closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Landlord's Insurance

Master

Landlord's Insurance

Between them, Santander Bank and RBS (where I have my modest wedge) are paying the square root of sod all in interest so I am in the process of buying an investment property. I don't want to over-commit so have setteled on a nice(ish) two bedroom flat. Grateful for any advice from you guys on the subject of landlord insurance.... anything to definitely look out for, beware of, etc etc etc.
    Pleased to hear
    Rob

Master
    Like residential insurance there’s plenty of options, accidental cover, malicious damage etc. I’ve never had to make a claim, but price wise Homelet have been unbeatable for me.

I switched to these guys a few years back as they put all my properties into one policy and are quite a bit cheaper than the mainstream companies who want to do a separate policy for each.

I also hope that in the event of a claim, the smaller companies are possibly better and faster at handling a claim.

I’d say cheapest is defo not the best choice.

https://www.alanboswell.com/landlord-insurance/

Master
    What are you buying the landlord insurance to cover?
    If a leasehold flat, the management company I assume would be arranging buildings insurance.
    Is it loss of rental, disputes or something else you are looking to cover?

Whoever you pick, don’t choose More Than.

They might seem well priced but they seem to be incapable of running things either online or via email. Who uses letters these days?

I've used discountinsurance for a few years on a 1 bed flat rental - they seem cheaper than a few others i tried. I haven't claimed so yet to test them but maybe worth a look.
    If you want rent protection etc try Goodlord.

https://www.cia-insurance.co.uk/

I’ve always used CIA for landlord insurance, they’ve been excellent and cheap

Craftsman
    For the cheap option I pay £10 a month through AXA, buy using Quidco for £76 cashback.

Master
    Can I just ask again what are you all covering by buying landlord insurance?

Especially for those like the OP who own a flat, presumably leasehold with buildings insurance covered within a management co structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Can I just ask again what are you all covering by buying landlord insurance?

Especially for those like the OP who own a flat, presumably leasehold with buildings insurance covered within a management co structure?
    a few things that might be covered could be - damage to flat interior, white goods protection, in case of extensive damage to building a place paid for tenants to stay in, legal / liability costs / locks - can be extended usually to include rent protection, extraction costs etc