closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling a Watch - Customs advice

Craftsman

Selling a Watch - Customs advice

All,

Looking for a bit of advice please, possibly selling a couple of watches on Chrono24, however as i currently reside in KSA if this was shipped to say a UK buyer am i correct in that they would be liable for customs chargers, so in effect could be a deciding factor to potential buyers that they would be hit for the tax, and in turn add to the initial sale value, example a 2k watch listing, they would also have to pay the 20% or whatever it is on top?

I suppose it also depends on the sale value then, and if adding the customs chargers is worth the overall cost? Maybe answering my own question, but just want to be clear before i decide.

Mick.

Yes they would have to pay 20% on top. And that's on anything valued over approx. £20 (I can't remember the exact figure but it's very low so not even worth considering).

Meaning, yes, any UK buyer considering the watch would need to add 20% and decide if it was worth it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Yes they would have to pay 20% on top. And that's on anything valued over approx. £20 (I can't remember the exact figure but it's very low so not even worth considering).

Meaning, yes, any UK buyer considering the watch would need to add 20% and decide if it was worth it.
    Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply.