closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 250 grams of steel

250 grams of steel

I've owned this for over 10 years and I still love this watch.

Master
    Well, it’s no secret that I love 2000’s Breitlings and this is an absolute classic from that era.

I have been debating picking something up from this bunch...

Fabulous watch! I presume you’ve posted it here? https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ciation+thread

It is a lovely watch👍

I've never been a fan of the brand in general but that is stunning. I always got the impression that they were over-sized blingy watches for those wanting people to know they had a Breitling. Ignorant I know, sorry.

Over the last few months I've actually taken more of in interest in Breitling. Following the many conversations on the forum about the crazy and unobtainable Rolex situation, I was passing Berry's and thought I'd take a look at other brands that compete for the Rolex pounds. I discovered that Breitling offers some stunning pieces at (relatively speaking) very reasonable prices.

I'd certainly consider the brand if making an expensive purchase.

I'm never a fan of the Breitling bezels with the raised bits (I forget what they're called!), but the dial is lovely.

Breitling are very hit and miss, but the finish quality of the ones I've taken a good look at has always been excellent (including some of the garish Bentley models).

Of course, they're far from alone in having some howlers in their range - The prosecution offers the Rolex Clownmaster II (errr Yachtmaster II), a watch that would be universally panned if it was made by anyone but Rolex.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

It looks nice but sounds very heavy on the wrist at 250g, Is it comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    It looks nice but sounds very heavy on the wrist at 250g, Is it comfortable?
    Yes it's surprisingly comfortable. I compared the watch to my Sea-Dweller just recently in my blog. Check it out.

https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.c...x-plus-a17390/

The dial is among the coolest on ANY diver watch, imho. The new model that replaced this does nothing for me. It's nice but the design is quite ordinary in that one. This however...

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I'm never a fan of the Breitling bezels with the raised bits (I forget what they're called!), but the dial is lovely.

Breitling are very hit and miss, but the finish quality of the ones I've taken a good look at has always been excellent (including some of the garish Bentley models).

Of course, they're far from alone in having some howlers in their range - The prosecution offers the Rolex Clownmaster II (errr Yachtmaster II), a watch that would be universally panned if it was made by anyone but Rolex.

M
    Breitling finish is absolutely SUPERB. Very high quality bracelets, cases and dials.

I'm a big fan... although some of their recent releases just makes me wonder. Like this. I mean really... :o

For three grand I’d happily buy any of these from the current line-up:

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think Breitling, like Omega and Rolex, made more attractive watches in the 2000s than the 2010s - the Aerospace and B-1 are classic ana-digis that I'd still happily wear today. Breitling can do very interesting dials.

I was very tempted to buy the OP's watch (not *his* watch, but the model) - only thing holding me back are the dashes between each numeral

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I think Breitling, like Omega and Rolex, made more attractive watches in the 2000s than the 2010s
    Yes indeed. I like the Chronomat B01-line though. That is very attractive watch. Initially I didn't like them (the weird "space font" on the bezel and the large bezel pearl) but when I saw one in the flesh I was impressed.

I'll put my tin hat on when I say that the Navitimer is one of the ugliest watches I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Yes it's surprisingly comfortable. I compared the watch to my Sea-Dweller just recently in my blog. Check it out.

https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.c...x-plus-a17390/

The dial is among the coolest on ANY diver watch, imho. The new model that replaced this does nothing for me. It's nice but the design is quite ordinary in that one. This however...

A very nice dial.

Breitling IME have always had high quality finishes.

The finish and execution of a fine dial is what usually sets apart more expensive watch models IMO.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'll put my tin hat on when I say that the Navitimer is one of the ugliest watches I've ever seen.
    Should have gone to Specsavers

Although my wife would suggest maybe you did and you need a decent set of specs

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Haha ::)

Honestly, hideous watch.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Should have gone to Specsavers

Although my wife would suggest maybe you did and you need a decent set of specs

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Haha ::)

Honestly, hideous watch.
    Each to their own, of course.

M