closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secursus-Anyone used them ?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Answering my own question, it looks like this is peculiar to my account as I've just set up a new one and everything is stated in GBP when I'm logged in to it.

Scursus have yet to reply to the email I sent them yesterday querying this.
    Weird indeed. Just checked mine and it's in ££ after log in.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Answering my own question, it looks like this is peculiar to my account as I've just set up a new one and everything is stated in GBP when I'm logged in to it.

Scursus have yet to reply to the email I sent them yesterday querying this.
    When you opened your original account, were you by any chance using a private or work VPN? It might have shown your IP address as US-based and therefore your account is setup that way. This might explain why it appears UK-based initially but changes once you login.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    When you opened your original account, were you by any chance using a private or work VPN? It might have shown your IP address as US-based and therefore your account is setup that way. This might explain why it appears UK-based initially but changes once you login.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Thabks for chipping in - I did consider that, but I don't think so.

I set the account up some time ago but haven't needed it until now - I don't remember where I was when I did it, so it's possible, but unlikely I think.

The new account set up today is all correct anyway so I've asked Secursus to delete the original.

Craftsman
    I am about to use this service. So I will report back how it goes, using RMSD with Sercus on top. One note. I am sending an Omega to STS to be serviced. And the label/address says Swiss Time Services. Would this fall under the 'giving away the contents?' not literally, but you could work it out.

Would it be 'safer' to change the address to STS?

Quote Originally Posted by VoleBoy View Post
    I am about to use this service. So I will report back how it goes, using RMSD with Sercus on top. One note. I am sending an Omega to STS to be serviced. And the label/address says Swiss Time Services. Would this fall under the 'giving away the contents?' not literally, but you could work it out.

Would it be 'safer' to change the address to STS?
    Secursus do like one to make sure nothing on the package indicates the contents, which can be a problem because Customs labels attached ask for a description of the contents of the package, I have just used them for a watch going to the USA so will report back in due course.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Secursus do like one to make sure nothing on the package indicates the contents, which can be a problem because Customs labels attached ask for a description of the contents of the package, I have just used them for a watch going to the USA so will report back in due course.

Thanks. Yeah, I have just sent it. I feel OKish, as it's within the UK and I used Special Delivery. So I think I should be OK. As others have said, it's if you need to claim that it gets interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    May I ask did you declare the full value of the watch on the customs documents?

I am in the process of selling a watch to a US buyer. We agreed on using UPS as the carrier and Secursus to insure the watch up to £3000.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk