closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: omega apollo 13 50th anniversary 2020

Craftsman

omega apollo 13 50th anniversary 2020

Was having a look through the Omega site this evening and I had forgotten that 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the Infamous Apollo 13 mission.

Were is the Omega apollo 13 50th anniversary edition?

5th October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you hoping for, a third Snoopy watch?

‘Failure to celebrate an Apollo anniversary is not an option’

Very complicated apparently, you wear it for a few days and one of the Chrono pushers blows off the side of the Watch. You have to contact the manufacturer and say 'Omega, we have a problem'. They respond with don't worry, we'll get it working again, failure is not an option.

Historical note: failure is not an option was never said, but added to the film for greater effect. Gene Kranz liked it so much he used it as the title of his autobiography.

Master
    There was a rumour that it will not be a Ltd edition. Not one for the flippers then.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

And I hear Gold is involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Was having a look through the Omega site this evening and I had forgotten that 2020 is the 50th anniversary of the Infamous Apollo 13 mission.

Were is the Omega apollo 13 50th anniversary edition?
    knowing Omega, a LE is guaranteed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    knowing Omega, a LE is guaranteed
    Not necessarily. The James Bond NTTD titanium SM300 for instance is not a limited run watch which is unusual so they may be moving over to runs for a period of time rather than number made.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Not necessarily. The James Bond NTTD titanium SM300 for instance is not a limited run watch which is unusual so they may be moving over to runs for a period of time rather than number made.
    good point, i wonder if theyre testing the waters with the 300M NTTD

Master
    Surely it doesn’t really matter if it LE or not. In most cases they set the number just below what they’d sell anyway. A few exceptions but most don’t go above rrp.

Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    good point, i wonder if theyre testing the waters with the 300M NTTD
    They have already tested the waters with the not limited Apollo 8, Dark side of the moon and the new Cal 321 which will also not be a limited edition.

It seems this is their new modus operandi

I was wondering whether Omega had ever considered selling this imminent release online (like the ST1/2) or if they’ll consign that way of selling LE’s to the dustbin due to the thousands who missed out and then complained?
    Last edited by WHL1882; 20th September 2020 at 09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I was wondering whether Omega had ever considered selling this imminent release online (like the ST1/2) or if they’ll consign that way of selling LE’s to the dustbin due to the thousands who missed out and then complained?
    I think those were very special cases as they were very much like a Forum limited edition. Now that Fratello has a web shop I would be more surprised if there were not sold through that portal if they release a ST3 at some point

It would be good if they did another white dial Snoopy that was widely available. I think the £35k price tag of the LE would crash over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It would be good if they did another white dial Snoopy that was widely available. I think the £35k price tag of the LE would crash over night.
    I think it would certainly fall but it is funny as the Apollo 11 35th Panda and the Blue Gemini haven’t fallen that much in price with the release of the Tokyo Olympic models with very similar colour schemes. They still seem to sit between the 8.5-10k level