closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWC Diver

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Why, I wonder, would you need to see if this could pass inspection by the resident experts?

Not trying to gauge your chances of passing it off to someone?
    For the sort of money that a 1980/81 change hands for I would expect the buyer to inspect the watch in person and a luminova dial and hands would be very obvious when seen in the metal.
    The case and case back on this would also be give away that something is not right - to be honest they are almost worthless to a CWC collector so I think it would be very difficult to pass this off as an original CWC should Balance wheel want to (I am sure he does not)
    They one thing that may have a value to a CWC collector is the bezel and insert. These are often missing or badly damaged on the early issued watch so lots of other Monnin cases watches have been used for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    For the sort of money that a 1980/81 change hands for I would expect the buyer to inspect the watch in person and a luminova dial and hands would be very obvious when seen in the metal.
    The case and case back on this would also be give away that something is not right - to be honest they are almost worthless to a CWC collector so I think it would be very difficult to pass this off as an original CWC should Balance wheel want to (I am sure he does not)
    They one thing that may have a value to a CWC collector is the bezel and insert. These are often missing or badly damaged on the early issued watch so lots of other Monnin cases watches have been used for parts.
    Yes you are very correct the lume on the reissue dial and hands is I believe c3 and is very bright, aged t lume is very poor at 40 years. The suggestion by pagan that I would see if it passes then sell as 1980s is way off and would be a pretty dumb move to then post on the internet for everyone to see? Basically I loved the case and the Bakelite bezel but was bored of the Aquadive Dial, I reached out to Silvermans to enquire on buying a dial and hands then I did , no cloak and daggers
    I don’t want to get into arguments and can see it’s a delicate subject for some so I can only apologise if I’ve wasted anyone’s time

Craftsman
    Fair enough. I don't know much about CWC divers, and their collectors, so I'm happy to be informed my suspicion was unfounded.

In general though, I'd suggest that on a forum like this, making a franken watch and lying about its provenance is always going to rub people the wrong way, so would advise the OP to avoid such shenanigans in future.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I cant be the only one confused by all the different variations,talk about milking it.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I cant be the only one confused by all the different variations,talk about milking it.
    Whilst I get where out are coming from they are doing the exact same as other firms and digging up former models from their back catalogue. i.e. Zenith with the TP2.
    I don’t really get the watches made from the parts bins but they are a business and have to try to sell watches.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I dont think I am confused by the Tipo variations,CWC have gone over the top.

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...ervice-watches

Yes there are lots of variations but they are doing the same as most other makers.
    As I said I don’t get the parts bin specials and I would not buy one but it’s not different to what others are doing.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 4th October 2020 at 20:12.

I hope the automatics are going to be back in stock soon.

Not the best value for money compared to others but I love it. Wears so nicely