to answer your query.
    Or,

Thank you for your email. In order to ensure the timely delivery of your order, please reply with the answer to the following question at your earliest convenience.

Do you have a letterbox?

Kind regards,

Etc.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jodydavis View Post
    Not to prolong this thread, but to be fair to Mart54, Eddie said that the next 36mm Everest to be shipped is 7677, and Mart54's order for a 36mm Everest is number 7644. So even under that explanation, it would seem that his/her order has been overlooked, or that it has shipped and there has been no notification email (or that there is some other explanation).
    The way I understand it is that order numbers are assigned when you put the watch in the shopping basket but the order of shipping depends on when you completed checkout. The person with order #7677 checked out before the person with order #7644.

For everyone who is still unclear about whether a watch is on its way, the best action is just to sit tight. Eddie will ensure everything is handled with integrity and fairness. But as you will know, he doesn’t have time to answer many individual queries right now.

The way I understand it is that order numbers are assigned when you put the watch in the shopping basket but the order of shipping depends on when you completed checkout. The person with order #7677 checked out before the person with order #7644.
    That’s my reading of it too....

Experience says Eddie is true to his word and you won’t be disappointed.

Absolutely, that's how I understand it too.
    To put this into some context, and remembering that the Order # (issued when entering checkout) is different to the Processing/Shipping # (issued when the purchase is completed).

There were 300 Everest 36mm black available. These (having read comments in various threads) seem to have sold out in c. 6 minutes (360 seconds). So, including all the other watches that were sold that day, that is at least one sale per second for the first 6 minutes (probably a lot more).

So if you took a minute longer entering your details or typing your card no. in, etc, then that is at least 60 places that you've just slipped down the processing list.

So, no need to panic, all watches will be delivered in good time.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the explanation - that's very helpful. I wasn't aware that there were Processing/Shipping #s as well, as Eddie didn't mention them in his explanation. (That's why, when he wrote "Both piles are in strict numerical order now" I assumed that he meant order number, since he didn't mention any other kind of number). Thanks to the forum for clearing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    Absolutely, that's how I understand it too.
    To put this into some context, and remembering that the Order # (issued when entering checkout) is different to the Processing/Shipping # (issued when the purchase is completed).

There were 300 Everest 36mm black available. These (having read comments in various threads) seem to have sold out in c. 6 minutes (360 seconds). So, including all the other watches that were sold that day, that is at least one sale per second for the first 6 minutes (probably a lot more).

So if you took a minute longer entering your details or typing your card no. in, etc, then that is at least 60 places that you've just slipped down the processing list.

So, no need to panic, all watches will be delivered in good time.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Or,

Thank you for your email. In order to ensure the timely delivery of your order, please reply with the answer to the following question at your earliest convenience.

Do you have a letterbox?

Kind regards,

Etc.
    I'm sure that would take longer than posting a half dozen watches

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

They are supposed to be in numerical order, 1, 2, 3 4, 5, etc but I've been through them again and I've misfiled a few, now corrected.

Eddie

Have you shipped it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jodydavis View Post
    Thanks for the explanation - that's very helpful. I wasn't aware that there were Processing/Shipping #s as well, as Eddie didn't mention them in his explanation. (That's why, when he wrote "Both piles are in strict numerical order now" I assumed that he meant order number, since he didn't mention any other kind of number). Thanks to the forum for clearing this up!
    Jody,
    I'm afraid my understanding of the 'numbers'’ was wrong - my apologies. Thankfully Eddie has corrected the understanding. Clearly a few numbers had fallen out of sequence.

The gap between orders (their disorder) was clearly increased by the volumes coming through.

Good luck with your watch!

Last edited by fm.tz; 19th September 2020 at 20:54.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    underrated comment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    underrated comment
    My old VHS ITV's edit/censor used to say "you dumb jerk" . Used to have us teenagers howling at the dub over !

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I'm just glad I was able to get my order in. Eddie already set expectations on when orders would be shipped. So I don't mind the several weeks wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=fishbio2;5535686]Given it's being shipped via UPS and that they clear it through customs, it's unlikely to take more than 5 working days from dispatch to get to you if you are currently in Canada.[/QUOTE

Thank you for your reply, that is good news. Yes, still in Canada and preparing for a long and cold Winter, travel restrictions being what they are.